Angry Cabelas links not working
    All Cabelas links return a 400 error. Check your site.

Mine are working. I didn't check them all , but I checked about 6 of them.

Clicking through fine here. May it was a temporary problem.

Working Now
    The links seem to be working for me now. The error that i was getting said something about the headers being too long and it mentioned cookies. I went ahead and cleard my cookies, history, and temp internet files and rebooted my computer and that worked. I was getting the error whether i was on my site or on other affiliate sites.

Anyways, all seems to be working fine for me now.

I noticed in the past couple of days when I generate a report there is a warning Icon next to some of the Cabela links in the report. When I put the cursor on the Icon I get a message: "This link has been archived - please remove it from your web site and from your active links in ConnectCommerce."

Also when I go to My Active Links Library I see dozens of links with this Icon next to them and all the information about the link says the Link Duration is limited time only and the End Date was 9-20-07.
    However the links still appear to be working OK.

The big problem for me is if I remove these links there are no new links that I can replace them with. Is anyone else having this problem?

Bob A

I use links from the datafeed, and don't think that is the same as Active Links Library. I don't spend enough time in Performics to know the system very well I'm afraid.

I was using links from their datafeed but every time they sent me a new datafeed the links were constantly changing and end up spending to much time updating my site with new links.

Thatís when I found out that the links that Performics provided in their links library did not change that often. However they do not provide the wide selection that datafeed has.

I was using links from their datafeed but every time they sent me a new datafeed the links were constantly changing and end up spending to much time updating my site with new links.
    I found that too, and had to automate FTP downloads nightly. From file download to link placement, it's all automated on my particular site.

Kind of off topic but how did you guys get into Cabelas affiliate program? I use Perfomics as well but they are not listed as an available affiliate. Thanks.

Had the same experience here, and I read somewhere that they were with Performics. So i asked performics about it and applied and was signed up. I can't remember the precise steps. I must have written to a Performics at a generic support email address I think. I'm sure you will have no problem!

I donít exactly remember how I signed up but I agree with Mr_ Jones. Just contact someone at Performics.

Hey Mr_Jones that is a pretty neat automated system you have there. Unfortunately I donít know how to do that and I end up doing everything manual.

The fact that these links, which I have been using for over a year now, are going to expire puts me in a bad spot. Especially because there are no replacements for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_A
    Hey Mr_Jones that is a pretty neat automated system you have there. Unfortunately I donít know how to do that and I end up doing everything manual.
    Thanks! It took while to learn the skills to develop it. PHP and Mysql and FTP command knowledge is required.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Cabelas Link Update
    We have checked all of the Cabelas links and they are all functioning properly. If you are still having issues with Cabelas links feel free to contact ltazic[at]doubleclick.com.

Thank you!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread