2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    OkayLoans.com and 2 more for sale
    Have a client willing to sell 3 choice domain names.

OkayLoans.com ( I even have sample site, art and logos going with this one.) www.get-in2.com/okayloans/

Bundled into price is ...
    QUICK-N-LOANS.COM
    OKAYMORTGAGE.COM

Are these worth anything substancial?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Have a client willing to sell 3 choice domain names.

OkayLoans.com ( I even have sample site, art and logos going with this one.) www.get-in2.com/okayloans/

Bundled into price is ...
    QUICK-N-LOANS.COM
    OKAYMORTGAGE.COM

Are these worth anything substancial?
    if there is nothing already on the site I don't think they would get too high a fetching price..

Quote Originally Posted by oziman
    if there is nothing already on the site I don't think they would get too high a fetching price..
    That content was on the site and it had Google PR. The client just let the monthly hosting lapse when his mortgage/loans partners folded shop. No doubt the short meaningful names have some value and He asked me to sell them before their renewal date. Content and art work goes with sale price.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That content was on the site and it had Google PR. The client just let the monthly hosting lapse when his mortgage/loans partners folded shop. No doubt the short meaningful names have some value and He asked me to sell them before their renewal date. Content and art work goes with sale price.
    I am definitely not an expert, but I do hold a couple hundred domains (of which 100 +/- are developed to some extent), and have both bought and sold several in the 4-figure range. (Even bought one at the Moniker Live Auction at Affiliate Summit East)

My feeling on the value of the OKAY financial domains is that they are just Okay. If I search for a mortgage I want something better than just "okay."

Okay, with that said, you might fetch low-mid $xxx for the bundle - to the right end user, not a domain dealer. I would be careful with Quick-N-Loans.com, however, because of a "possible" trademark issue. It sounds a lot like Quicken Loans...

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    I am definitely not an expert, but I do hold a couple hundred domains (of which 100 +/- are developed to some extent), and have both bought and sold several in the 4-figure range. (Even bought one at the Moniker Live Auction at Affiliate Summit East)

My feeling on the value of the OKAY financial domains is that they are just Okay. If I search for a mortgage I want something better than just "okay."

Okay, with that said, you might fetch low-mid $xxx for the bundle - to the right end user, not a domain dealer. I would be careful with Quick-N-Loans.com, however, because of a "possible" trademark issue. It sounds a lot like Quicken Loans...

Should I try selling them on Sedo through the Dotster interface or try eBay?

Should I try selling them on Sedo through the Dotster interface or try eBay?
    I have a few domains registered with Dotster but have never tried their sales interface. I also have never tried to sell anything on eBay because I am leery of scams and fraudulent bids; and dealing with that is a potential waste of a lot of time.

I have been successful with a few sales on Sedo. However Sedo can be a bit slow. The domains I sold there were just "parked" and waiting for me to develop them; but every so often someone came along and made an offer that changed my mind about development.

I have been successful in selling (and buying) through the three top domain forums, DNForum, DomainState, and NamePros.

There is nothing wrong with using both Sedo and one of the forums. Potential buyers, especially on the forums, will be (or should be) interested in traffic stats. However, on Sedo I have not and anyone ask.

I am not really in the domain business, but a while back I started acquiring travel-related domains in anticipation of building a network of travel sites. But I ended up with too much on my plate and now need to refocus my efforts. This winter I intend to "clean house" and seriously work on that refocusing.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the advice Beachy

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread