Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    teen girl brings in $70,000 a month
    I like it when teens are agressive and making $mils. Tyring to get my own teens working to make their first $mil too. lol Just saw on news this morning, thought it might inspire a few lurking teens here and others to....Get Working!

Ian Moray....manager of media development at the online marketing company ValueClick....approached Ashley Qualls, Whateverlife's founder, about incorporating ads from ValueClick's 450 or so clients and sharing the revenue. continued She will be on The View Sept 28.

Careful, saw a few Casale Media Pop-ups, but for 70k find me their link.

Another blog about her even offers tips. "Like other high traffic websites, Whateverlife.com runs CPM ads by Casale Media and Value Click"

Last edited by loxly; September 23rd, 2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: removed links to blogs after Jorge requested it and people got drivebys.

Well I was impressed when I went to her site initially, but when the MALWARE alert on my scanner went bonkers and denied me access, I lost my adoration for her quickly. :0( I hope my computer goofed, that would suck, especially if she is a fast company and on The View!

Cheers to Ashley! You GO Girl!
    Her "basement office" is about 20 miles for us.

With Google in AnnArbor, Ashley in Taylor - Michigan Rocks!

Out of those three links, I only liked this one:

This other blog about her even offers tips. "Like other high traffic websites, Whateverlife.com runs CPM ads by Casale Media and Value Click"
    The other two gave pop-ups.

Her website gets 2.4 Million U.S visitors per month

If I had such Affiliate traffic. I would be making 1 Million per month, according to my current stats

Right when you think you're not doing too shabby with this whole aff mkting thing, along comes a 17 year old who blows the pants off you
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

Hey that's great. It is good to know that the potential is there.

My Network of sites gets 2.5-3 million hits per month. I hope to start a store soon.

I went to her site and immediately my zone alarm caught
    Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.nc and quarantined the item
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

hmm.. not good. I went there and nothing seemed to happen. My browser did block a pop-up though.

17 yrs old doing 70k/month is not a bad start in this game

a 32 year old making that much is a good start in this game too LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    I went to her site and immediately my zone alarm caught
    Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.nc and quarantined the item
    It's a Trojan

I scanned my computer using Kaspersky Lab and detected Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.bk which cannot be desinfected nor deleted. How can remove it?

Marija Manojlovic
    http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/17473.html

yeah stopped a exploit here too exp/html.unk

I hope the gals of the view (who ever it is this week) grill her ass about it, but it could be that she has been hacked since getting this spot light.

http://www.symantec.com/security_res...204-99&tabid=2

I guess instead of putting time and quality into my sites, which generate little to no traffic or revenue, I'll start generating god awful pages full of ads, popups and malware then maybe I can start making a nice living. Lately those seem to be what make money.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    So she earns 60% of her income from AdSense. Ya think those advertisers are getting any business from those teen girls?

The AdSense T&Cs say that you must be at least 18.

I know a lot of folks who run these types of resource sites (the subject of this thread included), and most of them are indeed teenagers and tweens who aren't going to listen to "some guy" (me) telling them that these "big guys" are "bad guys". These kids are waaaaay out of the circle as far as being aware and knowledgeable about what kind of operators are out there posing as respectable businessmen.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge - JRami
    I like it when teens are agressive and making $mils. Tyring to get my own teens working to make their first $mil too. lol
    Be careful who you give accolades to...because of your glowing recommendation I visited the page and received Trojan-Downloader.JS.Psyme.nc +

I'm not going to run to the next site you praise online, Jorge
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, she is doing one of those myspace free layout websites. Read about one doing really well before. I would have thought the market would be saturated. Though I had some ideas I thought might work in this area, for a later project.

Hopefully for this girl, she just hooked up with the wrong company and can get the problem solved.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Not That Impressive
    Sorry but I'm feeling mixed opinion. Nice concept, nice funky layout, poor marketing.

One and a half million visitors, sixty million page views yet only $70,000 revenue a month?

That's equivalent to a mere $70 (a very modest 35) a month for 500 unique visitors or 14c a visitor (7 pence). Now given that virtually all revenue is click based while it looks impressive with all those visitors, she could be doing a lot better with product placement and I'm sure she could broker a deal whereby she gets paid not only per click but also a per sale basis for the same click through.

Her choice of available revenue generators is a bit difficult to assess. The products offered appeal to that age group and would readily be downloaded. The concern is that malware downloaded can then create an army of slave machines and we get more

On the whole she has a modern appeal and is pro-active, but she seriously needs to take on board important lessons about protecting her website from promoting anything construed as harmful. Unless she's happy to do so in which case she'll (I suggest) no doubt graduate to something nasty down the line and we'll read all about it on CNN in the years to come.

All told. She's got potential. Just depends how she intends to progress. I'll be charitable and say that she's still naive as to what is and isn't malware and leave it at that.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

One and a half million visitors, sixty million page views yet only $70,000 revenue a month?
    And others are naive about other things. The site in question is not a sales site, it is a "here is some free stuff for you to use for free on your profile page on the free social networking site" website. This type of traffic is the most difficult to monetize.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates

You obviously misread my entire post then. Every download that isn't a free template is on a Pay Per Click model and that includes every little emoticon available there plus all the other little tidbits.

What I am saying is that if she bothered in her forum and on her site to replace some of the stuff with must have teen items provided by merchants she could negotiate a Pay Per Click and Pay Per Sale agreement with them and boost her revenue without offering any malware.

without offering any malware.
    I'm still willing to bet my bottom dollar that most operators of these types of sites have NO CLUE about what is up with all this stuff. And any opinions or information that you or I or any other joe may offer to them goes in one ear and out the other. The Santa Barbara Slicksters send them checks; you and I don't. Who do you think they trust/listen to?

All I'm trying to say is that most of the people who run these types of sites are not bad people. They are just blind and ignorant.

I agree with you there. Many are innocent or ignorant and given her age, she probably isn't aware and being a teenager she isn't willing to be told so when she trawls internet world and comes across this forum and sees just what affiliate marketing and marketing in general is all about then hopefully she'll fix things if not sooner.

What I would be very very interested to know is if there is ANY correlation between the rise in infected MySpace web pages and her site.

Quite a few use products available from the site, both the freebies and the 3rd party supplied downloads. If there is a correlation then that IS an issue worth looking into in fine detail.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    $70k/month.. and "her first Adsense paycheck was $2,790 and she has already rejected a $1.5 million buyout offer."

http://www.doshdosh.com/case-study-o...ashley-qualls/

Kudos to her!!
    I think she just paid off her 1 st year at Harvard in 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by WyndhamVacationR-EricEwe

Kudos to her!!
    I don't give kudos to anyone who puts spyware/trojan viruses on someone eles's machine either knowingling or unknowingly.

If your machine became infested after a visit to her f***ing site you wouldn't be exclaiming "kudos "

I didn't have to deal with sh!t before visiting that sweet, innocent girl's f***ing site and least Panda got rid of some of it:
    Panda seemed to kill some of these viruses:
    Virus:Trj/Downloader.CZR was Disinfected
    Virus:Trj/Goldun.AS was Disinfected
    Virus:Trj/Mitglieder.EV was Disinfected
    Virus:W32/Nurech.A.worm was Disinfected

One thing, I don't trust everyone's accolades anymore
    I sure won't be visiting sites that are supposed to be oh so great.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 22nd, 2007 at 03:08 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast