ABW Ambassador
    CJ.com is Down
    Tried from two different ISPs. Page Cannot Be Displayed.

Affiliate links are working fine.

Can't login
    I can get to the homepage but could not login to my account

Same Here It's been about an hour and a half here in NY I was surprised to put in a twelve hour day yesterday with no problems but todays another story. Must be time for a nap

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Heh. So what else is new?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Happens every month around this time, give it 2 days and you'll be back on track.

Verbosely Virtuous Mutt spacedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehphil
    Happens every month around this time, give it 2 days and you'll be back on track.
    Much more often than that. CJ is very simply put a crappy, half-*ssed operation. IMHFO, YMMV, etc. I don't know why I continue with them.

Sounds like that needs to be an honest conversation with yourself. I hear everyone complain constantly about CJ, yet we are all still here...I am genuinly intersted in what keeps you (forum readers/contributers) on CJ?

The fact that I still make money, despite the numerous roadblocks CJ throws our way constantly. And that some of my favorite partnerships are with CJ merchants and not available on another network or in-house.

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    The fact that I still make money, despite the numerous roadblocks CJ throws our way constantly. And that some of my favorite partnerships are with CJ merchants and not available on another network or in-house.

You said a Mouth Full, and that is what it is about, some of the merchants keep you there.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Back up.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Yes, some of the merchants keep me there. But it's like a restaurant with amazing food and horrible service. Eventually you hope against hope that the chef moves to another restaurant that cares about their customers. Or you just stop going.

Working again.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

Quote Originally Posted by spacedog
    Yes, some of the merchants keep me there. But it's like a restaurant with amazing food and horrible service. Eventually you hope against hope that the chef moves to another restaurant that cares about their customers. Or you just stop going.

Ageed, although sometimes the chef moves to a place that is worse not better. This has been the case for me with a couple of my better performers.

Sounds like that needs to be an honest conversation with yourself. I hear everyone complain constantly about CJ, yet we are all still here...I am genuinly intersted in what keeps you (forum readers/contributers) on CJ?
    That's a good question and as already stated certain merchants keep us there. I think the better question is why do the merchants stay there knowing, at least some of them knowing that we, the affiliates have problems getting products links to their sites, logging on, staying logged on and so on. I can't count the number of times I wanted to use a certain merchant at CJ but ended up going to another at SAS or elsewhere because of the frustration of waiting.

It's time the merchants lay into CJ and tell them to invest more into the backend of their systems. JMO of course

Can you imagine the stock holders of Google, MSN, Yahoo and so on if their sites were down like CJ is????

Interesting, we're actually starting up with SAS (and hoping to switch over completely in a few months) for many of the above reasons, the customer service, as well as the nickle and diming on everything possible. As a merchant, I would think that CJ would want to make it easy for us to generate sales, rather they charge for everything. I would think that if enough top producing publishers asked, merchants would move. Start asking.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Interesting, we're actually starting up with SAS (and hoping to switch over completely in a few months) for many of the above reasons, the customer service, as well as the nickle and diming on everything possible. As a merchant, I would think that CJ would want to make it easy for us to generate sales, rather they charge for everything. I would think that if enough top producing publishers asked, merchants would move. Start asking.
    The problem there is I already spend so many, many "wasted" hours replacing the same product links from one network to another when merchants switch, that the thought of my really major merchants switching networks and having to change maybe 50% of 10,000+ individual product links is debilitating. The end result would be great, but the mind-boggling amount of work, with probably thousands of dead links during the process, is not something to ask for.

Also note that CJ has been up and down all morning.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    It's time the merchants lay into CJ and tell them to invest more into the backend of their systems. JMO of course
    Honestly, it's almost like the system is designed to bring itself down. Take a really fundamental task for example, take reviewing affiliate applications.

Say there are 10 applications to review. I click into "Manage Affiliates", click "Pending Review", click a pending app to get a pop up of the affiliate's info and review their app and websites. Now here's where the system decides it'd like to use as much of the available server muscle as possible...

The first app is in India, lists "http://-" as their website and includes "software" among their promotion methods.

The efficient way to handle this would be for me to click decline and have the pop up window reload with the new status of declined, then I would close the window and click the next app down the list, but in CJ's resource intensive bizzarro world the steps are as follows:

1. Click decline and a new window pops over the current pop with a set of radio buttons for a basic decline and an auto-decline option with another decline button.

2. Click the decline button and the new window reloads with a declined message and a close button.

3. Click the close button and the window closes and reloads the affiliate info pop with a declined status and a close button.

4. Click the close button and the info pop closes and the list of pending affiliates refreshes to only include the remaining 9.

Neat, but way too many clicks and database hits on an already slow system.

I want to click decline and click close, not click decline, select decline option, click decline, click close, click close and wait for the pending apps list to refresh. It's a fundamental part of running a program and should be designed for efficiency of completing the task, but instead is designed with as many extra steps and database hits as they could come up with. Multiplied by thousands of advertisers and those extra clicks and DB calls slow CJ down for all of us.

I'd love to have you all in the CleanItSupply program over on CJ, but I also understand the frustrations and wish they'd do a lot more to eliminate them.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread