Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Dumping my Linkshare merchants - need advice
    I'm going to dump the few merchants I work with who are at LS. I'm not entirely sure where on my sites their links might be located and I want to make sure I remove them all.

Can anyone tell me if LS has a report (similar to CJ's) that tells you the URL that referred an invalid link?

Muchos!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey Rhea,

I am unsure if affiliates have access to this data, but I know that the Affiliate Manager does. You can ask them for a "referrer report" for the last month.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I guess I'll just have to run all my pages through a global search to find the remaining links. I suspect that will be easier then trying to deal with the merchants or Linkshare.

Goodbye Linkshare. I never was that into you but now I'm going to be completely out of you. I'm not wasting my time on a network that always puts the affiliate last.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Rhea,

PM me the problem before removing links... perhaps I can turn you onto someone inside LS who can help

I removed all LS links during Athena, but have re-added merchants since then on an as-needed basis.

Bottom line is it was a LOT of work removing (like you said/finding the links)

followed by a lot of work re-adding (re-doing stuff you already did in the past but deleted)

Thanks, Billy. Will do.

Phew! We have an LS merchant coming soon, hopefully you'll give ABW OPM's a free pass for LS Clients .

I'm sorry Michael, the answer is a firm, resounding, "no." I will not do business with LinkShare anymore. I know it's not your fault that your client chose LinkShare for its network. (It isn't, is it?!?)

Once burned, twice burned, thrice burned, I ain't gonna be LinkShare's fool anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I'm sorry Michael, the answer is a firm, resounding, "no." I will not do business with LinkShare anymore. I know it's not your fault that your client chose LinkShare for its network. (It isn't, is it?!?)

Once burned, twice burned, thrice burned, I ain't gonna be LinkShare's fool anymore.
    No, not our choice, it will be our only non SAS client. Linkshare does have it's advantages and disadvantages just as any other network, and I completely understand your decision. I just had to ask!

I look forward to working with you on all our other programs .

-Mike

Hey Billy, did you get that PM I sent you?

Still waiting on a reply from you and it occurred to me maybe you never got the PM I sent. Let me know and I'll send it again if necessary.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    2am vegas time and i'm up - aargh! hope i'm coherent

r - i asked if you need help salvaging your relationship with linkshare to pm me

my contacts at linkshare are there for when i hit a brick wall - to help me break thru the beaurocracy

you asked me to contact them to help you drop them - lol - i can't abuse my relationship for that

Okay Billy, thanks anyway.

I don't blame you a bit Rhea. I haven't gone through the trouble yet of trying to remove all my LS links, but I stopped adding new ones a while ago.

The fact that their stats only update daily was a big problem for me - that's pretty stone age functionality that makes it hard to learn anything from trends on your sites throughout the day.

I also have yet to find a LS merchant that is converting for me on a regular basis (or even on a sporadic basis). Could just be me, but I've been having decent success with CJ merchants and like their web tools much better.

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    The fact that their stats only update daily was a big problem for me - that's pretty stone age functionality that makes it hard to learn anything from trends on your sites throughout the day.

I also have yet to find a LS merchant that is converting for me on a regular basis (or even on a sporadic basis). Could just be me, but I've been having decent success with CJ merchants and like their web tools much better.
    They actually update stats (on some reports, like the Individual Item Report) as frequently as every 15 minutes. Not every merchant updates that frequently, though. Some update hourly and some update daily.

My conversion ratios on all of the networks I work with are comparable. Some merchants convert great. Some convert horribly. On the whole, though, there's not a significant difference from network to network.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I have never had a LS merchant convert worth a sh!t on my site.

The difference in conversions between networks is very big on my site, with SAS leading the pack. I always wonder how other affiliates make money with LS and I see that they do so it's either something screwy on my end or something more ominous.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It seems that my problems with LS are merchants leaving.

I did really well with cooking.com and they left LS.

I slowly built up good sales with Target and after my 2 best months ever for them, they left LS.

I did well with Walmart and they halved their commissions.

I did pretty well with Gumps and they dropped their LS program.

I did well with Marshall Fields and they were bought out by Macys and ended their LS affiliate program.

I did well with Silvo and they went belly-up

I did fairly well with Publishers Pipeline and they ended their LS affiliate program (they still owe me $$)

There are more on this list from LS than all the other networks combined.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Running a coupon site for the last 3 years, I have used a lot of LS merchants on my site. (2nd to CJ)

But almost every month LS commisions have been a poor 3rd, behind performics.

Now... the last couple of months they are a solid 4th behind SAS. Despite me only using a few SAS merchants (but growing).

ABW Ambassador
    I had a steady bit coming in from Target before they left, and some from Walmart for a short while (who I won't use any more), but otherwise it's less than negligible income from LS. SAS merchants convert well for basically the same stuff as LS merchants don't convert for, for comparable prices. There has to be an explanation, but I can't come up with one.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread