Online Marketing Consultant
    A night to remember why ABW Rocks
    So last night we had the pleasure of having Patrick (who hijacked my screenname and posted on here) visit Anne and I here in DC. Anyways, we couldn't decide where to eat so we chose delivery and conversation at my place instead of going out.

One thing we all forgot about is how fast wine hits you and that somehow if you have a phone, the party grows. Anyways, while we were eating somehow Deb and Rexanne both ended up on my cell phone and joined the party via speakerphone for about an hour or an hour and a half.....needless to say, it turned from a quiet evening into a fun mini party which also got me thinking about a thread I read about another AM saying he was warned not to participate in these forums. I think that is horrible advice.

When you've had a stressfull week and really just need some people you can relate with, kickback and laugh for multiple hours with, as well as have an intelligent brainstorming and gossip session; ABW provides that environment for you on and offline.

Last night was some of the most fun I have had in a long time and today I feel completely relaxed and am ready to kick some butt at work. It is because of my participation at ABW that I am able to know such fabulous people like Patrick, Anne, Loxly, Snib and Rexanne. I think we may have also called Snib up at some point who is just as fun and extremely bright, but then again I might have thought we just called him and we may not have lol. I think it was when we were talking about PHP. Anyways, the night ended with all of us laughing and all of us having a great time. It is all due to ABW. The people and relationships you make here really are worth some of the beatings you will also take here when you do screw up.

So, to all the other AMs who say to not participate, you do not know what you are missing out on. ABW has given me friendships, intelligent conversation, some wonderful affiliates for my programs and a ton of great memories.

Thank you Haiko for having these forums and helping us build these relationships,,,,,,,and if anyone's in DC, look us up and I think Patrick can tell you that we know how to have a good time lol =0)

Thanks again Haiko!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I would invite you all to Baltimore, but apparently you would need to bring bullet proof vests.

I'm glad you all had a terrific time. It really is what ABW is all about. I'm counting down the days 'til I can see everyone again.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I am certain I heard you say last night, after spending 5 solid hours with me, that you were quitting ABW and leaving affiliate marketing forever.... and I have Patrick as a witness! And I loved all of your little nicknames for me.... You are a serious charmer! :0) <g>

Anyway, Thank you for having us and being so generous with your hospitality. I love your Halloween outfit and appreciate you modeling that for us as well!

As long as I have lived in this area, the view of DC from your place, is *the* most amazing view of the City I have ever seen! You are blessed in many ways!

It was fun to spend time with Patrick as well, who, though tired from his week long business adventure in DC , was a real sport, and smiled with us anyway! He must be taking off out of National now ( I refuse to call it Regan, sorry, I have lived here too long and I dont' like change)!

Rexanne, Deb, and Snib ( yes we did talk to Snib)... It was so fun to laugh with you on the phone! I especially enjoyed comparing notes, ladies!

And finally , I still can't believe that "H" is good enough ( or was it "K?"). Still, that baffles me.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Anne; September 21st, 2007 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks
    I would invite you all to Baltimore, but apparently you would need to bring bullet proof vests.
    Now, you *know* that is only at night and only in the Harbor area! Plus you can't take a boat from one side to the other, you know those blow over and kill you. You really need to relocate. haha! Maybe to 'laid back Northern VA' with the gangs, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Now, you *know* that is only at night and only in the Harbor area! Plus you can't take a boat from one side to the other, you know those blow over and kill you. You really need to relocate. haha! Maybe to 'laid back Northern VA' with the gangs, perhaps?
    I've heard the paddle boats are quite safe. Of course, I'm not exactly a strong swimmer, so I haven't tested out the safety of any of the Harbor boats.

I just moved 3 kids and a husband and I'm not quite ready to do that again any time soon.

And finally , I still can't believe that "H" is good enough ( or was it "K?"). Still, that baffles me.

H or K? I am lost hahahah....Kim you should come visit or we shoudl all do a night out on the town,,,,or at my place again if you would want....

Anne, sorry about all the nicknames lol...it was definitely a ton of fun though,,,,I hope Patrick enjoyed himself.

Kim, sorry about the rip on Bmore,,,,it is a fun city to visit =0).

Anne, call me at work and I'll tell you,,,,I guess I still owe you a secret hahahah
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Liquidate, Anne, AM@4checks - Y'all are pickin' on "my" city now. Watch It!

Baltimore is very safe. Just follow a couple simple rules:
    1. Don't drive anywhere after dark.
    2. Don't walk anywhere unless in a group (of at least platoon size - BDUs and M16s are also recommended.
    3. The paddle boats are safe - just don't leave the dock.
    4. The Water Taxi is safe - to watch from shore.

The steamed crabs are hot and delicious. The local brews are cold and delicious. What more could one want?

Seriously, there is a "murder" problem in Baltimore but it is mainly in the seedier parts of town - with drug dealers killing drug dealers. The Inner Harbor area is clean, bright, has a strong police presence, and is about as safe as any large city can possibly make it. Baltimore depends on 13+ million visitors per year to support a major portion of the economy and cannot afford to let safety in the harbor get a poor reputation.

C'mon up and visit.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Wink
    Bunch of perverts.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    The steamed crabs are hot and delicious. The local brews are cold and delicious. What more could one want?

Darn skippy about the steamed crabs and crabcakes in the mid atlantic,,,,Bmore is great for that!

Don't get me wrong - The Harbor is beautiful and safe. It's great for tourists and locals. Lots of fun stuff to see and do, great food, beautiful view... I can take my children there to visit the Aquarium, go shopping, walk around the Harbor and feel safe doing it.

I do have faith that the "other areas" in Baltimore City will eventually improve. The architecture of the homes and buildings is truly beautiful. It's the graffiti I find distracting. I guess I'm just not meant to be a big city girl.

We do need to plan a get-together. Let's just pick a date (preferrably a Friday) and stick to it. We can go to the Harbor - how about McCormick's and Schmick's? I keep reading about other meeting plans and feel the need to have our own Mid-Atlantic Affiliate Marketers Association (we can be MAMA's, how cool is that!?) Ok, maybe I'm getting a little carried away here, but I'm up for some great food and even better company.

http and a telephoto
    I am certain I heard you say last night, after spending 5 solid hours with me, that you were quitting ABW and leaving affiliate marketing forever.... and I have Patrick as a witness! And I loved all of your little nicknames for me.... You are a serious charmer! :0) <g>
    Yes, I heard him also. Glad he woke up and realized that was not a good idea
    Anyway, Thank you for having us and being so generous with your hospitality. I love your Halloween outfit and appreciate you modeling that for us as well!
    I can't believe none of you had a camera!
    Rexanne, Deb, and Snib ( yes we did talk to Snib)... It was so fun to laugh with you on the phone! I especially enjoyed comparing notes, ladies!
    He wasn't on the conference call... or was that in chat?
    No comment. (and it's "F", I think )
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

...It's the graffiti I find distracting. I guess I'm just not meant to be a big city girl.

We do need to plan a get-together. Let's just pick a date (preferably a Friday) and stick to it. We can go to the Harbor - how about McCormick's and Schmick's? I keep reading about other meeting plans and feel the need to have our own Mid-Atlantic Affiliate Marketers Association (we can be MAMA's, how cool is that!?) Ok, maybe I'm getting a little carried away here, but I'm up for some great food and even better company.
    MAMA is, indeed, cool.

The only McCormick and Schmick's I have ever been to is the one in Seattle and I keep saying to Mrs. Beachy (who really is a city girl, BTW) that we need to go there (the Baltimore location) soon. It is a fine restaurant.

I also know this little ol' crab house near Ft. McHenry (www.lpsteamers.com/pickcrabs.html) - easy to get to, right off of I-95, in a SAFE neighborhood. Real steamed crabs - all year. We could get our own room on the second floor. Hot Crabs and Cold Beer (or soda) - a "real taste" of Baltimore.

So, there are a couple of possible choices - for a couple of MAMA gatherings. Great idea there AM@4checks --- now, WHEN is a suitable time???

(I had been hoping to invite folks to a (MAMA type) gathering here in Ocean City in late October. But the trip to Scottsdale and a Bermuda Cruise the following week kinda put that off into the future. Springtime for sure.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

How about Friday, November 9th?

That might work if I can get off work,,,and see if someone wants to drive with me up there, unless you guys want to come to DC?

Kim, would you mind posting it in the events and gatherings and I can call other ams and people who aren't in the forums,,, and we can try to plan on it? It's also close to Wilmington, Philly, DC, and some others if more are interested.

I'll have to check with Mrs. Beachy, but that date sounds good to me. And, I am certainly flexible as to the venue. Kim, how about you starting a thread in the "Events or Gatherings" forum. Then we can begin to recruit participants. Sounds like a "fun" way to continue networking (had to say that so it is a tax deductible event ).

Post submitted. It should show shortly, guys.

Thanks for your support!

OK. I am just now catching up on this thread.

Everything Anne said is true - he was swearing to give it all up and throw it down the drain! But it was a darn good time.

And while I was in DC I did make it to the local McCormick & S. Had a seafood platter of some sort, calamari, and a round robin of deserts. Good times were had by all.

If you are a wine aficionado in DC I highly recommend Capital Grille. Wine, Wine, everywhere. You can walk in with your own bottles, and walk out with their bottles if you want. Of course you can also just go to Adam's apt.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Quote Originally Posted by patrick24601
    Everything Anne said is true - he was swearing to give it all up and throw it down the drain! But it was a darn good time.
    Hey, like Anne said, 5 hours with her is enough to make any quit something they love hahaha j/k. We all say dumb things sometimes,,truth be told I love affiliate and internet marketing and don't think I could give it up. Oddly enough though, for some reason my homepage has been changed to www.clevermoms.com wonder how that happened? ;-)
    Of course you can also just go to Adam's apt.
    It was a definite pleasure having you and Anne over and you are both welcome back whenever....but I am confused about this wine thing; I don't own or have any.

You not having any wine in your apartment would be like me not having any color !
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

You not having any wine in your apartment would be like me not having any color !
    Do you have color Patrick? Why didn't you say something? I had no idea.

And Deb F????????????????????? No way, stop tormenting those less fortunate than yourself.

And Adam, yeah, five hours with me is enough to make someone want to jump I suppose, but at least no one ever forgets me ;0) I also keep thinking that I saw a genuine 'cowboy' that night, but I am not sure if I imagined it or not.....

And Adam, yeah, five hours with me is enough to make someone want to jump I suppose
    Wonder what a 4 1/2 hour plane ride is going to do hahaha. J/K Anne is fun to spend time with, especially when you spend 4 hours at brunch and don't even realize it.

Before anyone says anything else, the cowboy is my neighbor and friend who was having a bad night so I told him he could come over. BTW I think Anne hit up almost every cowboy joke you can make lol.

Definitely liq... I think when Anne has had something to drink her and tact are not in the same room. Fortunately he was a good natured guy and realized that it was the shot... I mean wine talking!

FYI everybody. Liquidate is a classy decorator. Former DJ, current wine drinker, appreciates good vinyl albums and Madonna.

Someday there will be pictures to show that I was the only one in the room with no mammaries !
    ---
    ---

FYI everybody. Liquidate is a classy decorator. Former DJ, current wine drinker, appreciates good vinyl albums and Madonna.
    Thanks buddy!
    Someday there will be pictures to show that I was the only one in the room with no mammaries !
    Hahahaha thank you halloweenmart!

See post #12
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=94677

You guys are crazy

But thanks for the call, it was fun!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread