This is showing up in my browser report with thirty six requests. I looked at the site and can't tell much about it other than it seems to be a reciprocating link site service. Does anyone know why they are in my browser report and will this hurt me in google? (in other words..is some sort of spamming going on?)

Bill
    Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
    George Gurdjieff

ABW Ambassador
    You probably exchanged links with someone using their service. The Linksmanager bot will just check your site from time to time to make sure you didn't remove the link.

I don't think this can hurt your rankings.

Javi

Thanks Javi

Bill
    Without self knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave.
    George Gurdjieff

Bill,

linksmanager.com in your reports should not hurt your ranking with Google or other SE's. I have clients using their service and their Google ranking for certain keywords has not been hurt by signing up with linksmanager.com

At one time I talked to them (linksmanager.com) and they seem to know well what link farms can do to a site's SE rankings and balance their services so that sites using them would not get punished by Google and others.

Vlad Lysik
    E-mail: affiliates@webceo.com
    http://www.webceo.com

I see linksmanager.com in my logs all the time. I don't think it matters, as Google doesn't penalize sites for the links going to it, just the sites linking from it.

I looked at it once, and it seems like a nice service if you have a lot of outgoing links to keep track of.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Our service receives almost daily requests from several link exchange services with LinksManager.com being in the forefront of most.

We rarely exchange links with any service that uses link farms because of the potential issue it may cause us by reciprocating links with any service using them.

We have found most services that use link farms are basically burying our link amongst hundreds if not thousands of other services just to create high velocity of links pointing to them. This type of reciprocation does not do very much for us considering the possible ramifications that the SE's may rate this as.

We do have many services that added us to their listing before sending out the reciprocal linking offer that never removed us after our informing them that we were not interested. To date it has not hurt us as of yet and we are always paying attention to this factor because of our log reports showing these link farm bots visiting our service daily and knowing fully well what SE's construe these link farms as nothing more than spamming practices.

DesignerWiz.com CEO http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I agree DW. Anything that automates the link swap process, including maintenance, is dangerous IMHO. Google has a hair-trigger for anything that smears their crown jewels.

I understand Google penalizes Zeus users. That's an automation tool for finding links. So why would an automation tool that maintains links be safe? Certainly users of it could be classified as "link massagers".

Google may have a hard time telling who is using it, but I'll bet if they can find a way the sites using it are at risk of becoming toast in the Google index.

So..what can I do? What should I do?

Bill
    George Gurdjieff

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread