ABW Ambassador
    Easyclicktravel.com Should Be Removed from Linkshare
    Non-functioning affiliate links, no affiliate manager and a host of problems for months, it's evident that Linkshare hasn't monitored this program. Please remove them.

Background:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91895

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=91909

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=93353

I think they need an experienced in house AM as the OPM that they have on retainer does not care and the last AM left.
    Ma, where the beer? :escape:

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ske9963
    I think they need an experienced in house AM as the OPM that they have on retainer does not care and the last AM left.
    It's much more complicated than that ... we do care, the person charged with the in house responsibility cares, it's more of a corporate hurdle these days. The ECT program has been qued up for launch on SAS for months now, awaiting implementation and testing of the tracking pixel. Once that's tested, the SAS program is ready to fly.

I do feel your frustration though ... understand it's more complicated than what it seems.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    ...Once that's tested, the SAS program is ready to fly...
    That's good news. Please keep us posted.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    ECT hasn't paid affiliates since June bookings. Linkshare finally removed the premium merchant status. Hopefully Linkshare will terminate them soon. Consider your commissions lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    ECT hasn't paid affiliates since June bookings. Linkshare finally removed the premium merchant status. Hopefully Linkshare will terminate them soon. Consider your commissions lost.
    Commissions are not lost, the program is undergoing a major change and news will be announced soon.

Don't think this company is out for the count, there is life at the top of the food chain and we are not ready to count them out as of yet. We have maintained the faith in them and you should too ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Phil from ECT was viewing this thread immediately after I posted today which was an hour before Andy responded. There has been absolutely no communication from ECT in months and they have given affiliates no reason to expect payment. It has come to a point where, in my view, it is no longer appropriate for Andy to be speaking on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Phil from ECT was viewing this thread immediately after I posted today which was an hour before Andy responded. There has been absolutely no communication from ECT in months and they have given affiliates no reason to expect payment. It has come to a point where, in my view, it is no longer appropriate for Andy to be speaking on their behalf.
    Snow,

Trust me when I tell you that this company is not out of the woods ...

I am in communication with Phil and others in the chain of command and I assure you, this company is commited and is not turning tail. The affiliates are getting paid, tracking issues have been corrected and all is being turned in the right direction.

Have faith ....

I had the pleasure of partaking in a conversation with Phil and Andy and it definitely sounds and looks like management is determined to turn the program around and to do it correctly. I also don't think that any existing commission indebtedness will go unpaid. Moving forward I believe that the SaS program will be the one to join.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    Snowman-

We are in the process of rebuilding our affiliate program. Sales data was not lost, and all affiliates will be paid. This is an ongoing process that I am working daily toward straightening out.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact me directly and I will do my best to answer them. Here's my info:

p: (407) 667-8700 x7240
    e: phils/@/travelholdings.com
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; November 16th, 2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: unlinked email addy to prevent spam bots.

Snowman, and others,

My name is Bryon Sheffield and I am the new Director & General Manager of B2C eCommerce for Travel Holdings, the company responsible for the Easy Click Travel and Last Minute Travel brands. While my responsibilities do not afford me the time to read and reply to all of the valuable criticisms/questions/concerns here on ABW, I would like to make myself available given the gravity of the situation with ECT. Also, because Phil is a phenomenally talented guy and I have the utmost confidence in his ability to reorganize and execute our affiliate program...I consider it only fair to see that he and Andy do not take all of the heat here.

There have been considerable changes at Travel Holdings concerning the B2C group. I was brought onboard to provide leadership to the business unit and resolve a variety of issues, including the affiliate program. I've built a team of talented, committed professionals who are focused on making this a success. We cannot answer for past mistakes, but we can identify, attack and resolve them. Regardless of how things were handled prior to our arrival, our current commitment is to understand the top concerns with our program by reaching out for affiliate feedback. Based on that feedback and our own analysis, we will relaunch with a clear and consistent focus on communication and performance.

So that it is clear: If we owe you money, you will be paid. Phil and I have resolved the technical issues which have plagued this program for months. Once we have reconciled the confirmed, commissionable sales with LinkShare's records I will pay the invoice.

If anyone would like to discuss the situation further, I can be reached at the contact information below. Certainly, you are welcome to contact me by PM here, but I cannot guarantee that I will be able to retrieve and respond as quickly.

P: (407) 667-8700 x7328
    E: bryons/@/travelholdings.com

Thanks,
    Bryon

Please make sure to let us know when you re-launch with SAS.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Please make sure to let us know when you re-launch with SAS.
    Since, you've posted this twice now, I just can't let it go without a response.

Would you promote a merchant on another network while they still owe affiliates for outstanding commissions?

Do you see any credibility issues with a network who knowingly allows in a new merchant who hasn't met their obligations to affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by BSheffield
    So that it is clear: If we owe you money, you will be paid.
    I don't think he would write that if it weren't going to happen.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I don't think he would write that if it weren't going to happen.
    You are correct, Haiko. I wouldn't write that if I didn't plan to make it happen.

Snowman, in evaluating this situation I have attempted to put myself in your shoes (or the collective shoes of those affiliates to whom we owe commissions). If I was in those shoes I agree that I would be perturbed, if not downright angry, about the entire situation. From a professional perspective, if someone owes me (or my organization) a debt, I expect that debt to be paid.

In my position I am tasked with executing an appropriate level of due diligence, especially as it relates to money going out the door. To that end, Phil and I have evaluated every transaction over the last 6 months and communicated the confirmed, commissionable sales to LinkShare. LinkShare confirmed that those transactions were uploaded into their system, which leaves me waiting for an updated invoice. I will pay it when I receive it.

To reiterate: If we owe you money, you will be paid.

Also, since we have not officially launched a program with SAS or any other network (and won't until the LS commission issue is resolved), I think it is unfair to call into question the credibility of those networks.

I will not disengage from the public scrutiny here and will make time in my schedule to respond as often as possible until this situation is resolved; however, my direct contact information is readily available in my earlier post for anyone who would like to discuss the situation privately.

- Bryon

ABW Ambassador
    "My name is Bryon Sheffield and I am the new Director & General Manager of B2C eCommerce for Travel Holdings, the company responsible for the Easy Click Travel and Last Minute Travel brands."

One of them was discontinued from LS, was just going thru them and:
    {*}LastMinuteTravel.com 17-MAR-

ABW Ambassador
    Easyclicktravel.com was discontinued on March 4th.

From what I understand all outstanding and/or owed commissions were paid in full as promised, it's a shame they couldn't work things out with the aff program.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread