Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager kabronbingham's Avatar
    Anjani Square, Inc. or Redtagdeals.com
    Hi Affiliate Managers,

I have come across Anjani Square in my affiliate program. I noticed that they have been linking though our CJ and SAS programs. So they have been getting dual commission. To all affiliate managers running two programs watch out for this affiliate. You can see what I am talking about at http://www.redtagdeals.com/ifrogz.com-coupons. Watch the bottom of your browser it will show Share-A-Sale and then when you get to the page in the URL string you will see my Google Analytics tracker for CJ. Just thought I should let everyone know.

Kabron
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

W: 435.774.4568
    E: kabron at ifrogz.com

Gosh that sucks. The red tag deals guy is here, so I am sure he will respond, but beyond that, isn't there something in place to ensure commission only goes through one network?

I hate to say this but I am am thinking that already, some eyeballs that have seen this page, are fast at work setting up similar tactics .... eek!

If there is anything to stop this I am not aware of it. I am just glad that in a week and a half we are closing CJ so I won't have to worry about this.

Well that is good then, but I would recommend you WATCH your sales over the next week and a half, and if any site is getting double commissions, nix them all. Ok, I know you are a nice guy, so one network anyway, haha!

They tricked me. I think I will have to void both networks. Maybe they have been stealing your commissions as well. That's why you have had a big downward trend. I guess I can't be a nice guy from here on out.

OT: How do you like your cases?
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

They are great, THANK YOU.. but they forgot to put the clips in for both, I was going to write and beg for two clips so I can use them!! Thanks! I love the 'groovy' one ;0) but my purple one I like too!

Quote Originally Posted by kabronbingham
    They tricked me. I think I will have to void both networks. Maybe they have been stealing your commissions as well. That's why you have had a big downward trend. I guess I can't be a nice guy from here on out.
    You may be right about this too. SOMETHING happened that effected lots of sales for people, perhaps this was it. I am anxious to see if my sales shoot back up after you are solely with SAS.

I also hope RedTagDeals will respond on this thread because he has been trying to build a good reputation after a history of some, ummm, forums spam. This finding will not be good for him, but I think an explanation is in order to everyone here just the same.

Good. I am glad you are enjoying them. I think we stopped including them in our packages. I will have them sending you some, I hope it doesn't take a few months this time.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

No problem, I am using the pocket in my sweats until then :0)

Are you saying they are setting two cookies, one for each network, with one click? Not sure how that's possible, would like to know

But, reading your landing page URL, it seems your site recognize the click as coming from a CJ link, thus crediting the CJ account.

But, if you have a commission request showing up in both networks, for the same order ID, that would be the hard proof.

I do have a transaction from today with the same Order ID, this is how I caught them. I just thought it would be easier to show you guys the link. I don't know how they are doing it but it works, or it did before I set their commission rate to zero (Great Advice Mark Welch).
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

I have been checking some of there past transactions and they are getting credit in CJ and a different affiliate in SAS is getting the credit. I don't know what they are doing but I guess it works.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

deleted

Is there a possibility that someone is clicking ( for example) through my site and setting a SAS cookie, checking their site for other coupons ( GASP!) and setting a cookie there when a customer clicks through their link through CJ links, then both of us get paid on the sale?

I know of one SAS merchant who works with both networks who has to go back daily and compare sales and they actually split commissions between both sites when this happens.

If THIS is the case, then RedTag is NOT doing anything wrong and it should be cleared up right away, in their defense.

Also, if this turns out to be the case, I would hire someone to go back through every CJ and SAS transaction to account for how much you double paid commissions.... eek!

Ok. That makes sense. So the transactions that are different affiliates are valid. But he is on both programs getting commission on both programs.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

I have been checking some of there past transactions and they are getting credit in CJ and a different affiliate in SAS is getting the credit. I don't know what they are doing but I guess it works.
    This is entirely possible if you have your program on two networks. A customer could click on an affiliate link from one site participating in one network and then later end up clicking another affiliate's link from the program on the other network. Both affiliates end up getting credit if a sale is made in their respective networks unless the AM reverses one of them or has code implemented to avoid that situation.

I have had commissions reversed because supposedly an affiliate in the merchant's program on another network was also credited, so my sale was reversed. At least, that's what I was told. I can't imagine it's a frequent occurrence, but I suppose it does happen. Since then, I've tried to avoid programs that are on more than one network.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Ok. That makes sense. So the transactions that are different affiliates are valid. But he is on both programs getting commission on both programs.
    Like was mentioned above, if it is the SAME order ID and he is consistently getting paid on BOTH networks for the same sales, he is up to something.

If it is a hodgepodge of affiliates that are getting the same commissions on the same orders, then it is a user who probably went through your site through different affiliate links in the same cookie period.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I have had commissions reversed because supposedly an affiliate in the merchant's program on another network was also credited, so my sale was reversed. At least, that's what I was told. I can't imagine it's a frequent occurrence, but I suppose it does happen. Since then, I've tried to avoid programs that are on more than one network.
    I prefer merchants who do a 50/50 split. Half of the sale is better than nothing BUT still, one network is better. I am honestly looking forward to IFrogs being SAS exclusive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Like was mentioned above, if it is the SAME order ID and he is consistently getting paid on BOTH networks for the same sales, he is up to something.
    I can't think of a valid reason why you'd be in the same merchant's program on two different networks. So, I think that affiliate is probably up to something too.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

I prefer merchants who do a 50/50 split. Half of the sale is better than nothing BUT still, one network is better. I am honestly looking forward to IFrogs being SAS exclusive again.
    Me too, 50/50 would be ideal. Fortunately, the amount wasn't significant enough to spend time pursuing and it hasn't happened since.

I can't think of a valid reason why you'd be in the same merchant's program on two different networks. So, I think that affiliate is probably up to something too.
    Actually I have LOTS of Performics and CJ programs that overlap. Sometimes I even have links from both on my page, depends on who mails me links, but sometimes it is because I have a datafeed tool at one network and was already running them on another, so I sign up for the network I don't have and just add the datfeed part. I try to run stuff on Performics over CJ, though as a rule but I am not automatically setting any cookies ( I SWEAR , LOL ) so it is all good, lol!

Actually I have LOTS of Performics and CJ programs that overlap. Sometimes I even have links from both on my page, depends on who mails me links, but sometimes it is because I have a datafeed tool at one network and was already running them on another, so I sign up for the network I don't have and just add the datfeed part. I try to run stuff on Performics over CJ, though as a rule but I am not automatically setting any cookies ( I SWEAR , LOL ) so it is all good, lol!
    Ah! That'd be a valid reason.

It just occurred to me that some of my merchants have moved to SAS, which I've joined there, and I probably have some links from the old program still up. Another valid reason. Duh. Don't mind me. I'm a little slow today...

meadowmufn,

One of the valid reasons that any affiliate can be on any program on two different networks, and not be up to something fishy, it could easily be just for some of these reasons:

The merchant was only on CJ when the affiliate first joined that merchant, now that the merchant is also on SAS, that affiliate may join that same merchant on SAS too, because some of these other reasons:

That affiliate will be able to get that merchant datafeed for free on SAS from day one.

That affiliate may want to try that same merchant on SAS now, to see what's the big difference on their bottom line, between working with the same merchant on a network with parasites, vs a network without parasites.

Also, that affiliate may not want to drop that same merchant on the old network just yet, in case that by doing that, some sales may be lost if G. start sending visitors to those old links from the other network.

So as you can see, just because some of us are on the same merchant program on more than one network, that doesn't mean we're up to something fishy, maybe we indeed are up to something logical to see and compare, but not for something bad that eventually will be discovered later by anyone.
    Last edited by Mr. Sal; September 19th, 2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: To Un-quote Anne before she kill me. :-(

Why did you quote me? I said if he is getting commissions at BOTH networks for the SAME sales, then he is up to something. That is unrelated to your comment. Don't mean to sound rude, though. I am just sort of wired funny today. haha!

ABW Ambassador
    Kabron, do you know that setting an affiliate's commission to zero rather than terminating the affiliate is allowed by CJ and SAS?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast