Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exclamation CJ Zappos Fees??????????
    What the heck is the $120 Zappos Fee I am seeing tail end added on to my account just before they cut the cheque, this time? I can't seem to find any explanation under the detail link. And yes I had the usual reversals on or around the 10th.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I just got hit with a $8.87 Zappos fee. Are they going to become the first company to ever charge their affiliates selling fees? What with their recent commission decrease, this totally s@cks!
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    What the heck is the $120 Zappos Fee I am seeing tail end added on to my account just before they cut the cheque, this time? I can't seem to find any explanation under the detail link. And yes I had the usual reversals on or around the 10th.
    I think they missed some of the reversals. In my case, they have charged me a fee of $624. They only reversed what occured during the first 10 days of the month. I have been expecting this. My guess is that something similar happened to you Abigail. I have been emailing them for weeks about other issues too, but they are not responding. I hope they get settled down soon. A new AM and aquisition of 6PM has things upset and upside down.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    I think they missed some of the reversals. In my case, they have charged me a fee of $624. They only reversed what occured during the first 10 days of the month. I have been expecting this. My guess is that something similar happened to you Abigail. I have been emailing them for weeks about other issues too, but they are not responding. I hope they get settled down soon. A new AM and aquisition of 6PM has things upset and upside down.
    And so be it BUT an explanation would have been appreciated. What a way to run a business ..........

ABW Ambassador
    I saw the about $700 of fees deducted from my account. I have never seen this in 5 years with Zappos. Also received an "affiliation terminated" email from 6pm.

yeah, we got a fee as well. Add that fee to your reversals and it probably works out to the same astronomical reversal rate as always.

>> 6pm

If you didn't see it, like airstrip said, 6pm got bought by zappos and stopped paying as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by sjangro
    yeah, we got a fee as well. Add that fee to your reversals and it probably works out to the same astronomical reversal rate as always.
    From my data, I think they actually double counted reversals from the Aug 1 to 10 period, ie they posted these as individual reversal transactions and included them again in this lump sum reversal. I'm basing my estimate on the relatiely stable reversal rate I've seen with zappos and the sharp jump this month. If I subtract out the reversal transactions from Aug 1 to 10, and just use the lump sum reversal, I'm back to my normal rate.

I'm guessing we'll see a make good to take care of this double count, but that's just a guess ..

ABW Ambassador
    i guess...

if they call it reversal, they can only take as far as your zappos commish.

if they call it fee, they can eat more than your zappos commissions.

har har har

Quote Originally Posted by droland
    From my data, I think they actually double counted reversals from the Aug 1 to 10 period, ie they posted these as individual reversal transactions and included them again in this lump sum reversal. I'm basing my estimate on the relatiely stable reversal rate I've seen with zappos and the sharp jump this month. If I subtract out the reversal transactions from Aug 1 to 10, and just use the lump sum reversal, I'm back to my normal rate.

I'm guessing we'll see a make good to take care of this double count, but that's just a guess ..
    My figures would suggest the same thing droland. I think they re-added the first 10 days too. I run at a very consistant 30% reversal rate. not adding up.

Same Here. 40% Returns. Used to have 30%-35%

I did not notice the fees till this morning;-( Was kind of hoping of course Zappos was
    giving us a one time special bonus of 21 NO reversal days.. would have been a very
    nice way to celebrate their takeover as well, and let their affiliates also have some fun..

So.. adding up the reported revs to remaining commish in performance for last month,
    then adding up the reported revs (for Aug. 1-10) to the fee....
    and dividing the latter by the first,

I come out at about 45% actual revs. (where usually we get a magically stable 33%, that
    is for long time, recently we HAVE been hit more often by absurd high rates like this 45,
    if its real and will stay that way.. So.. can still indeed hope they now double charged the
    Aug. 1-10 reported revs, which will make me come out at something "normal" and expected..

I assume this will make their EPC look much better than it should be (unless CJ takes
    care to take the "fees" into account!) (while it already has dropped dramatically over the
    last months FAR out of proportion with the commission reduction from 20 to 12%..)

yeah, looks like they double-reversed some.

If that's what happened, I'm sure they'll give it back.

I have just received an email from Zappos. They said that "will be issuing a bonus to make good on all earned commissions."

I was about to post the full email, but this stopped me.
    Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. This e-mail may contain proprietary or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Thank you.

They'll fix it, they always do.

I'm down $1,148.23 - boo hoo. Bang goes my new sofa.

My balance have been dropped, and Zappos fees were not included in this payment. Will be deducted from Sep earnings.

Man, if I had that many reversals with any merchant, I would drop him in an instant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    I have just received an email from Zappos. They said that "will be issuing a bonus to make good on all earned commissions."
    And so has anyone seen this bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail
    And so has anyone seen this bonus?
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    Not me.
    Me either. In fact, I still have 3 emails to Zappos that I am still waiting on answers to.. It has been several weeks since I sent them. I suppose by now, I should accept the fact that they are not going to respond. Wonder why they said to be sure to contact them if we had any questions in that last message about them making up the double charges?

What is this?
    Now there are charges showing up as bonuses under my transactions?

Help!!!

and.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    Now there are charges showing up as bonuses under my transactions?

Help!!!
    they have applied it to a website that had been deleted in my CJ account for years!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr.............

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yes. I've been hit with two bonuses (which are in fact debits) and I've had exactly one Zappos sale since I signed up with them and that was for two pair of shoes that my husband bought last month.

They've now reversed more money than I initially received as a commission.

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Yes. I've been hit with two bonuses (which are in fact debits) and I've had exactly one Zappos sale since I signed up with them and that was for two pair of shoes that my husband bought last month.

They've now reversed more money than I initially received as a commission.

WTF?
    What a bunch of crap !! Someone is making a monumental mess out of the Zappos affiliate program..... or should I say lack of.

2 debits, here, also showing up as "bonuses" - it looks like someone at CJ is just a little confuzzed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast