ABW Ambassador
    Wow, I'm thinking Wordpress is great!
    I've got Wordpress up and testing running on my desktop, and seeing what it can do.. a lot of you here are right about it making things a whole lot easier! Think I've found plugins that can do all the things I wanted. Will find out for sure when I actually try to set them up. It also looks like with the themes, it allows for a dynamic (if I'm using the term right) website, in which if I want to change the website, I just need to change the theme, not every page!

/end advertisement

Sorry.. but happy Wordpress makes my lack of PHP and CSS knowledge, not as bad a thing as I thought it would be. Now though.. I just need to find a theme that fits what I want and is close enough that I could hopefully edit it (the colors, pictures, graphics, ads, the header, sidebar,etc) to exactly what I want.. which is taking a bit of time, but better than a few weeks/months of study PHP and CSS, right? LOL

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Wordpress has been a very good site building tool for us. You are limited only by your imagination.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

http and a telephoto
    Yes, you can change the whole look of your site by just changing the theme. It's a beautiful thing
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the replies.

visitourmall, I actually think my limit right now is lack of program knowledge. Still hoping to find the theme that fits or is close to the image in my head, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardaka
    Thanks for the replies.

visitourmall, I actually think my limit right now is lack of program knowledge. Still hoping to find the theme that fits or is close to the image in my head, LOL.
    Don't really know what that image in your head might be, Hardaka. Probably beyond what we would need to know.

I would recommend WordPress themes by Brian Gardner. I don't have a link available, but I and a couple of other folks here, I think, have taken a liking to some of this themes. Some cost money, but several really nice ones are free. I'm using a couple of his themes and getting ready to fire up another the next day or two.

Just google "Brian Gardner" and look for his WordPress themes. You'll find him, I'm sure.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    ...Just google "Brian Gardner" and look for his WordPress themes. You'll find him, I'm sure.
    Yup, I like his work, also.

http://www.briangardner.com/themes

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Wordpress support forums are also really good (at wordpress.org). I can usually find answers to my questions there.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for that suggestion (Brian Gardner). Operating on a bit of lack of sleep at the moment, was looking through there.. but.. brain need sleep.

I didn't want to turn this into a question asking thread, but if you'd all be so kind.. two questions.. (had before the lack of sleep)

On the main page of the website, will Wordpress allow me to have the whole content section broken up, like maybe two sections for blog posts that post different subjects, and other sections for more fixed objects. Then the other pages' content section would just be a written article? If I'm making sense, LOL.

Second, I drew out the image in my head and had a question on that, is that something I could post in the site review section and ask for opinions, or that just for uploaded websites? lol

MINDsprinter -> Good timing to post that while I was writing this. Might be better to go and ask there instead? I knew a lot used it here, so was thinking here could help.

You can design your main page to look however you want. Wherever you include the wordpress loop code is where the "blog posts" will show up. You can put whatever other content you want in there too. But yeah, the wordpress forums are a good place to look.

As for the image, I say why not put it in site review. That's how I design anyway, start with an image first.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread