Anyone Got an Alienware Puter?
    My son wants one badly, was wondering if anyone had one and could share their experiences?

Alineware is good for gaming but from my experience they tend to need trouble shooting often. Not that they go bad they just need service.

I personally own an Alienware system and have friends with them and while they are all great they can be troublesome mainly due to hardware drivers etc.

I would put your son onto the new HP Blackbird 002 and get him that instead, it will probably require the same troubleshooting the Alienwares do but will have better tech support.

Also a new Dell is coming out that he might like.

By the way when I say trouble shooting, I mean if he is a gamer he may find him self googling a lot to find the best way to tweak his system for a particular game.

The thing is, nothing oozes coolness to him more than an Alienware computer. An HP or Dell won't cut it.
    He is deep into gaming, and says he "needs" an Alienware.

I did some searching and the only issues I really saw was the "phase game", or the taking forever to get it.

I do plan on putting him to work on a gaming site to pay me back for this "investment". Bad enough they had to come out with a Xbox 360 Console Halo 3 Special Edition, just in time for Halo 3 to come out. This kid is going to owe me big time.

LOL Connie.

Check out CyberpowerPC as well. Not sure if Mike (HWGeek) will agree with me, but I find them to be as good if not better than Alienware, and they have plenty of Sexy cases to get into.

Unless of course your son has fallen into the same trap many of us do, whereby Brand=Sexy....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Desktop or laptop?

Dell bought alienware. That "is" the problem.
    My advice, at least check out the new HP Blackbird. 10 times better service that you will need on a tweaked machine.
    http://h20435.www2.hp.com/

He wants the desktop. We felt that a desktop was better for gaming, easier to upgrade things like graphics cards later if needed.

I will show him the HP Blackbird, but have a feeling what the answer already is.

ABW Ambassador
    Tell him, he will be unique with it. Not many people are going to have one right away and it really doesn't look like any other pc.

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    The thing is, nothing oozes coolness to him more than an Alienware computer. An HP or Dell won't cut it.
    He is deep into gaming, and says he "needs" an Alienware.

I did some searching and the only issues I really saw was the "phase game", or the taking forever to get it.

I do plan on putting him to work on a gaming site to pay me back for this "investment". Bad enough they had to come out with a Xbox 360 Console Halo 3 Special Edition, just in time for Halo 3 to come out. This kid is going to owe me big time.
    Well the HP blackbird 002 is a Voodoo machine which some have argued is cooler than Alienware. (check the pictures in the link I posted it has Voodoo DNA plastered on the inside).

To be honest with you, Alienware hasn't come out with anything cool lately unless you are willing to spend 10,000 dollars for one of their cool media centers. Ever since Dell bought them the coolness factor went down hill and their cool products are all in the 5000+ range which in the opinion of Many is over priced.

The HP blackbird is way cooler than any current Alienware just tell him its a Voodoo PC. It's easy to upgrade as it does not require any screws etc, you can swap out and add more hard drives or CD drives with out messing with any cables. and it's liquid cooled.

But if he wants Alienware get him the Area 51 just know it will last 2 years before an upgrade is needed.

Show your son this site
    http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread