Thread: buy.at New Merchant Bidz.com!

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    buy.at New Merchant Bidz.com!
    Let the BIDDING BEGIN!

Hello Team,

Please join me in welcoming another stellar merchant program to the ever growing buy.at network….Bidz.com!

Bidz.com is the newest and hottest merchant to join the buy.at family of affiliate programs offering site visitors their famous $1.00, No Reserve LIVE Auctions, with over 10,000 pieces of unique Jewelry and their 100% money back guarantee, Bidz.com makes it easy for site users to come back again and again. Bidz.com offers its affiliate partners high conversions and a nice commission structure paying out up to 14% on all sales.

Join the fastest growing Auction site on the web today! Below I’ve outlined some important details about additional benefits and support Bidz.com affiliates will receive when they join Bidz.com!

Program Details:

Running on the buy.at US affiliate network
    30 Day Cookies
    10% Commissions on all sales and an extra 4% additional commission on sales exceeding $2,500.00
    $10.00 CAB’s (Cash Activation Bonuses)
    Custom Links and Banners
    Dedicated Program Management by Andy Rodriguez Consulting

Quick Tip:

If your are already a buy.at affiliate then you can join easily from your buy.at account by logging in and choosing programs. You’ll find the Bidz.com logo below. All you have to do is join and we’ll take care of the rest!

Bidz.com Over View of Product Lines:

Engagement Rings
    Necklaces
    Rings
    Bracelets
    Earrings
    Gentlemen's
    Baby Jewelry
    Watches
    Eyewear
    Fine Art
    Televisions
    Much, much more!

Brand Names

Rolex
    Cartier
    Bvlgari
    Corum
    Concord
    Gianni Versace
    Gucci
    Salavetti
    Baraka
    Charles Winston
    Dufonte
    Aquaswiss
    Boma
    LC Le Chateau
    Tonino Lamborghini

Our Commitment to you!

Our support doesn't stop with our program benefits; we are committed to provide ongoing communications and the latest creatives to our affiliate partners so they’re aware of developments and the newest updates, making their marketing efforts easier. Don’t lose this opportunity to start collecting commission checks today, JOIN Bidz.com now!
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    This is prime timing for those holiday sales coming up. Why shop full price when you can get all your holiday gifts right here, right now and an incredible savings?

That's the message your website visitors hould be reading when coming to your website ...

I know many of you have the right traffic for this merchant, let's set up some links and let us start sending you some nice commissions.

Malcolm, can we get some incentive funds released for a kick off promotion on Bidz.com?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep
    Smile
    Certainly mate :-)

Lets add in another incentive to get the Bidz.com program on the map with the good people of ABW :-))

How about -

The first affiliate to hit $2,500 in monthly sales gets an extra $250 bucks!!!!

Faster people get their links up the more chance they have :-) Not to mention the other promotion running of $20 bonus commission for the first 50 affiliates to sign up to the Bidz.com program on buy.at and make their first sale!!!

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    Certainly mate :-)

Lets add in another incentive to get the Bidz.com program on the map with the good people of ABW :-))

How about -

The first affiliate to hit $2,500 in monthly sales gets an extra $250 bucks!!!!

Faster people get their links up the more chance they have :-) Not to mention the other promotion running of $20 bonus commission for the first 50 affiliates to sign up to the Bidz.com program on buy.at and make their first sale!!!

Mal
    Cool Mate,

In addition, we will kick in some cash from our Holiday Dash For Cash to the first affiliate that generates 5 or more sales on the Bidz.com program as per the promotion here.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep
    WOW!! Thanks mate much appreciated I'm sure all the affiliates will feel the same.

Looks like Bidz.com just became the hottest new program to sign up to on the block!!!

If anyone needs any helps navigating the buy.at system once your signed up just give me or Andy a shout and we can help you through it. Theres plenty of banners and text links available to get your started but if anyone needs anything we have not got right now please let us know and we will try and get it for you.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Interesting merchant bidz.com. They have an affiliate program with Linkshare, and CJ, and Zanox, and now with buy.at?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Sam Bay

The CJ and Zanox programs are international ones for places like the UK and Germany.

The buy.at and Linkshare ones are for the US.

I tell you when this merchant will really rock when they get their new feed and we can then enable our affiliates to use our new ContentEngine technology which totally rocks!

If you need any help getting started with the program just drop me a line

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Do you realize that Bidz.com is using Zango to pop on affiliate sites (including mine)?

Seems like a real "quality" merchant. My opinion of Buy.at just dropped considerably.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Smile
    Hi Michael

Thanks for bringing this up - Kellie also sent myself and Andy a mail on this a few days ago.

We have a Zero tolerance policy on spyware.

After getting the notification from Kellie I have been trying to raise our contact at Bidz.com for comment.

I would prefer to speak with Bidz.com before suspending the program on the network but am quite prepared to do this if the responses are not satisfactory.

My stance has never changed and I would hope your opinion of buy.at has only dropped as you were unsure of this and hopefully this post makes our/my position clearer.

We like to run a clean ship at buy.at on both the affiliate and the merchant side.

In previous discussions with many merchants on this subject I mainly find that one part is doing something the other doesn’t know much about and therefore everyone thinks its fine and working well for them not realizing the damage they are having on their other online channels such as affiliates.

I'll keep you updated on the progress and whether the program will be suspended this week or not.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Thanks Mal! That shows real dedication and foresight when you're willing to terminate a merchant when you only have 3. My confidence is restored. I look forward to seeing how this is resolved.

Have you looked into how actions on other networks would impact Buy.at sales? I know I've seen Bidz.com in numerous CPA Networks (although I'm not sure if they still are). If actions in those other networks can impact the Buy.at tracking, that's not a good thing.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; September 25th, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Michael

No problems its who we are and we do business in that way.

The mission was always to be successful , help make the market a better place and remain nice guys.

I'm not sure whatyou mean on the CPa network side as we don't partner with anyone that then syndicates our offers to other affiliates as far as I'm aware.

That wouldnt be something I'd like to get involved with as its practically blind network style which isnt very controllable and is open to abuse.

If you see us anywhere let me know please

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

My bad. I typed Buy.at when I meant to type Bidz.com. It's Bidz.com that I've seen in CPA Networks, not Buy.at.

For your merchants who are in multiple networks, what are you doing to make sure that parasites in those other networks don't affect your tracking? I know that most merchants who are in multiple networks detect which network generated the last "click" and only generate a tracking pixel for that network. If a parasite in another network generates a "click" and a merchant is only showing one network pixel, parasites can effectively steal cross-network.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Michael

This type of problem doesnt have a technical fix that we have found at the moment although we do keep trying.

Education is the biggest tool we have internally that we can use and we have regular discussions with clients to educate them on bad practise.

Most of the time clients are totally in the dark about whats good and whats bad for them in the channel so we are responsible for putting that right where we can.

Externally the biggest weapon to combat things like this is you guys and girls. A merchant who sees their affiliates moving networks will ask questions and all of us have the answers.

Also savvy affiliates contacting their merchants with proof is also very powerful.

We have been through one market clean up before and the above actions by affiliates caused the rapid removal by networks and merchants of anything they really shouldn't have been working with.

It's not going to happen overnight but I'm well up for helping

Our compliance lab is busy now looking into this specific situation to document some things to talk through with the merchant so i'll keep you posted as to how this pans out.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

One possible technical solution: If they don't show your normal sale tracking pixel (because the sale came through another network), require them to show a special "non-Buy.at sale tracking pixel" (or an extra parameter in the normal sale tracking pixel) so you can at least identify and analyze the sales that would have credited to a Buy.at affiliate but that were credited to a different network.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; September 26th, 2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Typo
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Michael

I'm not much of a techie so ill put this in front of our guys in solutions and see what they make of it.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Michael

Hope your well

I Just wanted to give you an update on how things are going so far. I have managed to raise my contact at Bidz.com and our team internally also uncovered some detrimental activity being carrie out through a CPA network affiliate using Zango which we took a video of and passed on to talk through.

Bottom line is I am giving Bidz.com a few days to assess as much information as I can find them to help them make a good decision on this before moving to a suspension point.

We deal with a great guy over at Bidz.com and he gets it so we will see if we can turn this ship round for everyone.

If we cant we cant but I think its a good opportunity to educate and I'm willing to take it.

I'll be back in touch in a couple of days to let you know the outcome Michael.

-

Also had some feedback from the tech guys on your solution and apprently this is something we do with a couple of clients right now - I have asked for more information on this and whether it would work for all clients and if we should be offering it as the best practise solution going forwards.

Ill keep you posted on those chats as well

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Keep in mind that the Zango popup documented above wasn't through a CPA Network and wasn't an affiliate. It was Bidz themselves, utilizing Zango to pop on my site--an affiliate who promotes them.

I hope they can be educated and turned around, but I'm not very optimistic.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey

Just wanted to drop a quick note so you know I am still on this important issue even though I have been flying around everywhere else I have managed to have some conversations with the merchant.

I'm waiting on a key bit of information which I should have soon to help me in this mission. So far the feedback has been positive and there is already some understanding forming and a willingness to talk it through which is always a good start.

If we can convince one advertiser that robbing Peter to Pay Paul is not good business then it will be a good day.

I'll report back when further progress has been made.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Just to update this thread the merchant now has the infromation i needed to get to them and so a final decision will be made v soon either way.

Fingers crossed for this to work out well for the community.

Best

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey Everyone

Just to let you know that we will be closing up the Bidz.com program end of the month so please remove all of your buy at links for Bidz.com by this time

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Congrats on making the right (but tough, no doubt) decision.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Congrats on making the right (but tough, no doubt) decision.
    Buy.at is all about ethics and doing the right thing ...

23. Newsletter Signup