I'm very very happy working with PacSun.com as an affiliate but I just found out today they have no problem working with Ebates and WhenU. Ahhhhhh!

I emailed the affiliate director a parasiteware article and he replied this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Thanks for passing on the article. It was an interesting read. We are very familiar with the parasite software issue.

We have had direct discussions with the principals at whenu.com and ebates.com and feel comfortable at this time that they are not
    actively stealing or intending to steal commissions. We have also discussed the
    issues at length with Commission Junction.

We are seeing a pretty wide spectrum of sales from many Affiliates and are not seeing a handful of Affiliates dominate our sales.

We will continue to listen to all our Affiliates and to assess the ongoing situation.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should I drop them???

Sounds like to me from their email that they are taking the word of eBates, Whenu and CJ without checking it for themselves. They obviously aren't very familiar with the "parasite software issue" or they would know that what they've been told is not 100% correct.

One more to take off my site. Thank you for posting. They are one of the merchants that I had not been in touch with yet concerning this so this saves me some time.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I contacted this merchant multiple times last year and basically got polite responses back suggesting that they would look into the controversy. To my knowledge they did not take any action last year, though perhaps I am wrong. I do believe they made a brief appearance here last year.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

Hi,

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. They work with companies that attack their other partners, and they are OK with that.

I don't work with them, and now I never will.

ROFL

Does anyone have evidence of ebates or whenu stealing commissions? I guess a print screen would do. I would like to forward some evidence to the affiliate director.

As long as whenu and ebates are among their top affiliates, they are unlikely to listen to smaller affiliates. It is business...
    My business is to avoid them

Gabe
    www.1lovecards.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread