CJ's AT&T Online Ordering Tool "Broken"...
    https://swot.sbc.com/swot/serviceQual.do?

This is the page that imports information from the main AT&T landing page when a customer enters his or her phone number in the DSL availability form field. The form on the link above doesn't allow for the imported (or manually typed in) telephone number to be entered correctly in firefox! This means there is no way a customer can place an online order, they are "forced" to the "call this 800 number page if they don't have Internet Explorer and want AT&T DSL service..of course no commissions on those call in orders, they only pay on "Qualified Submitted Web Order"s.

Try and enter any 10-digit telephone number and the form only permits the number of digits allowed in the form field to ten, but then FORCES the dashes into the form field without compensating for those two added characters!

This cuts off two digits of every telephone number entered into AT&T’s online ordering page/qualifier sending customers to a page urging them in red to call and order!

Due to technical problems, we are unable to process your order online at this time. Please contact us at 1-866-999-6181 Spanish is 1-866-772-6932 Mon-Fri (8-6pm); Sat (8:30-5pm).

I BET AT&T'S CALL CENTER BUSINESS HAS BEEN BOOMING…

And that's not all, with no warning to publishers AT&T has taken away commissions on the $10 DSL basic offering, even if the customer orders from a $14.99 Basic DSL link or creative.

It's interesting to note that they did the same exact thing to the Apple online store affiliate program right before the i phones came out, just to beat the affiliates out of the early returns on commissions. A friend was recently telling me they just brought that program back, now that demand on the i phones has died down, oh, not to mention the whopping 1% commission they now offer.

So, let's review, this is what AT&T does to it's affiliates that promote them and send them highly targeted traffic, they take the most talked about product in the news and say...tough; we ain't paying you nothing, but we'll sell it to all of your customers and we'll make a tidy profit anyway!

Now, top all of that off with the fact that they promote their business DSL through this same CJ channel without offering any commissions! I mean really, what's next? Why not just take away any commission at all on the basic DSL package, even at $14.99? They just did away with commissions on their $15.95 a month dial-up after Christmas last year. And yes, they still promote and sell that same dial-up to your customers in the CJ channel, they just don't pay you for it anymore!

I wonder if the FCC knew that AT&T intended to use it's affiliates for free traffic and sales to subsidize the cost of offering that $10 DSL to get the Bell South merger approved....

Way to treat your long-time affiliates AT&T...
    Last edited by TruthToPower; September 10th, 2007 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Added more info..

ABW Ambassador
    When I enter a 10 digit number, it inserts the hyphens but it does not cut off any numbers and it goes through correctly.

I doubt the FCC is concerned about what you allege even if it were true.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    When I enter a 10 digit number, it inserts the hyphens but it does not cut off any numbers and it goes through correctly.

I doubt the FCC is concerned about what you allege even if it were true.
    I was being sarcastic with the FCC remark....

Some people, sheesh

ABW Ambassador
    Keep your comments to the facts. Hold the sarcasm which cannot be deciphered in a written message, as well as your rudeness.

After my first response, you added that this problem was a Firefox issue. There was no mention of Firefox in the message I replied to. A simple solution would be to submit a bug report rather than your rant. You make this sound intentional when it is actually a browser issue.

I don't know where you are getting that I was rude to you man, and my apologies for making you feel so.

Just a quick look at my logs, 25-30% are Firefox users...couple that with the 5-10% of spyware ridden IE users and that is dangerously close to half the traffic going to AT&T.

Scary thought...

I've already filed a bug report, thanks for the suggestion.
    I don't know if you noticed all the OTHER reasons I mentioned regarding the AT&T affiliate program at CJ....but I think that is reason enough to rant if I feel inclined. Besides, isn't this forum for affiliates to talk about this kind of thing? Now I'll make a suggestion to you, if you find my conversation offensive perhaps you should look for another thread that agrees more with your perspective...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread