Hello amazon associates
    I was wondering which scripts you use to build a complete amazon associate store. Plz share your experience with amazon store scripts.

Associate Engine is a fine script. If the search engines like your site, the script can be cpu-intensive, so you may need a VPS or dedicated (or a host who understands).
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by animas
    Plz share your experience with amazon store scripts.
    They didn't work at all on two of my sites that I tried it on. Could have been my approach, but I ripped them out after a couple of months.

I sell between 5 and 10 products from Amazon each day without using the astore scripts.

Why would someone want to shop Amazon through my site as opposed to just going to Amazon? (unless they were taken to Amazon from an affiliate link I had embedded in an article)

I personally wouldn't trust a non-Amazon site that had an Amazon iframe embedded in it. I'd be too scared they were somehow scraping my credit card digits at some point along the way, and I'd just go to Amazon directly.

If I can't trust it, then I can't expect a visitor to my site to trust it either.

Thanks. Some good points u gave.

Cool
    but you don't have to use an iframe . . . consider GoldenCAN -- it can present the whole inventory or just a narrow category. you'll have to forget the fourth click, but it is still free, otherwise.

I saw goldencan examples which shows only one store for a site.
    As RickPlmr mentioned ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    Why would someone want to shop Amazon through my site as opposed to just going to Amazon? (unless they were taken to Amazon from an affiliate link I had embedded in an article)
    and I agree with Rick.

I think to gain customer trust a price comparison facility(pricegrabber.com) will be better approach. I am not sure whether goldencan has this facility.

Lightbulb
    they were working on one; nothing heard lately.

re GoldenCAN: depending on how a merchant has set up their data you can drill down to a narrower emphasis. with Amazon.com you can narrow down quite a way on some subjects.

My amazon store did nothing for me so I pulled the plug. Regarding what Rick said about why someone would go to someone else's site instead of directly to Amazon, it's true. It looked good and blended with my site, was easy to set up, but didn't convert. Also, it's not SE friendly since it's an iframe.

What converted for me is having on-topic pages, reviews and displaying only a selected number of product linking directly to the product instead a range of products.

I just threw a store together the other day but haven't done anything with it yet. I figure I have a few (several, ok MANY) domains just sitting and would give it a shot on a couple of them.

My question is about the "inline frame" and the "frameset" ways to add the store to your site. Didn't this use to be a no, no when it came to the search engines? I haven't tried either yet and who knows I might not even be able to figure it out but I was looking for advise as to which if either would be more search engine friendlier

ABW Ambassador
    I remember the guy from Google adressing exactly that over on WebmasterWorld. The Amazon "frame" is fine.

Thanks Trust thats good to know! I just tried adding the code to a page and playing around with it. It took a little while to get things aligned up right using tables but it might have some potential. The obvious is that just adding the code from Amazon isn't Search engine friendly for the fact that there is no content to be seen by the search engines. But with other content added and maybe a couple other merchants it could work. Worth a try I suppose.

ABW Ambassador
    Found the thread from GoogleGuy, post #6:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/29720.htm

Thanks again Trust. A couple other good points were made there also

ABW Ambassador
    No problem. I heard the same kind of bad stuff about them awhile back and remembered GoogleGuy addressing it and what he said makes sense and that's just the way Amazon has certain links setup and I think Google realizes that.

Thumbs up
    nice for that

Cool E-commerce For Everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by animas
    I was wondering which scripts you use to build a complete amazon associate store. Plz share your experience with amazon store scripts.
    (removed self promotion)
    Edit: If you have a tool for affiliates to use, purchase an ad from ABestWeb to promote it.

thanks,
    AmazonDev
    Last edited by loxly; September 16th, 2008 at 11:30 AM.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread