Checks Unlimited Conversions
    Checks Unlimited has pretty much gone to 0% conversions as of today. Anybody seeing a similar pattern? Looks like they changed some web pages.....wondering if tracking was left out somewhere.

Exclamation Checks Unlimited - Tracking Down!!
    Just placed a test order on the Checks Unlimited site and it did NOT track. Also, conversions are 0% today which is highly abnormal.

Andy, please look into this as quickly as possbile. Otherwise, this could blow up pretty fast.

Thanks

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFisherman
    Just placed a test order on the Checks Unlimited site and it did NOT track. Also, conversions are 0% today which is highly abnormal.

Andy, please look into this as quickly as possbile. Otherwise, this could blow up pretty fast.

Thanks
    We are looking into this now, all stats for yesterday look normal, in fact, yesterday was an exceptional sales day. We are all over this though ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

UPDATE:

They are experiencing some issues with the website, we will keep everyone posted.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Checks Unlimited has pretty much gone to 0% conversions as of today. Anybody seeing a similar pattern? Looks like they changed some web pages.....wondering if tracking was left out somewhere.
    Fly, we already have one thread open on this topic. Merging threads now...

UPDATE - 1:55 PM

They have found the issue, the tracking pixel was indeed killed in the update last night and they are all over it.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Andy is there any word on a feed for this merchant? This would make it much easier for me to promote you then just a lone banner lol

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    :-(

Just seeing this now. Ouch. My PPC money, flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    Andy is there any word on a feed for this merchant? This would make it much easier for me to promote you then just a lone banner lol
    Tip: Use the many check images available on SAS. The are really effective. Feed is still in the pipeline being developed by CU.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    :-(

Just seeing this now. Ouch. My PPC money, flushed.
    Sorry D-Man, we found out at the same time, it was a major site update and as many merchants do without knowing, they leave out important code that they may or may not be familiar with like an affiliate tracking pixel. It happens buddy ...

Last Update:

All is clear, the tracking pixel is re instated and orders are pouring in ...

Andy-
    Thanks for the heads up. We had an small issue from last night's web release that caused our affiliate links to error out. Everything should be resolved now. I did confirm that we are taking orders again.

Again Thank You.

Thanks to FlyFisherman for the heads up, we check stats daily but today we had a 8 am meeting in our office for a large webdev client and it went on for a few hours ...

All is well in the CU affiliate land ...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    It happens buddy ...
    Yep, it does happen, that's understood. But of course, orders kept pouring in for them for the traffic I was sending, so I'd expect a resolution of some sorts, not just a superficial reply like yours. You're capable of more than that Andy.

I've sold well over $600,000 worth of ChecksUnlimited checks since I started with them. That's nothing to sneeze at. And I feel covered in snot right now with the answer you've provided.

It's not that I need anything special or unusual or particular done, but your answer sounds like "oh well" to me... that's not the way an OPM should view his PPC affiliate's time and money. And for me, it's not just that comms stopped coming in, my ppc money was used to drive customers to them and I foot the bill - so it's not a timeout in my income, I go into the red / negative / loss - and they still benefit.

Anyhow, I do ask that you give just a little more thought to what transpired for all of your CU affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Yep, it does happen, that's understood. But of course, orders kept pouring in for them for the traffic I was sending, so I'd expect a resolution of some sorts, not just a superficial reply like yours. You're capable of more than that Andy.
    Donuts, this is the first time that any of our merchants has had an issue such as this. I had heard of it happening to others, but we have been fortunate with our crop of merchants. The reply was not meant to be taken superficially, but I was working on 10 things at the same time so it may have appeared "short"

I've sold well over $600,000 worth of ChecksUnlimited checks since I started with them. That's nothing to sneeze at. And I feel covered in snot right now with the answer you've provided.
    Indeed, you are the check man, no doubt. If you were here, i'd say "bless you" and hand you a wippe man. No offense meant by my comment, no disrespect and definitely no snot.

It's not that I need anything special or unusual or particular done, but your answer sounds like "oh well" to me...that's not the way an OPM should view his PPC affiliate's time and money.
    Not meant to sound that way at all ... totally agree with the OPM comment.

And for me, it's not just that comms stopped coming in, my ppc money was used to drive customers to them and I foot the bill - so it's not a timeout in my income, I go into the red / negative / loss - and they still benefit.
    After thinking about it again and getting some feedback, I totally agree with you and see your position clearly. We have never had to deal with this type of situation with any of our merchants directly.

Anyhow, I do ask that you give just a little more thought to what transpired for all of your CU affiliates.
    Communications have been initiated and we have proposed a compensation plan, awaiting merchant aproval to implement ...

Thanks D Man !!

Thank you.

And I realize it's not easy, cuz who knows who would have had sales while the pixel was on its smoke break. But get the merchant to sponsor some bonuses, or heck, even some free checks or something. Thanks again.

IMO the only reasonable resolution to this would be to calculate the average earnings for each of your affiliates per day and add these funds to each account in the form of an adjustment.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    IMO the only reasonable resolution to this would be to calculate the average earnings for each of your affiliates per day and add these funds to each account in the form of an adjustment.

- Scott
    That would be the best solution and remove the weekends as usually those are days where there are no activities
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    Hey Snib,

Will definitely consider this as an option and speak with Andy further on this matter.
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Or have a random drawing, with several prizes, among anyone who made a sale in the previous week.

"Fairness" is impossible to achieve here given dayparting (by the aff and by others who affect them), maintenance people do, natural variations in traffic, some may have noticed the sales and shut off what ever they were doing, randomness (this was a short lived event), etc...

Anyhow, I'm confident that Andy'll do something to make everyone feel like they weren't bearing the damage of someone else's mistake without an attempt to try and make it right somehow.

Keep in mind the times the tracking issue occurred ...from 9:45 PM to about 2 PM. About 16 hours but of those hours, 10 are between midnight and 8 am, the day before we had 60 sales from 12 midnight to 8 am. My point is the that volume of sales comes during the day ...

I also have information that many links were dead altogether, the sales did not occur. Im sure some of you experienced that as well with your links, the SAS links were not going anywhere. We are talking with them tomm and i'm sure there will be a resolution that will be fair to everyone.

Part of my proposal was to take the sales form the day before and compensate a % of the sales based on the hours of downtime. So if a partner made $100 in commish the day before, we would compensate them a % based on hours of tracking being affected.

I like D's idea, I would take it one step further, any affiliate that had x amount of sales in the week, we would average and compensate .. let's see...

EPC much lower now
    My EPC and Conversions are running about 50% lower since this new "update" to the Checks Unlimited site. Anybody seeing similar numbers?

Andy, is it possible to check the numbers for all affiliates for the last 2 days compared to before the site update? I'm not fully convinced this one is completely solved. And any update on the resolution for compensating affiliates for untracked orders?

thanks

My EPC and Conversions are running about 50% lower since this new "update" to the Checks Unlimited site. Anybody seeing similar numbers?

Andy, is it possible to check the numbers for all affiliates for the last 2 days compared to before the site update? I'm not fully convinced this one is completely solved. And any update on the resolution for compensating affiliates for untracked orders?

thanks
    Fly,

Send me an email with your SAS id that you are seeing an abnormality and i will look into the numbers for you ... no update yet on the compensation but it's coming, we have been exchanging emails and finalizing the plan ...

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread