Hello,

If, in the linking section on CJ, a merchant has "Advanced Options" available in the pop-up window, does that mean that they definitely support direct linking to any location on their site (and I'd definitely get credit for products sold through the direct, custom link)?

I had contacted one merchant, and was told that they don't support direct product linking, yet when I go to the link generator, "Advanced Options" is there. So could the technical capability be there, but they don't pay out on those links?

I want to create some product links, but will wait to hear whether I'd actually be paid for my efforts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    ccording to Chris, a CJ client services rep., in a recent phone conversation, merchants are to pay for anything sold on their site. A sale is a sale. I had a similar question concerning a merchant that reversed a $200.00 dollar order for the reason "other". I promote their gift certificates. I lost $20.00 commission. I asked the same question, as I made the link to their gift certificate page using the advanced option. Iwas told by the CJ rep, and the merchant that I did nothing wrong.It was just a fraudulent order.

anyhoo, my 2 cents.

Big Chuck

Thanks B.C.!

"According to Chris, a CJ client services rep., in a recent phone conversation, merchants are to pay for anything sold on their site."

Why is this not exactly reassuring? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

OK, so we're _supposed_ to get credit. I'm sure plenty of others are already using such links, so it's probably okay (it was just that the merchant I had spoken with said there was no direct, custom linking option, yet the option is there in the tools).

Affiliate Network Rep
    bqmnlt,

The advertiser has the option to allow destination url changes by the publisher when they create a link. They are also given a warning:

quote:
    Allow link destination changes?
    Do not check this box if you require parameters other than the standard AID, PID, or SID to be passed into the destination url. Link destination changes can disrupt this transfer.

If you use this option and find that the CJ cookie is not set, the advertiser does not batch, and the advertiser does not have session length cookies, then the advertiser may have improperly set up this link. If you find this to be true, then please report it to client services.

David.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread