Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Pick the Location for Affiliate Summit 2008 East
    Hey everyone,

We are getting started on plans for Affiliate Summit 2008 East, which will take place somewhere on the East Coast in the U.S. next summer. (July/August).

This is where you come in. Tell us where you’d like this Affiliate Summit to take place, so we can start working our the details.

Vote for your preferred city here.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Take care,

Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Buffalo????

Wouldn't that just be Herb?? LOL

or...

Buffalo????

Aren't they still on dialup??

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Buffalo????

Aren't they still on dialup??
    You never seem to amaze me...
    lol

Orlando. I think those who attended enjoyed DisneyWorld too

Or New Orleans is a great place too..
    I am sure that UncleScooter will have a crawfish boil

(doubt I will be going if it is not in O-town

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe

(doubt I will be going if it is not in O-town
    So we should have a reverse poll too? Where everyone *won't* go OR "I won't go unless it's "xxx".

I won't go to Buffalo
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I'm kind of partial to Miami myself .....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I picked Canada, but should have picked Boston... Too many cities to choose from! I would say NOT DC though.. too close to home!

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    DC is an awesome place. Went there for 1 week and boy, all the museums are FREE. There are lots of memorials there and they are usually free too.
    World class museums. And they say that nothing is in life is free. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe
    DC is an awesome place. Went there for 1 week and boy, all the museums are FREE. There are lots of memorials there and they are usually free too.
    World class museums. And they say that nothing is in life is free. lol
    Yeah, true. The mall area is relatively safe during the day, but DC, otherwise, sucks. It holds the proud title of "Murder Capital of the World." Georgetown is nice, but the CITY of DC is not some place I would want to be, especially at night ( Sorry, Adam, I know you will hate me for posting this...).

HOWEVER Adam ( and Shawn since he used to live around here) may know of someplace in DC other than the Georgetown area that is safe ( even at night )... I just know around here, no one goes into the City of DC after dark, haha!

I voted for Chicago, (Brian could take everyone to a Cubbies Game!) although any place in the upper Midwest would be better than the hot and steamy south that time of the year.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Union Tpike
    Fresh Meadows, NY

Boston is interesting with unique shopping, safer than many large cities, very historic, and should be comfortable in the summer.

Plus, "Mrs. Beachy" wants to go.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Yeah, true. The mall area is relatively safe during the day, but DC, otherwise, sucks. It holds the proud title of "Murder Capital of the World." Georgetown is nice, but the CITY of DC is not some place I would want to be, especially at night ( Sorry, Adam, I know you will hate me for posting this...).

HOWEVER Adam ( and Shawn since he used to live around here) may know of someplace in DC other than the Georgetown area that is safe ( even at night )... I just know around here, no one goes into the City of DC after dark, haha!

DC is flawless, if you want murder, just head 40 minutes north to Baltimore and you're sure to get jumped....DC is a very safe and secure city. Hehehe sorry about ripping on Charm City Kim and everyone.

A perfect hotel would be the Hilton in Dupont Circle,,,,it has more than enough rooms to host everyone at the conference and then some....it is in an extremely safe neighborhood where i walk around and fel safe literally all hours, noon, 1am, 4am, etc....There is also a large marriott by there, a ritz with reasonable prices, fabulous botique and themed hotels like my personal favorite topaz.

Dupont circle also has great restaraunts and shopping, is close enough to walk to some museums, you can jump the metro or a quick ride to the monuments at the mall and the smithsonian,,,,you can metro to the spy museum and china town....etc....

Also, for the big party (buy.at will hopeuflly do it again) there is Glo which has a VIP floor overlooking the main floor with world famous DJs like Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk,,,,,there is also a brand new warehouse club called town opening up shortly to replace nation (isn't in the best neighborhood though), and as Eric had said, we have I believe over 100 museums with more famous artwork, statues, gemstones (the hope diamond included) and the best is they are all free. There are also a ton of other large nice clubs you can rent spaces out of gay and straight....

We also boast a great collection of historical museums including the holocaust, american war museums, the muppets are here (unless they went on tour again) and more....

DC is also very cheap to get to as we have three major airports, BWI, DCA and IAD....We have a major train station, and other ways to get here including by boat into any of the waterfronts, ports and harbors.

DC is a very good place to have it, however it could be fun to do NYC or Boston again for a conference or Atlanta could be hot too.

I'm also happy to have a bunch of ABWer's over for drinks one evening to hangout here in Petagon City....my apt overlooks the pentagon, the washington monument, the lincoln memorial, capital building, jefferson memorial and more.

DC is a good option =0).

BTW we are a hidden .com city too including, sit4less, brainbench, buysafe, go wholesale, liquidation.com, and more....
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

I want to go to DC.. How better to see it, than to be able to write it off as a tax deduction

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    DC is flawless....
    ok ok ok! ) hehe ;0)

If everyone comes here we can do a cookout at my house too! :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    ok ok ok! ) hehe ;0)

If everyone comes here we can do a cookout at my house too! :0)

Dude,,,,your house is outside the beltway!!!!

Liquidate huddles in a corner scared and shaking about the thought of leaving the beltway heheheh ;-)

Hey give me a call real fast if your still up,,,have a question for you and I don't want to wake up your family if they went to bed.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Its ok Adam, call my cell now if you still have the number
    Oh, and I am not a dude, seriously....

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidate
    A perfect hotel would be the Hilton in Dupont Circle,,,,it has more than enough rooms to host everyone at the conference and then some....
    Unforutnately, this hotel, like most others, doesn't come close to having the space we need for an exhibit hall, breakout sessions, general session, etc.

Their biggest meeting room has a maximum capacity of 300. We need something no less than 4x that size.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

I'd love to vote for Rochester (by myself I'm sure), but I'm not sure anything here or in Buffalo can support that capacity and live up to the high bar set by previous Summits.

Either Boston or NYC would be great choices.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My top choices are Montreal, Boston and NYC, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    Unforutnately, this hotel, like most others, doesn't come close to having the space we need for an exhibit hall, breakout sessions, general session, etc.

Their biggest meeting room has a maximum capacity of 300. We need something no less than 4x that size.

That stinks,,,ohh well, it is more fun to travel anyways. =0)

ABW Ambassador
    New Orleans is a poor choice.
    Even Kellie will not go there.

Mr. Mackin

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I'd say Dallas.

That's east of Fort Worth, isn't it?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

NYC sounds like a great option. But if hotels there are 2.5+ more expensive than elsewhere, it may not work well for some people.

Toronto is kinda sweet (for an option). We'll more than likely get to see Chris Sanderson in person then.

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    I'd love to see it in Boston, but I'm intrigued by the possibility of having it in Canada (I didn't even consider that!).

My top choice in Canada would be Quebec City, then Montreal, then Toronto.

I would also go to Orlando again in a heartbeat, but it would be fun to travel to a different city.

Montreal would be amazing,,,but I'd imagine it would be expensive to get to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast