More mumbling, grumbling about Popshops search??
    Hi, I'm trying to get "NFL helmets" out of the SAS merchant teamMascot.

I know from looking at their raw datafeed that they have a field (Custom2) which lists College, MLB, NHL, NFL, and maybe some more.

But NOTHING shows in Popshops for them if I search for "NFL." Nothing shows up for "NFL helmets." If I search "helmets," I get about 800 items from teamMascot that are both college and NFL helmets.

So, I select ONLY NFL helmets and put them into a shop. When I set the "preference" to create multiple pages, NUMEROUS items that show up beyond my hand-picked NFL helmets on the first page are -- College helmets.

I'm trying to do this for a page on a site which I'm calling "NFL Helmets." Obviously, having college helmets in the mix won't do it.

Any suggestions?

I really like your features, especially the ability to create multiple pages with the "preference" setting. But I've never been able to get it to work consistently with any shop I've set up when it gets 2 or 3 pages in.
    Generate more fake news.

Hi Gary,
    I don't know what to suggest, this has me stumped. We search only titles right now, the custom fields are often extremely spammy with words unrelated that dilute the search results. We are working on a few features that will make this better and allow a merchant to add categories or even allow me to do some mapping.

the only way you could do that is to search team by team, I guess, and then you would have an autofeed that would have other stuff with that team (but not necessarily helmets). Not a great solution, but all we have at the moment.

Sorry I can't help, if I think of something, I'll let you know.

JessieJ

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Hi Gary,
    I don't know what to suggest, this has me stumped. We search only titles right now, the custom fields are often extremely spammy with words unrelated that dilute the search results. We are working on a few features that will make this better and allow a merchant to add categories or even allow me to do some mapping.

the only way you could do that is to search team by team, I guess, and then you would have an autofeed that would have other stuff with that team (but not necessarily helmets). Not a great solution, but all we have at the moment.

Sorry I can't help, if I think of something, I'll let you know.

JessieJ
    Thanks, Jessie. It probably would be helpful to have some sort of category search, though I know from using several datafeeds that merchants tend to have categories which are 1)worthless, or, 2)absent.

Keep up the good work, and I appreciate your response!
    Generate more fake news.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Hi Gary,

I tried a couple of variant options. Although none snag you the all the nfl helmets at once I do have a suggestion.

First, using advanced search settings search by the individual team (for instance seattle seahawks helmets) but without the keyword "youth".

Second, Place one helmet from each team in your shop.

Third, Select autofeed. You should only get helmets from those teams with no youth or college team.

I know it is manual but we are definitely working on improving the search to include such things as categories.

Also you can use the above tactic to create individual shops for each team than use those shops to power a categories on your site. Just an idea.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread