Affiliate Manager
    Pre-populate Affiliate Tracking Links? Possible?
    Once in a while, after sending emails to affiliates (through CJ) talking about new links and banners, I get a request like the one below:

"Hi, could you please pre-code all links with our tracking links so I don't have to go back and forth copying and pasting codes from CJ to my site?"

I would love to do that, but I am not sure how. I even talk to a CJ rep that has no idea how to accomplish that.

I think that unless I had an interface that affiliates could go and put their PID numbers, there is no way I could provide them a list of all our links with their specific tracking links.

If there is a way to do that, could you please let me know?

Thanks a lot

Just insert the image into the email (does not work with inside-cj mail) - When you're in the editing stage, clicking the link (there will be a list next to the compose box) will insert the image into the email. It will also show up with a link below it that when clicked, will give the user the code without even logging in.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Just insert the image into the email (does not work with inside-cj mail) - When you're in the editing stage, clicking the link (there will be a list next to the compose box) will insert the image into the email. It will also show up with a link below it that when clicked, will give the user the code without even logging in.
    That's how I do it. If the affiliate clicks on the link GET HTML he can get his specific code. But that's now what he wants. He asks me to give them the code IN the email. His specific code in the email. I am not sure how to accomplish that.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Joshua, since you said it doesn't work with CJ mail, I'm not sure that skuba will understand what you are referring to.

Affiliate Manager
    True. I was talking about CJ mail.
    I don't see how your suggestion is different from what we can do with CJ mail. And how could I send thousands of emails to my affiliates outside of CJ mail?
    THanks

ABW Ambassador
    skuba, it is possible that CJ doesn't provide a way to do that (other networks do though) because it is not recommended that affiliates copy links from emails. It's best to get links through the affiliate interface.

There are two types of messaging in CJ - Emails to all affiliates (which emails their email addresses), or internal CJ mail (from the mail tab, click compose). You can insert links into the emails, but not internal CJ mail. As for link code directly in the email, you can't do that to my knowledge. Don't worry about one affiliate who's too lazy to click a link and copy code - It's one extra click...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread