Best Deal Magazines Deal of the Day Script Problem
    I feel like such a goob. How do I make the Deal Of the Day javascript that comes directly from Best Deal Magazines work? (They send this to us through email.) Do any of you use that? Theoretically, you put the code on your site and the link updates every day with that day's magazine special. Am I understanding that right? I put the code on my site and get nothing. A blank spot.

It's taken me a couple of weeks of trying to figure this out by myself, but I give up. I've never understood much about javascript, never had much reason to learn, and know there's something obvious to everyone else that I'm missing. Do I have to link to a picture? The one in the email? How? Oh, I know this is probably so elementary, but I just don't get it! Sigh.

Help.....please....anyone?

Thanks,

Wanda

It's not you. They seem to be having a problem with the site the script runs from.

If you're using wordpress, that might be the problem. Someone at sas told me that java won't run on wordpress (I was having a similar blank spot issue).

Quote Originally Posted by onecrazymom
    If you're using wordpress, that might be the problem. Someone at sas told me that java won't run on wordpress (I was having a similar blank spot issue).
    FYI -- "java" is entirely different than "javascript." (Well, I don't know about the "entirely" part -- but they're different creatures.

And "javascript" -- which I think is the script being referred to here -- will run in WordPress. You have to either hard-code it into your WP theme template where you want it, or use a WP theme with widgets and put it in any of a number of useful widgets.

Just to clarify!
    Generate more fake news.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread