Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Exclamation Koo Koo Bear Kids are Crooks!
    This is a continuation of this thread, but I wanted to make a new thread so more affiliates will see this.

I have waited for 6 months and didn't post anything here with hope that the issue with them will resolve. Obviously, it hasn't been resolved yet and that is why I am posting now. I can no longer hold the frustration I have with them inside. And even though at one point I talked to Joe (the owner) almost every day on the phone, for the last 6 months he is not replying to my emails. When I call his office, his secretary tells me to "hold on a sec", and then she tells me that he is not here. Obviously, he is hiding.

For the past six months I have received only one email from him, telling me that they are moving to a new warehouse and that is why I am not taken care of. Does moving to a new warehouse excuse you from paying what you owe me Joe!?!?!?

Joe my "friend", you are officially the ONLY client of mine who hasn't paid me for my services. Not a good title to have, is it? Of course, I am not the only service provider who has worked for you and that didn't get paid. I know a few people from ABW that you did the same thing to. At ABW we are a family, and you are playing with the family. Not good for someone that wants to do business here.

When you came to ABW, you started to work with a lot of good people. Who is left now Joe? Do you work with anyone from ABW at all? Unbelievable!!! And if you see this thread, it is obvious how much you "care" about the affiliates here at ABW.

As for all the affiliates out there who have signed up with them, I suggest you drop them immediately. All of you who are thinking of signing up with them, do NOT sign up. There are MANY good merchants out there, but KKBK is NOT one of them. As far as I can see, their company has been built by owing people money.

Haiko, I suggest you ban them from ABW, and Brian, I suggest you drop them from SAS. Nobody needs merchants like this.

Joe, you will probably be a like this all your life, but I think you will never do this to an ABWer again. As for me, I will make sure I spread the word about you and your company. Remember, what goes around comes around.

Addition to this post:
    I want to clear out the confusion because some people got this wrong. Shareasale has NOTHING to do with this. Shareasale is the best affiliate network of all. This is an issue between me and KKBK for services that I have provided directly to KKBK.
    Last edited by AlexBet; September 10th, 2007 at 11:37 AM.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

ABW Ambassador
    Alex, chances are that there's also now copyright infringement involved by displaying your creative works

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

If such is the case, you can file a DMCA complaint with the search engines and have the violating materials/pages removed from the index. Usually the whole site will be removed.

Google, Yahoo and MSN/Live are located in the U.S. so it's US copyright law that applies.

I am glad you have finally posted this Alex. I never put their links up due to this issue. At one point I might have, had they paid what they owed, but I would never do it now. What a bunch of losers.

Wink
    Maybe someone can point them toward the MLM wealth forum instead of ABW and they should be able to find some real good affiliates there.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Doesn't Shareasale gurantee payment for them? Why do they deposit funds if they are not dispursed to affiliates that are owed money? Did the funds run out? This is quite troublesome.

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by konishare
    Doesn't Shareasale gurantee payment for them? Why do they deposit funds if they are not dispursed to affiliates that are owed money? Did the funds run out? This is quite troublesome.
    If I not mistaken - if the network doesn't get paid - you don't get paid.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by konishare
    This post is not regarding affiliate payment through SAS, rather, payment for professional services by an independent designer on ABW.

Even if they are making their payments at SAS (and SAS is very good at staying on top of this for ALL merchants), the fact remains that they now have a track record of not paying for services rendered. I personally would not want to work with such a merchant.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Alex,

I am sympathetic to your situation, but can a moderator move this to a more appropriate forum... There has already been one affiliate posting above who confused this with a ShareASale issue of non-payment, etc... and I would like to avoid any further misunderstandings.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Alex,

I am sympathetic to your situation, but can a moderator move this to a more appropriate forum... There has already been one affiliate posting above who confused this with a ShareASale issue of non-payment, etc... and I would like to avoid any further misunderstandings.
    Sorry about that Brian, let me clear out any confusion...

This is NOT a Shareasale payment issue! Shareasale is THE BEST affiliate network out there and I have NO issues with Shareasale whatsoever. Shareasale pays everyone on time and in full.

My issue is with payment directly from KKBK for services that I have provided for them. I just want to warn people about KKBK because a few people at ABW have been played by them. I posted it here because they are a merchant at Shareasale, but again, Shareasale has NOTHING to do with this issue.
    Last edited by AlexBet; September 10th, 2007 at 11:38 AM.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Alex, chances are that there's also now copyright infringement involved by displaying your creative works

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

If such is the case, you can file a DMCA complaint with the search engines and have the violating materials/pages removed from the index. Usually the whole site will be removed.

Google, Yahoo and MSN/Live are located in the U.S. so it's US copyright law that applies.
    I will definitely look into that. Thanks!
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

http and a telephoto
    Moved from Shareasale forum to Midnight Cafe per Brian's request.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    AB,

I'm so sorry for you.

As affiliates, we get scr&&wed all the time, but we're used to it. We come here. Yell. And move on.

But it shouldn't happen to somene in your position. And it shouldn't happen to you. You're like Tom Hanks. Everyone likes you!

I never looked at their site. But I assume they see your work every time they go online. It will grind on them each time. I don't know the owner, but assuming he's human, at some point it will get to him.

And the people under him will be reminded what kind of person he is every time they go online. Can't be good for company morale.

ABW Ambassador
    But I assume they see your work every time they go online.
    Billy, they won't see it if it's Alex's intellectual property and he sends a C&D to get it off their site.

Neither will anyone see Alex's stuff from search engine referrals if they don't comply, because a site that violates intellectual property laws gets removed from the search index so they're not a party to it and therefore also subject to legal liability: Safe Harbor, aka CYA. All the engines have it, but here's Google's instructions for filing:

Google DMCA Procedure

Some copyright info at Chilling Effects:

http://www.chillingeffects.org/copyright/

Oh, and also a DMCA can be (and should be) sent to the web host, who also have to take the site off line if notified of copyright violation, else they'll also be liable for contributory infringement.

If it's what I think it is, it's being used on two websites, not just one. To be quite honest, if "that's what it is," I'd go the Google route first because it's mandatory to give a response to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    AB,

I'm so sorry for you.

As affiliates, we get scr&&wed all the time, but we're used to it. We come here. Yell. And move on.

But it shouldn't happen to somene in your position. And it shouldn't happen to you. You're like Tom Hanks. Everyone likes you!

I never looked at their site. But I assume they see your work every time they go online. It will grind on them each time. I don't know the owner, but assuming he's human, at some point it will get to him.

And the people under him will be reminded what kind of person he is every time they go online. Can't be good for company morale.
    Well, I try to have a good relationship with all of my clients. I've had problems with other clients before, but nothing to this extent and nothing that wasn't resolved in a peaceful and friendly manner. But of course, all my other clients are normal people with whom you can have a conversation. When they tell me that they can't pay right away, I understand that and I can wait sometimes. And it is not the money so much any more as much as that my pride is hurt. I also don't want anyone else from ABW to make the mistake to work with them again.

My work with them was on email creatives and banners mostly, but we did quite a few of them. I don't know if they are still using them.
    Last edited by AlexBet; September 10th, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

For the record, this is the second time I contacted Joe Mediate about non payment for his contracted services and obligations with third parties. Joe isn't banned because he should have a right to post that he finally did Pay Alex, but that's it, I will not allow KKBK on ABW.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Cool!
    As it should be.
    I put off contacting Alex for too long assuming that he was booked.
    Truth was ... he spit stuff out faster than one could ponder proper usage. A major talent that will almost annoy you in "getting it right". While you are trying to absorb the potential .... he wants to know "what else?".
    If he says it, may the damage fall where due; He is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    For the record, this is the second time I contacted Joe Mediate about non payment for his contracted services and obligations with third parties. Joe isn't banned because he should have a right to post that he finally did Pay Alex, but that's it, I will not allow KKBK on ABW.
    The silence hurts my ears Mate .... back to lurking/listening/learning.
    Too often, no response ... is the response

KooKoo Bear Kids
    I must say after reading your post on ABEST Web I am shocked and sadden to say the least. I thought we were one of your good customers, boy I would hate to see if we were one of your bad ones.

Over the past year, we have asked you to create HTML mailers and banners to help support our affiliate partners. In return for your services, we have paid you close to $xxx for all of your help, according to our records. Furthermore, our system shows we have paid all of your invoices to date. If you have any open invoice, please contact us by call our accounts payable department and get this cleared up as soon as possable.

For the record, we were very happy with your work. As a result of our rapid growth, it became necessary to hire a fulltime staff to do the design work that had been previously outsourced. If the motivation for this post is the loss of our business, the least I can say is that this is extremely unprofessional. I must say I have never seen anyone use this type of forum to try and smear one of his or her customer's reputation like you have here.

I hope you will contact us ASAP to resolve this issue.

Finally, to all KKBK affiliates, we pride ourselves on paying all commissions on time and will continuing to do so as we have done since our program launched. If there are any issues regarding your commission payments, please don't hesitate to voice your concerns here.
    Last edited by loxly; September 10th, 2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: edited out dollar amount - inappropriate information

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mediate
    For the record, we were very happy with your work. As a result of our rapid growth, it became necessary to hire a fulltime staff to do the design work that had been previously outsourced. If the motivation for this post is the loss of our business, the least I can say is that this is extremely unprofessional.
    Alex has no lack of business. He apparently is trying to get paid for work that was already done. And it sounds like he isn't the only contractor to have difficulty getting paid by your company. Sounds like you need to answer your phone and check your email more.

Funny how nothing happened until some threads about your company got closed and then you finally show up....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

If the motivation for this post is the loss of our business, the least I can say is that this is extremely unprofessional. I must say I have never seen anyone use this type of forum to try and smear one of his or her customer's reputation like you have here.
    You should be ashamed of yourself for even typing such a thing, especially after he has given you well over 6 months to pay.

Why not just admit you messed up and fix it? People would respect that far more than you insinuating that Alex is dishonest. Everyone here knows better than that.

I must say after reading your post on ABEST Web I am shocked and sadden to say the least. I thought we were one of your good customers, boy I would hate to see if we were one of your bad ones.

Over the past year, we have asked you to create HTML mailers and banners to help support our affiliate partners. In return for your services, we have paid you close to $xxx for all of your help, according to our records. Furthermore, our system shows we have paid all of your invoices to date. If you have any open invoice, please contact us by call our accounts payable department and get this cleared up as soon as possable.

For the record, we were very happy with your work. As a result of our rapid growth, it became necessary to hire a fulltime staff to do the design work that had been previously outsourced. If the motivation for this post is the loss of our business, the least I can say is that this is extremely unprofessional. I must say I have never seen anyone use this type of forum to try and smear one of his or her customer's reputation like you have here.

Finally, to all KKBK affiliates, we pride ourselves on paying all commissions on time and will continuing to do so as we have done since our program launched. If there are any issues regarding your commission payments, please don't hesitate to voice your concerns here.
    Oh, now I am the one to blame, right? Of course, I didn't expect anything else from you. An attack is the best defense. Of course, you "didn't" owe me anything and for six months I was sending you all of those emails and I was calling you so many times just because I was imagining things, right!? Why didn't you reply to my emails then? Why were you hiding when I tried to call you? People only hide when they've done something wrong. And you my friend have done a LOT that you shouldn't be proud of. I have all the emails I sent you and I can prove that. Haiko also contacted you in my name, so please don't tell me you didn't know.

Yes, you were a good customer of mine a year ago when you paid my invoices. But you became my worst customer when you stopped paying them. Part of your growth is due to what I did for you, and don't forget that. I don't want to even think of working with you any more. I don't have a lack of customers. That is because I am an honest and good person. People know me here very well, and I've never had any problems with ABWers. As for you, you've had problems with ABWers since you came here. That tells a lot about you and how much you "care" about people here.

As for the payment, I told Susan from your accounting department what you owe me. I sent her the invoice for the Nth time. It was very strange how she called me right after I wrote this post this morning, and she wouldn't call me before. Let me see if I will get paid this time like you say, or it will just stay as an empty promise.

As for me lying, I am sorry, but people here can judge that for themselves. I've never lied to anyone here, unlike you. Everyone here knows me, and everyone knew you, but they got to know you better now. Haiko is the most righteous person I know, and everyone knows here that he wouldn't ban you if you haven't done anything. So, please stop embarrassing yourself because people here are not stupid.

And BTW, look in my portfolio HERE . That is the last thing I did for you. And guess what, it is an email creative for Easter which was in April (about 6 months ago) and you haven't paid that invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxly
    Funny how nothing happened until some threads about your company got closed and then you finally show up....
    Isn't that strange!? Hmmm...
    Last edited by AlexBet; September 10th, 2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

Joe,

It's one thing to not honor ones obligations, but to shun the responsibility of such onto the person who actually did what they said they were going to do is just despicable.

I've known AlexBet for 6 years and can say inequivocably that everyone that has ever done any work with him only has accolades for him, while your track record is non payment after non payment.

I allowed you an opportunity to post and clear your name by owning up to the debt and paying it, but instead you throw your guilt on an innocent person. You can pay all the commissions or bonuses you want, everyone NOW knows what type of person you are, and from this day forward I doubt any wise affiliate would continue to market KKBK.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I don't want to edit the post above but it's Unequivocally not inequivocally, TY BK
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Well Joe, I did send the invoice to you and your accounting department AGAIN at the same day you posted this, and I still have no payment. It's been one more month since your post. I will remind you each and every month that goes by here, and I will also resend the invoice to you. I really want to see if you will ever pay.
    Last edited by AlexBet; October 9th, 2007 at 02:30 PM.
    Alex

Benjamin Franklin

Sorry to hear that, Alex. I guess that's one company I (and likely many others) won't be dealing with in the future. Hope you get it resolved soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast