Daily Tasks of a Good Affiliate Manager?
    Lets say a company has an affiliate manager and decided you will give 20 hours a week, 2 hrs a day to doing the tasks of an affiliate manager

What would those daily tasks be?

Obviously one would be seeking new affiliates but what else?

A list would be superb and would really help me and any other interested in the work of an affiliate manager

http and a telephoto
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81985

Start searching and you will find threads on this topic. And my daily tasks list will be much different from your daily tasks list.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

As an AM, one of your main duties should be to check stats every day. Checking stats helps you keep an eye on your program and will help you:

detect possible fraudulent activity (unusually high conversion rates)
    detect possible pixel failures (significant dorp in conversions with the same traffic)
    detect a technical problem with an affiliate's site. (significant drop in overall traffic)

These are just a few of the issues you can find and handle asap if you start every day with stats reviews.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Why would someone be asking you to be their affiliate manager when you come here posting asking how to do it in several posts? If they were looking for a manager shouldn't they find someone who knows how?

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Why would someone be asking you to be their affiliate manager when you come here posting asking how to do it in several posts? If they were looking for a manager shouldn't they find someone who knows how?
    Well the last time i looked there wasnt a course being run at a local college called " Learn how to be an affiliate manager "

Most affiliates managers either have

A. No Idea
    B. No Idea and Learn Fast
    C. Are Affiliates Who have idea of what affiliates want but just need to know some more details.
    D. Someone who was born knowing the tasks of an affiliate manager ( doesnt exist )

Plus it says on the forum that this is the area for

" Open discussions on becoming, being and succeeding." ... Im talking about becoming and being..

Quote Originally Posted by danay
    As an AM, one of your main duties should be to check stats every day. Checking stats helps you keep an eye on your program and will help you:

detect possible fraudulent activity (unusually high conversion rates)
    detect possible pixel failures (significant dorp in conversions with the same traffic)
    detect a technical problem with an affiliate's site. (significant drop in overall traffic)

These are just a few of the issues you can find and handle asap if you start every day with stats reviews.

Thankyou that was helpful, i appreciate your feedback

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=81985

Start searching and you will find threads on this topic. And my daily tasks list will be much different from your daily tasks list.
    Hi Loxly yeah i had come across that one.. it was really helpful.. thanks again for showing the url

easylife, you're very welcome.

There actually IS a course. It's run by Andy Rodriguez and his team. If you want to learn from someone in the business, that may be the way to go.

Andy has a forum here... http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Do a search for Affiliate Manager bootcamp in his forum.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Andys course is cutting edge and I believe that Geno has published a textbook on the subject as well.
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

I just know if I were hiring, I would want someone who had some experience. It is one thing to already work for a company and get moved into that position and have to learn, but to get hired for the actual AM job with no experience, that wouldn't give me much faith in that program out of the gate. Especially since there are so many experienced AMs out there.

- check program stats to see everything is working properly, note any unusual activity
    - approve new applications, make a note of promising ones, contact them individually, introduce yourself and offer help
    - of course, answer all affiliate emails, questions as soon as you can, show that there is active management behind the program
    - start making a list of underperforming affiliates (many impressions no clicks or many clicks no sales) and contact them, a bunch everyday, with suggestions to improve
    - find potential affiliates (search engines, competitor's affiliates, sites that match your industry etc ) and make a list, then contact them(one at a time), a bunch everyday
    - get acquainted with your top performing affiliates and contact one each day, to make sure they're content in your program and ask for your their suggestions on improving your program
    - keep up with your site's deals, offers, new products etc, to offer them to some or all of your affiliates, in newsletters, direct emails...

Note:Ignore the negativity in this thread. ABW is a place to learn; and you're doing exactly that. Affiliate marketing is not rocket science, with your willingness you can get up to speed in a few weeks. Good luck!

What negativity? I was making a point. Where was I negative?

http and a telephoto
    I didn't see any negativity, I saw people saying that things aren't as cut and dried as easylife would like them to be.

You list, my list and his list all depend on his company, his duties, and his vertical. Plus his network, whether he is inhouse.... there are a million different things that might be on *their* daily task list. No 2 managers have the same list.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread