Overstock web service MIA
    Hi,

Does anyone here use the Overstock web service? I have been using a URL like:

http://affiliates.overstock.com/cgi-...KU=Y&UPC=XXXXX

and recently I've been getting 404's. Does anyone know what is going on? I've never gotten great support for it, they just sent me some word documents a couple of years ago and I've been on my own.

Did they quit supporting it, move it, or change the format? I've been e-mailing the overstock affiliate manager but haven't got a response.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Jim,
    I talked to the Overstock rep at LinkShare and Overstock is aware of the problem with the XML feeds picked up in their Affiliate Education Center. They are working to get it fixed asap. If you have more questions, you can email the Overstock.com team at affiliategroup @ overstock.com.

Ranae

I had no idea that there was an Affiliate Education Center for Overstock now. I googled it and it is located here:

http://www.overstock.com/aff_eduHome...ACK=FOOT_OI_L6

Thanks for the information.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see any reference to an Affiliate Education Center through the link you posted.

Yeah, it isn't marked, but the menus on the LHS (Affiliate Resources and General Information) are useful. The affiliate tools menu has some good info. (such as the xml api documentation)

http://www.overstock.com/aff_xmlinfo.html

Note the menus I mentioned above are animated popup menus when you mouse-over some of the links.

Hmmm, an overstock developer has placed this comment in the results of the affiliate API.

"Axe has been disabled until enhancements can be made!! We will re-enable as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience,
    overstock.com"

Yeah... Ok, could you be a little more professional? If you have an e-commerce site with an API that makes your company money, why would you EVER let it go down for even a few hours, let alone a few weeks?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread