View Poll Results: Will the Federal Reserve cut interest rates on Tuesday?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

12 85.71%
  • no

2 14.29%
  • I don't know

0 0%
    Will the Fed Cut Interest Rates on Tuesday?
    Do you think the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates on Tuesday?

Here are 2 very interesting articles:

Federal Reserve to decide about interest rates from PRAVDA.Ru

US Federal Reserve to cut key interest rate Tuesday; Greenspan expects steep fall in US house prices from Finfacts.com
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Pick all the sound bites you want from Urber Liberal Greenspan, and wifee-poo Andrea Mitchell, it still comes down to the fact his own mismanaged Federal Reserve policies engineered financially devestating Bubbles throughout his reign. Histroy will label him Mr Bubble Boy only muzzled by contrarian Presidents strong enough to counter his own special interest bias/adjenda.

Rightfully house prises will fall 10+ % gutting the home flippers, Loans sharks and those greedmonger who hid risk to create the Realestate bubble. Only Bushes tax cuts saved the day for the overall economy, which only survives by enabling small business employers.

Combine the bursting housing bubble worldwide, with oil prices/supplies controlled by America hating regimes, costs of the Global Warming alarmist Wanks, Socialized medicine tax increases, and the cost of purchasing votes from both sides in the 2008 Election... with the one cost not going away anytime soon.. fighting destruction costs of worldwide of Islamic Jehad and the survival game gets interesting.

You see when your very survival becomes the #1 issue all your political bents get thrown out the window. Everyone becomes a die hard God Fearing conservative when forced into a foxhole with life threatening bombs going off all around you. Absolutely NOBODY wanted to keep Jimmy Carter in office, or replace him with a Walter Modale type wennie or the biggest Wartime bone head Prez Harry Truman or War Monger LBJ.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    If the Fed does not want a complete meltdown it will unfortunately have to act to hold down interest rates so that fewer adjustable rate mortagages will be adjusted upward.

We have watched this mess for a year now and really miss timed an overall market correct. Lost quite a bit playing the market short.

But the overall numbers are just mind boggling. Not sure whether there is an easy fix though.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

.25 tomorrow and .25 next meeting

Just an opinion
    Cutting interest rates may not be the best thing to do right now, but the state of economy needs a jumpstart. The mortgage crisis is just the tip and now its's time to redistribute the wealth, prevent foreclosures with buyouts, and create capital for development. In other words the Rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I hope your on the rich side.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    They just announced a half point cut

Quote Originally Posted by andbeyond
    They just announced a half point cut
    Interesting, I was betting on a quarter point cut.

The next 2 fears we can look forward to are:
    • Inflation
    • Will the Dollar standard at the Fed be replaced by a Euro standard? -- Scary for Americans to contemplate.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Recently toured Turkey and Greece. I can tell you from conversations there that the Euro is not extremely stable and that participating countries might still opt out. There is not enough size to their economy and they place ever increasing restrictions on potential large new members like Turkey. Not a good overall pillar of stability.

The United States and the dollar may have issues but not like the rest of the world.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Interesting, I was betting on a quarter point cut.

The next 2 fears we can look forward to are:
    • Inflation
    • Will the Dollar standard at the Fed be replaced by a Euro standard? -- Scary for Americans to contemplate.
    Very interesting Rhia7, it's the whole reason the Fed kept rates stagnant for so long. But I think the real estate / mortgage crisis is strongly influencing the situation. the reason the economy has been growing is people feeling they have a 'nest egg' to fall back on. As the bubble bursts many of those will lose confidence and slow the buying that has fueled the economy. When that happens the risk of recession out weighs the risk of inflation.

the dollar has been and will continue to be the standard, many have mused about the Euro taking it's place. The problem is the euro is not backed the way the dollar is. Would you trust the United States of Europe to stand together on economic policy to shore up the Euro in face of some economic calamity more than you would trust the USA?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Would you trust the United States of Europe to stand together on economic policy to shore up the Euro in face of some economic calamity more than you would trust the USA?
    Yes.

I would look to an Asian currency to take primacy before the Euro. Though the Pound is by far the strongest currency at present.

They should raise the rates. Pop the bubble on purpose and rip the bandage off quickly I say. Falling interest rates would have much the same impact as falling prices on home buying. Anyone with a floating rate mortgage gets screwed in the short term, but they'll get it back when the rates stabilize and they refinance. Buy now pay later Reaganomics are a defunct and decades old theory largely responsible for our country's last recession. Helping people borrow more money only digs us a deeper whole.

Dollar Parity
    Also interestingly, the Canadian and US Dollar should hit parity any day now.

As of today:

1.00 CAD = 0.986399 USD

This has never happened in my lifetime. There should be some new opportunities, especially savvy people (both consumers and US retailers) taking advantage of price disconnects.

I expect to see a growing surge of canucks storming over the border to buy large items like cars and houses. Most Canadians (80%) live within driving distance of the border.

Anyone here planning to capitalize on this trend? Any bets on the Canadian dollar exceeding the USD by the end of the year?

Geofferson
    [B]geofferson marcy[/B]
    [I]affiliate manager[/I]
    [URL=http://www.advaliant.com]www.advaliant.com[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.dna11.com]www.dna11.com[/URL]

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2...et-charts.html

The "mortgage your house to pay for SUV's wide screens and new home computers" party is well and truly over.

As MC Hammer would say, "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, here comes the recession...."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    " here comes the recession...."
    How deep do you think it will be?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by geoffmarcy
    Also interestingly, the Canadian and US Dollar should hit parity any day now.

As of today:

1.00 CAD = 0.986399 USD
    An interesting observation, the devaluation of the USD vs. world currencies.

Is this a sign of a failing nation or a sign of a growing world economy? I'm trying to keep from turning into a political debate as I know those are not allowed here. But I am not opposed to allowing the dollar to drift down to allow a developed nation to regain competitiveness in a world economy that is being dominated by lesser developed nations. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway get a shiver when they heard Mattel apologized to China for the recent toy recall... this is a sign of a much larger ailment.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread