View Poll Results: Your LinkShare Experience?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love them, always get paid

15 27.78%
  • Hate them, never have been paid

3 5.56%
  • Prefer CJ

22 40.74%
  • Dont use them

14 25.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How do you guys like dealing with linkshare? - Poll
    Is your experience better through cj and independant programs vs linkshare?

Here is a poll

In my opinion SAS is first, followed by Performics, then linkshare, then cj.... But I am sure everyone has a different opinion. I base my feedback on response time when I need help, all other factors aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    In my opinion SAS is first, followed by Performics, then linkshare, then cj.... But I am sure everyone has a different opinion. I base my feedback on response time when I need help, all other factors aside.
    Well Anne thats interesting.. Do you like SAS because of their stand on parasites? and performics what is it about them you like?

I based my feedback on response time, because the first time I loaded this, the poll did not show for me, so I didn't see what the poll was looking for.

I run lots of merchants and if I need help, what is important to me is I can talk to someone and get stuff resolved quickly. It is actually almost a tie between Performics and SAS , though. They are both amazing networks to work with ( for me). Linkshare is good too but I liked it better when Heidi and Steve were there, and I liked CJ better when Todd was there, so both of those have moved to last on my list. I don't like change. Maybe that is it, haha!

The poll seems to be missing a couple of choices...

...ShareASale
    ...Indies? (Your O/P mentions independent programs)
    ...etc???

In my case, I [believe] I have always gotten paid for the few sales I put through LinkShare merchants, but I definitely do not care for the network. So, I "could" choose number one, except that I do not "love" LinkShare.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I hate them, and haven't used them in ages. But your "never been paid" option is an overstatement.

"Hate them! Too hard to get paid--even when payments came they were usually late, while the Messers were there the whole company was a bunch of smug *sses who needed suing and fixed nothing, the new owners haven't done anything to convince me that anything's changed--payments are still reported to be molasses-like, etc." would begin to describe my opinion of LinkSnare. They can take a long walk off a short pier.

CJ is better than LinkShare. I never liked their interface.

ABW Ambassador
    To me, your poll is useless because I don't rate a network solely on how frequently they pay.

deleted. i was bad.

What is linkshare?

What is CJ?

Only four choices? (1. Love them, always get paid; 2. Hate them, never have been paid; 3. Prefer CJ; and 4. Don't use them)??

I clicked #4 because "I hate LinkShare " -- but LS did pay me when I worked with them (I think 2 or 3 tiny checks, total under $15; I didn't get paid for several test orders I placed with several LS merchants whose tracking didn't work properly).

But payment is not the real "issue" -- I pulled the plug on all my CJ merchants even though CJ paid me on time every month for 2+ years. To my knowledge, I have never had any payment defaults by any CJ or LS merchant (though I know others have very credibly complained of payment defaults).

As someone else noted, in addition to missing some good reasons, you've also missed the other "big players" here, especially ShareASale.com (whom I really, really like, though they aren't perfect by any means) but also Kowabunga (once great, now imploding in a death spiral), AvantLink and AffiliateFuture (haven't used them yet), Performics (don't like them).

Of course, there are many other "networks" that I don't currently work with (ClixGalore, ShareResults, ClickBank) and of course a bunch of CPA/lead-focused firms as well, which I don't use. While I've blacklisted a couple of these for spamming, I don't recall any other reasons to hate them.

I hate Commission Junction (CJ) almost (but not quite) as much as I hate LinkShare. Kowabunga has vaulted into my #3 "most hated" position, and Performics has nudged into #4.

To clarify: my principal objection to CJ and LS are their "policies" and the very bad advice they give their merchants, as well as the obscene way they manage programs that are entrusted to them by merchants who don't know any better. They also provide abysmal support for affiliates (they are really hostile to most affiliates, except for a few "super-affiliates" and of course parasites, who are welcomed or tolerated).

I suppose that someday soon, I should create a nice little grid identifying my preferred "best practices" (see the merchant best practices forum here, where Michael Coley and others have provided incredibly good lists), and flag the zillion areas where LS and CJ are contrary. It would save me a lot of time when answering emails and phone calls from merchants who want to know how I can help them with the new LS or CJ affiliate program they are launching (I won't even talk with merchants while they are under exclusive contract with either firm).

Someone wrote:
    > What is Linkshare? <

and someone else wrote:
    > What is CJ? <

I hope these were intended as sarcastic comments, since you can find the answer by doing "the most logical thing" and sandwiching either term between "www." and ".com"

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Someone wrote:
    > What is Linkshare? <

and someone else wrote:
    > What is CJ? <

I hope these were intended as sarcastic comments...
    Must be - look at who the posters are. We all know "they" know what's going on.

I'm about ready to join the "What is CJ?" ranks myself.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

No cj + no linkshare = sleep at night

I use linkshare mainly for one affiliate.

#3 because the reporting is better. When you are watching your bottomline performance, a huge delay in reporting is the pits.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    I hate trying to find offers on linkshare. You have to search through categories and lots of the offers are miscategorized.

My main beef with Linkshare is that sometimes they think they mailed a check when they didn't. OK, I know the USPS can occasionally lose a piece of mail. But not 5, 6, 7 times from the same place to the same person.

My subjective beef with them is that retrieving product links is pure tedium.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz
    CJ is better than LinkShare. I never liked their interface.
    Yes, Their LinkShare Interface is very poor when it comes to payment and Balance & Performics is not much better. CJ & SAS are great when it comes to knowing amount Balance & Payments.

However LinkShare is the best when it comes to the interface of getting Links/Banners.

I hope these were intended as sarcastic comments
    LOL, some people are just not as tuned into sarcasm as others

I chose "I don't use them" - I used to once upon a time but fell out with them when I didn't get paid. That was probably in 2002.

My favs are Shareasale and AffiliateWindow. AffiliateWindow for their awesome datafeeds, Shareasale for their choice of smaller niche merchants (but their interface sucks cheese!) plus their selection of great aff managers. Was using Affiliate Future (UK) 5 minutes ago - it sucks for reporting.

Linkshare sucks....the reporting is terrible, it takes forever to get paid, good merchants are leaving them for cj, the 'create links' thing sucks, etc.

Not that I particulary like dealing with CJ but I think they are miles better than Linkshare. I've yet to try Shareasale because I just haven't found any attractive merchants there, but I will eventually.

Don't even get me started on Performics..

Quote Originally Posted by lulav
    Linkshare sucks....the reporting is terrible, it takes forever to get paid, good merchants are leaving them for cj, the 'create links' thing sucks, etc.

Not that I particulary like dealing with CJ but I think they are miles better than Linkshare. I've yet to try Shareasale because I just haven't found any attractive merchants there, but I will eventually.

Don't even get me started on Performics..
    I agree i have not liked linkshare or their setup, cj is very easy to follow

Shareasale im yet to figure out there system, im signed up but cant make head or tail or it.. when i phoned support I didnt find them very pleasant either.. but maybe they were having an off day

Performics i havent used

Netshops i have only heard about.. not sure if they are good, reliable and trustworthy

Anyone care to add to this?

I see linkshare has changed their dashboard now

I still find it quite confusing in there

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Cj does has a quite good response time, at least to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast