ABW Ambassador
    Orbitz Reinstated Ebates
    After being terminated from Orbitz 3 or 4 years ago for overwriting natural search traffic, Ebates is now back in Orbitz. This is especially telling since the Orbitz affiliate manager attended Andy's affiliate manager training in July.

Donuts, before calling me a hypocrite for posting this here based on my post on the David's Cookies thread yesterday, you should know that the Orbitz affiliate manager does not respond to my emails or phone calls as I noted at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94423

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    how about two-faced then, can i use that? actually, i'm kidding snowman, i don't think you're a hypocrite but thanks for trying to put words in my mouth. i think we just differ a tad, you see private communications as a better approach to this subject, i don't. you could be right, i don't argue that vociferously with you. but, know that i tried the private route for a long time and got absolutely no where with it, that's all. i see power in numbers - our numbers. i do wish you good luck and success with every attempt to educate and influence that you may make, whether public or pirvate. happy to see a fellow affiliate doing something about it.

ABW Ambassador
    I actually haven't communicated directly with an AM about this in a few years because I haven't seen any documented cases in a while of overwriting affiliate links. It seems to me that strictly from a financial perspective, it's the merchants who are directly being harmed. I posted about Orbitz because this was different to me in that Orbitz reinstated Ebates when there are still documented cases of Ebates overwriting natural search traffic and that was the reason that Orbitz originally terminated them. That and the fact that the Orbitz affiliate manager, who is not new, just recently attended Andy's affiliate manager training.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    eBates does affect affiliates, those return days are of great value to us - check your stats to see how much that's the case for your own biz model.

Their platform's relative inability to know about / record / track earlier aff referrals, and the (mainly) unspoken lie of afsrc=1, is that your return days are fair game.

So I'm not just posting about a merchant's errant judgment and its self-inflicted pain, eBates robs legitimate return days from ethical affiliates.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread