The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Murphy's Law - Times Ten!
    Let's count the number of PREVENTABLE reasons why SignatureWines (personalized wine bottle would be great on my personalized gifts site) is NOT on my site:

1. The day I applied last month, CJ was having "server issues". An hour passed after I hit the APPLY button until I final got an error message.

2. Rebooted, and found then in my "pending list" - even tough I never got the final page when I applied

3. The merchant detail page in CJ doesn't show contact info until AFTER you're approved

4. After weeks of still pending I went to merchant's site and used their contact form to ask who was in charge of aff program - no response

5. I finally called them and asked. They had no idea what I was talking about. Gave me "marketing". A week of voice mails with no return call.

6. Finally got a human in marketing, had to explain what CJ and affiliate marketing is - he said that sounds like xxxx's job

7. I call xxx, tell him I applied, how long 'till approved. He said "I haven't logged into CJ in months". Then in the background you hear him saying "Hmm, lemme try this. No. How about this... no". (like he's trying to remember how to log into CJ - LOL

8. As he's trying to log in, I joke "I bet you have 300 pending applications!". He screams! 297!!! (LOLOL)

9. Another 1/2 hour while he searches for my business name, my personal name, my PID, misspellings therof. Nothing.

10. I tell him to sort by date, and tell him the day I applied. He proceeds to tell me all the personal info of the affiliates who applied on that date - LOL. I'm not there.

11. I tell him my thory - CJ timed-out that day... maybe "I" got the pending notification but maybe it wasn't sent to him.

12. He says apply again and he'll approve me. I tell him once you're in pending mode, you can't reapply

13. He says cancel your current pending, then reapply. I tell him CJ doesn't allow affiliates to undo a pending. The merchant has to either approve or deny for it to be taking out of pending.

14. We run out of ideas. He tells me to call CJ and tell them he wants me - LOL

15. I call CJ. If you've ever called, you get 1/2 hour of recorded messages saying "All questions ARE ansered on our site - are you SURE you want to continue to hold to get a human"... and "You really should use the Ask A Question Feature because it's open 24/7" (It may be open 24/7... but getting a SPEEDY response is not an option"

16. I get a human - tell her the problem. I opt for the simplest solution: "Can you manually take me out of pending so I can reapply. No.

17. Can you call the merchant and confirm he wants me. No.

18. She confirms my pending status is reflected in CJ. And I see it in my interface. Since CJ timed out and the merchant doesn't see my application, can you confirm my application was in fact sent to the merchant? NO!

19. She asks a superviser what can be done. I should use the "Contact Merchant" form in CJ (and hope the merchant gets it and knows how to respond) and ask him to make me a private offer, this way they'll be placed in my interface and I can accept the offer. AArgh

20. I did what I was told. Anyone have any hopes this merchant (who doesn't remember how to log into CJ) knows how to push thru an offer?????????

If anyone from CJ is lurking - can you fix the obvious problems so that merchants and affiliates who WANT to be partners, CAN be partners!

Tax Paying Member
    Sounds like the perfect way to make to me
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Billy, you need an award for Perseverance, because I frankly would have hung up after the 'manager' said he had not logged in in months.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I am wondering why you would be browsing through cj merchants in the first place.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

sounds like the next thing might be accounting forgetting they need to send in a check...i'd pass too

LOL Falcon - I was NOT trolling CJ for merchants!

Was checking my referrals in google, and I checked out other sites in the top 10

I carry about 10 different personalized wine/champagne bottles

This company had all the other ones I could use - and an affiliate program

Not all of my money-making merchants are parasite free, well managed, with good links. Some convert only because they're a good match for my product line

What a comedy of errors. You just reminded me of why I drink. Maybe they'll give you a couple of freebies for your trouble.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    ...You just reminded me of why I drink. Maybe they'll give you a couple of freebies for your trouble...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yes, perhaps they should send you a couple bottles for the 'review' you are writing up, or the 'video' you are creating.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Oh! Ye of little faith!!!

Just logged into CJ and there was a pending offer!!!

I applied and got the "This merchant manually approves publishers" screen

I'm just one more hurdle away - lololol

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread