Newbie Question about Joining Programs
    I'm a new affiliate to LinkShare and have a question about applying to merchant programs. Most merchants want to check your site first before they approve the application, and I have noticed that LinkShare requires you to select one channel to add the merchant to.

I find this difficult because I want to create NEW sites with the products of the LinkShare affiliates. Most of the affiliate sites I already own are not appropriate to add to LinkShare, so what should I do? How do people deal with this?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I already have several affiliate sites (with CJ and Amazon) but I'm new to LinkShare.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    You can start new channels for your new sites. So you can apply to merchants with the exact site you want to.

ABW Ambassador
    I register the appropriate domain name, create the site and upload it to my webhost, create the linkshare channel, and apply to the merchants.

Most approve me, some don't. If I really want to be in the program I email the AM...usually I'm accepted then.

ABW Ambassador
    It sounds like ouray only wants to create a site if he gets approved for new merchants. That's not how it's intended to work. You should create a site first with relevant content that will get you listed in the search engines so you'll get traffic to your sites. Then you apply to affiliate programs.

ABW Ambassador
    That's one way but:

"I find this difficult because I want to create NEW sites with the products of the LinkShare affiliates."

That's another. With affiliates needing what the merchants are selling (could be product links/whatever) to build out their sites.

Only way around it, is put the site up first, then add the ad space... just using a dummy link is an idea, or using a redirect on your site, so you can forward to the redirect, and it will send it to the right customer... Then all you have to do is update the link in the redirect.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread