I just sent a feedback to Overture. I'll probably be banned now. They'll kick me off and keep my minimum of 50 bucks that I deposited.

Apparently my site isn't good enough. It seems I have links to other sites on it. I asked for clarification on what they mean. I said their "link" to a list of requirements that may or may not apply to me in part or in whole didn't tell me a whole lot. They also cited another problem as "links to" I asked them for a detailed narrative on why they don't allow links to barenecessities.

I'm starting to think I threw 50 bucks down the toilet. Oh, and for those of you interested, is already taken. I tried to get it.

see ya

At the Amazon Associates conference last Friday Overture gave a presentation and were loudly criticized by many people because of their policies towards affiliate links.

Their response was that having an affiliate link on a page shouldn't stop it being accepted as long as the page met their other criteria for relevence and original content.

I recently put up a Debt Consolidation site and had 5 sub-sites each optimized to a different set of keywords, each had original content and each had outbound links to two affiliate programs, I submitted all 5 to overture and 3 were accepted, no idea why the other two weren't.

If you want to PM me your URL and the keywords you submitted it under I will be happy to tak a look and make some suggestions.

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread