How to tell which Merchants are performing?
    Hi Most of my marketing goes through linkshare and cj and its easy to see at a glance which merchants are doing well and which ones are not or which ones are new..

How do you do that with shareasale?

For example lets say I want to find a merchant for Socks

I go to View all merchants, then click on keyword Search and type in socks it comes back with a list

How can i organize them by the Highest Performiing?

Just sort by EPC. I think it should give you the best performance. Correct meif i am wrong.

http and a telephoto
    EPC is not the best indicator of the performance of a program. Some merchants with low EPC are high performers and some with high EPC are not.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I would assume that EPC is influenced by the actually price of the products being sold?

No?

EPC is not a good indicator of anything. There are some merchants still in SaS with a high EPC, and the last sale was 2 years ago. Point being, you have to look at everything.

I'd suggest clicking on find merchants, then click "View and Search Merchant List" and then click the "Top 100 PowerRank."

Always look for merchants that are on auto-deposit, and especially those who participate here or have an OPM here on Abestweb.

ABW Ambassador
    Also you have to consider that some merchants will convert for certain sites but not others - and the reverse.

Look particularly at the program's history if they've been "active" at SAS for a while -and the reversal rates.

Look for auto-deposit and...and to be honest I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this...look at the site.

Bad signs:

Huge toll-free number
    Giant "Call for discount" graphic
    Adsense
    Typos
    Password protected shopping cart
    etc

Good signs:

Clear path to checkout
    Compelling copy
    No banners, Adsense, etc
    Clean layout
    Nice product photos
    Intelligent (for example: large clear fonts for products targeted at seniors vs tiny fonts and DHTML menus)

Decide if the merchant will work for you.

It's not, or never should be anyway, entirely about what sells, but also about what you can sell to your traffic. If you can sell it, I guarantee your EPC and other metrics will be much better than the average, regardless of the program.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    It's not, or never should be anyway, entirely about what sells, but also about what you can sell to your traffic. If you can sell it, I guarantee your EPC and other metrics will be much better than the average, regardless of the program.
    Eathan gave good advice and I strongly agree with the above.
    I have done well with some merchants who did not seem to have a big EPC.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I like the Auto-Deposit merchants who are Exclusive to SAS.

Top 100 PowerRank is also a great place to start.

Don't use EPC as a really rigid metric, it's got limited use - search here at ABW for discussions on why.

There's magic in those published numbers at SAS - EPC, Reversal Rate, Avg Sale and Avg Comm... learn how those numbers relate to each other and it'll be more meaningful to your own goals, try not to use any single one of them by themselves - taken out of context, they can be misleading. Use them as signs of general health, not absolute indicators of what will come. And remember, these are averages - you're aiming to be above average, meaning if you plan something out well, there's a high chance you'll be above average in the things you do... the numbers don't predict your performance, they represent the average that you'll then become a part of, perhaps changing them yourself.

Also, realize that affiliates may not have found an effective way to promote some merchants yet. If you have an idea that's closely tied to a merchant or their products, you can do far better than average. I've had numerous merchants where their network-wide EPC was in the $0.05/click range, but where I have been able to promote effectively and earn far, far more than the network average.

I do really like PowerRank. It's been a good indicator of merchant quality for me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Another stat that I like to look at (not necessarily for performance reasons) is under the merchant details. It shows when the last commissionable transaction was made through an affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    EPC is not a good indicator of anything. There are some merchants still in SaS with a high EPC, and the last sale was 2 years ago. Point being, you have to look at everything.

I'd suggest clicking on find merchants, then click "View and Search Merchant List" and then click the "Top 100 PowerRank."

Always look for merchants that are on auto-deposit, and especially those who participate here or have an OPM here on Abestweb.
    Ah right the ones that are green great advice.. on the powerrank

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread