Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Affiliate Marketing is a Scam like MLM
    I read this on a wealth building forum and I just had to see what you guys think. I'm not sure if I can post a link to it so I will just post the comments that I found..."interesting"

I'd like to know how some of you would respond to this.

One comment:
    "Affiliate marketing is a strategy which promotes spamming, just like MLM. While I don't doubt there are some individuals who have made millions in MLM/affiliate marketing, for every 1, there are 100,000 who don't."

Another one:
    "When you're an affiliate marketer you're a follower, not a leader. This forum is about becoming a leader."

And another:
    "When you're a member of an affiliate marketing, MLM, or any of those types of things, you are basically just an EMPLOYEE of someone else's business. Yes, you don't have the hours or office cubicle of a typical job, but you're still helping put money in someone else's pocket. For the most part, you're just another salesman."

ABW Ambassador
    There's ignorant people out there, don't know what else to say.

And doing a search on it and the site's name is thefastlanetomillions. Case closed. Bunch of get rich quick people, bottom of the rung.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What do you expect from a wealth building forum? I bet all that hype was in 48 point, bold, red text, wasn't it?

Sounds like whoever wrote that had a very bad introduction to affiliate marketing and doesn't understand it very well. They are probably also trying to sell an ebook or some other "wealth generation" guff.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I find it fascinating that affiliate marketing is repeatedly compared to MLM. I don't at all get the comparison.

MLM is basically set up as a pyramid scheme, whereas AM is basically working as an independent contractor for a bunch of various merchant programs. What's the SAME about them???
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hmm, a couple words come to mind - stupid and/or ignorant but likely both.

"Affiliate marketing is a strategy which promotes spamming, just like MLM. While I don't doubt there are some individuals who have made millions in MLM/affiliate marketing, for every 1, there are 100,000 who don't."
    Granted there are spammers in this biz but there are also spammers in their biz too. His "success" numbers can be applied to any worthwhile business/job. So if 80% of new businesses fail within 5 years, are businesses scams too? Probably with their system, the only one making money is them.

"When you're an affiliate marketer you're a follower, not a leader. This forum is about becoming a leader."
    Huh? Nearly all of the affiliates I know have the leader qualitites. They do what they want, when they want, how they want and where they want. Doesn't sound like a follower to me.

"When you're a member of an affiliate marketing, MLM, or any of those types of things, you are basically just an EMPLOYEE of someone else's business. Yes, you don't have the hours or office cubicle of a typical job, but you're still helping put money in someone else's pocket. For the most part, you're just another salesman."
    Name one successful market that doesn't make money for someone else? If you have a successful business, chances are someone else is making money because of your efforts. This clown is putting money in other people's pockets so he must be an employee too, by his definition. Jokers like that don't realize how quickly they will be out of business by lying to people to get their money.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I find it fascinating that affiliate marketing is repeatedly compared to MLM. I don't at all get the comparison.
    I don't get it either.

But I also don't get how to explain what affiliate marketing is without someone saying "oh, so like avon right?"

ABW Ambassador
    I signed up just to drop them a little knowledge.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    In reality Rex, pretty much all marketing is MLM in structure. Not the rah - rah, meetings in your living room, sponsoring downlines type, but multi level structure nonetheless.

As a basic example, a manufacturer makes the goods. They market through (or to) wholesale distributors. (likened to OPM's or AM's) Wholesale distributors have dealers (likened to affiliates). Dealers (affiliates) advertise, promote and generate consumer orders.

But as far as comments on what the thread starter referenced, the ill - informed author of the site in question has an agenda, and unfortunately there are many who think that if they tear down others, it somehow makes them look good. To some consumers this would probably apply. But to wiser consumers (especially the internet) it only taints their own brand.

The writer of those remarks is obviously inexperienced and has no working knowledge of affiliate marketing. BUT, he has an agenda!! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I signed up just to drop them a little knowledge.
    Uh Oh!!! LOL School em Trust!!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    lol:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Obviously you've come here to argue a point - there are dozens of other forums to discuss affiliate marketing -- this isn't one of them.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

And it was a nice post I promise. I basically explained the differences between mlm and affiliate marketing and explained to them we're not employees, we own our own businesses etc. And one of the quotes above in the first post was from the admin over there, so basically they don't have much of a clue. Always have to consider the source when people post stuff like that.

maybe we should all register.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Did you see his response to your post Trust?

Talk about arrogance.

Without affiiliate marketers who would educate the comsumers? No scams here just teachers

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    lol:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Obviously you've come here to argue a point - there are dozens of other forums to discuss affiliate marketing -- this isn't one of them.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

And it was a nice post I promise. I basically explained the differences between mlm and affiliate marketing and explained to them we're not employees, we own our own businesses etc. And one of the quotes above in the first post was from the admin over there, so basically they don't have much of a clue. Always have to consider the source when people post stuff like that.
    I liked the part where the adm justifies his position to ban you by bragging how he's made $10 Mil doing whatever it is he does.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, just checked it out and he locked the thread right after that. I don't believe a word he says. Probably has an ebook** coming or something. It's pretty funny. Actually according to his MySpace, a book. He wants to be a Hoolywood screenwriter or NYT best selling author.

Probably has an ebook** coming or something.
    Good guess (a book). From a July 25th post:

Quote Originally Posted by a member
    MJ,

Could you share with us your definition of the fastlane?
    Quote Originally Posted by the admin
    Its really hard to explain in a simple post - my book attempts to explain it (BTW, the book is still months away as its a hodgepodge of notes).

...followed by a bunch of smoke blowing

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Look at the positive side of these comments: The more people that read and believe what they write, the less competition you will have!

It is not difficult to see why the public would easily buy into these (false) blanket statements, especially once it is explained that most of the SPAM they receive is from "affiliates" of off-shore pharm's and other garbage.

Truthfully, if you tell 100 average folks on the street that you do affiliate marketing, probably 99 of them will give you a blank stare in return.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    maybe we should all register.
    My thought exactly, although we should probably just let them wallow in their ignorance. I don't think that they'd be much of an intellectual challenge and obviously aren't open to debate. Any forum that welcomes only a single viewpoint is a waste of time.

I noticed that they have fewer than 400 members, hell I pissed off more people than that last week.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Give the poor guy a break, after all he will probably sign up for most of the affiliate programs that utilize ABW in just a few months. After all, he will need to do something for a living eventually.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Carter
    Give the poor guy a break, after all he will probably sign up for most of the affiliate programs that utilize ABW in just a few months. After all, he will need to do something for a living eventually.
    I'm sure there's still a market for snake oil.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    bragging how he's made $10 Mil doing whatever it is he does.
    Maybe he works as a gigolo.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Maybe he works as a gigolo.
    He's currently wooing Leona Hemsley's dog.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    He's currently wooing Leona Hemsley's dog.
    I heard her dog turned him down - she wanted a real man.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I'm sure there's still a market for snake oil.

-rematt
    I sure hope so, I just bought 10,000 cases. I'm going to flavor it like they do coffee, and have multiple choice like they do at Starbucks. After I make $10,000,000 I'll write a book, open a forum, and ban everyone who is smarter than me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast