Reseller Hosting - Any recommendations?
    What I need:

Multi-domain hosting with WHM/cpanel

Not much disk space (less than <50 gb), but minimum 5 TB bandwidth.

Would appreciate recommendations from anybody who has used their provider for over one full year without having any downtime issues.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

5 TB bandwidth?!?
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Yeah
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

Personally, I would run screaming from anyone who offered that kind of bandwidth on a shared box. Best of luck tho, David.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

Looks like you need a dedicated server with unmetered bandwidth. ThePlanet has some unmetered bandwidth deals http://www.theplanet.com/hosting-pro...dwidth-cogent/.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    5 TB bandwidth?!?
    5 Tearbytes? WooHoo - lots of data...
    ...that's over 5,100 GB of bandwidth - or about half of all books in the Library of Congress every month - or 50,000 trees made into paper and printed. On a graphics-intensive game server, the equivalent could be all the X-ray films in a large technical hospital.

That's one busy server, for sure.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

unmetered bandwidth
    They say it, but do they mean it? And what about reliability? I soil my pants if I have outtages that last more than several minutes.

5TB bandwitdth for a reseller account? Please disclose your budget also for that same. Although I think it to impossible to get 5TB for a reseller.

There are indeed shared hosting plans with TB offering out there, but you should check through the TOS carefully before signup to ensure you are not hosting something that is not allowed, typically big files are not welcome by these web host in general, and beware not to overuse the account resources, or you may risk getting your hosting account suspended by the web host, some of these web host do practice suspended accounts that is too active.

It is mostly a marketing tactic to offer huge resources shared hosting plans and impose limitation to the use of the resources, which basically is close to impossible for users to even go near to the limit given.

If in any case, there happen to be a web host that does not impose such limits, it is still impossible for a small server to process that kind of traffic, I am sure no web host will want to setup server clusters and offer TB shared hosting plans with no limits for just a couple of dollars.

For the benefit of anybody else who may find themselves in this particular fix (images sucking up bandwidth).....

Photobucket offers unlimited usage in exchange for displaying their link/banner on your site. They'll even let you use an affiliate link, which is more than generous IMO.

If performance isn't critical, you could get a low-end dedicated with high bandwidth and still keep the costs down. It's getting easier to find very inexpensive deals on older CPUs (though if you need control panels, sometimes that's a "gotcha"). For example, I saw an ad today for a $29 server; if you want cPanel, that was an extra $35.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

David,

Have you looked into compressing the images at all? Imagemagic works pretty slick on cpanel

just a thought

David - we may be able to help you with your hosting needs, we have a data center, I am thinking you may need a dedicated server and not shared hosting. If you want to talk, message me and I can tell you what we have and see if we can be of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    ...If you want to talk, message me and I can tell you what we have and see if we can be of any help.
    Uh, I don't believe you have PM privileges yet. You may want to post an encrypted email. Ex: Your.name / at / whateverdomain dot com

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Beachy - thank you I forgot that the ability to message me was not available yet.

I can be reached at ajanssen /at/ rolet /dot/ com if you want to discuss hosting needs, we have special packages for affiliates....i have a tender spot for them and all...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread