Noob alert some questions.
    Hi all i have been a member here for a while and done a lot of reading on these forums.

I just recently started a deals and coupons social bookmarking type site ( i say that loosely). Now i am making some small sales through it but want to ramp it up.

Heres some questions i have.

Do you work with one network like SAS, Linkshare and CJ? Or do you use all as many as you can as more networks more deals etc you can post?

Do you post all Coupons available.

Posting deals do you go to the merchants themselves find deals and then post on your site using things like LS and SAS individual product link creator, or wait for merchant to email you a discount product info.

Any help is appreciated on this.

Cheers

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Hi,

Congrats on the launch of your new site!

You can get coupon codes many ways - from merchant's sites (with their permission to use them, of course), contacting the AM directly, checking areas of network interfaces (like SAS's Deals Database), from newsletters, forum posts, etc.

One cardinal rule: Don't use coupon codes made exclusively for the use of other coupon sites. Usually, the code itself is a dead giveaway as it will be personalized to include the site's name, etc.

When in doubt, contact your affiliate manager. They will be able to point you in the right direction and get you what you need.

Best of luck!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

No i know not to use other merchants coupon codes from reading here.

Does signing up for the actual merchants deals newsletter help hence they more than likely include a lot of deals and offers in there newsletters to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by KPR
    Do you work with one network like SAS, Linkshare and CJ? Or do you use all as many as you can as more networks more deals etc you can post?
    I work with as many as I can. I'm signed up with the above plus Performics but I mainly use SAS, Linkshare and CJ

Do you post all Coupons available.
    No. I just recently started to post "coupon notices" because now it looks like the "in thing" to do. My sites are not a series of coupons. I post lots and lots of picture product links to my sites and I [often or at least it's my goal to] write original descriptions where applicable.
    Now if there's a "coupon promotion" going on I'll post that near the product links.

Posting deals do you go to the merchants themselves find deals and then post on your site using things like LS and SAS individual product link creator, or wait for merchant to email you a discount product info.
    I like to go to the merchants themselves to find deals.
    Sometimes I'll use what was e-mailed to me.

Any help is appreciated on this.
    You got it
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    It couldn't hurt to sign up for the merchant newsletter.

You'll want to have good relationships with your affiliate managers to make sure you are able to use those codes, though, plus you'll want to know when they expire, any "fine print" that may be associated, etc. They may have exclusive codes for affiliate use as well.

It all boils down to communication - if they have info you want, ask for it. If they care about their program, they will make sure to get you what you need.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

You'll drive your self crazy trying to have them all. SAS, Performics, Linkshare and CJ are all great sources. But, if you have a niche you are trying to fill - inquire with merchants you like about their inhouse programs. Or, find them here.

You will find that you will perform well with a few programs. Keep them updated.
    Analyze your traffic. And, have a list of secondary merchants that don't get a lot of traffic on your site - and post coupons to those after you have taken care of the ones that are making you $$$.

Cheers!

Gina

Great advice. I was going crazy trying to get them all. I have found 4-5 merchants that convert so i am concentrating on them and just adding more as i go daily.

This is the site here http://www.crazedeals.com/

Still waiting on overstock.com to approve me should i contact them.

Great site KPR!

Best of luck.

How long has it been since you applied to overstock?

About 2 weeks.

Thanks im sure you are just being kind

Hmmm, I can't remember how long it took to get their approval. But, once a month I go through all the programs that have not responded or declined me. I reapply to most of them again and pick a few to talk to directly.

This month, I finally got a Performics merchants after a year of trying. Some here frown on putting so much effort in to it with a "if you don't hear from them, get over it and move on" attitude. But, face it Fortune 100 - 500 merchants have millions of people looking for deals for their sites. So, if you are a deal/coupon site you just gotta get them one way or another.

Oh, and make sure that you checked both boxes "apply" and "agree" on the Linkshare application. I missed a few when I did bulk applications. As soon as reapplied with the checks - I was approved. Also, the traffic estimates that you put in your Linkshare profile may be holding approvals back.

Best of Luck to you!

Gina

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread