Managing Time
    Hello there,
    How long do you spend in additional research for your current online venture? How much time goes into your job compared to learning about it?
    Thanks, Kate

Although it is tempting to jump right into a new project, I usually force myself to research and then research some more and ALWAYS have a 'cooling-off' period to make sure it all makes sense.

In my earlier days I was guilty of starting a zillion projects, but now I persevere with ALL of them.

That's an awesome question! (Can you tell that I'm from "wicked" awesome New England?)

I'm still struggling to find the right balance between, in my case, writing content, working on site design, and doing other stuff like research, submitting articles and other SEO efforts (not to mention doing the dishes!). I'm curious to see if anyone has some more words of wisdom on this one!

For me I always learn about the product first. If I like it, and feel I might be able to run with it, I then do a lot of research to see how much competition is out there. If it's not too much, I do even more research for additional keywords, then check competition again. After I'm satisfied that it's not over saturated, I'll start building a website for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistUnderSiege
    I'm still struggling to find the right balance between, in my case, writing content, working on site design
    If you can find a CSS style/pattern or part of your page that can easily (and attractively) be reproduced on another page, that will save time in the long run and will give uniformity to the pages of your site.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistUnderSiege
    and doing other stuff like research, submitting articles and other SEO efforts (not to mention doing the dishes!). I'm curious to see if anyone has some more words of wisdom on this one!
    How about a blog? Fresh content written to a blog has the potential to improve ranking in search engines.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I hired some one

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    For me I always learn about the product first. If I like it, and feel I might be able to run with it, I then do a lot of research to see how much competition is out there. If it's not too much, I do even more research for additional keywords, then check competition again. After I'm satisfied that it's not over saturated, I'll start building a website for it.
    Great advice, I think that is the best way to approach it.

[QUOTE=Rhia7]If you can find a CSS style/pattern or part of your page that can easily (and attractively) be reproduced on another page, that will save time in the long run and will give uniformity to the pages of your site. [QUOTE=Rhia7]

Thanks for the idea. I actually do use a CSS template across a couple of my sites with minor variations) to save time. Unfortunately I'm fairly new at CSS and website design in general and the sites could use a facelift. That's more what I meant when I said "working on website design," trying to make my sites look more aesthetically pleasing. Once I reach some content goals, a better site design is next on the list.

I don't know your topics or what type of research you plan to do in order to write content but a great news portal is http://www.newsnow.co.uk/
    It automatically searches 29632 news sources every 5 minutes

You can find articles on just about any topic

There's a section devoted to online/Internet advertising:
    http://www.newsnow.co.uk/newsfeed/?n...ne+Advertising

Familiarize yourself with the side panel to navigate -- it's great

(Be warned: you can waste time there too reading all the latest gossip )
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I've found the most success with my affiliates that really love or use a product because it makes writing the content easier. It becomes a norm and not a task. Know your product, know your market, Promote your product, sell your product. SEO is ongoing and site design will have to take experimetation. "Crawl before you walk"

Great suggestions! There are great tools out there..I've found something that helps me narrow it down a bit and get perspective on things.
    Kate

I like the suggestion about the "cooling off period" before deciding to start yet another project. I suffer from this also. It's easy to get excited about new stuff over the redundancy of following-through on what you've already started. I go back and forth on this in my head all the time.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread