ABW Ambassador
    Can you pass the Google test?
    A fabulous blog post from Tihomir Nakov records some of the questions put to a friend seeking a job with the company.
    These come from timesonline.uk

1. How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus?

2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?

3. How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?

2. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
    Well, if you're shrunk to the height of a nickel, and then thrown into an empty glass blender, the best and safest thing you should do is to stay still on the bottom of that blender, that way you would be keeping a low profile when the blades start moving, thus avoding becoming a chopped nickel.

As for the other two!

I don't play golf yet!

and......

I don't do windows!

1. what bus?
    2. cry
    3. 49 Billion dollars so that I become richer than Bill Gates.

Am I hired?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    ...and......

I don't do windows! ...
    Ask Bill Gates. He does do Windows.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    4. How would you find out if a machine’s stack grows up or down in memory?

5. Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew.

6. How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    A fabulous blog post from Tihomir Nakov records some of the questions put to a friend seeking a job with the company.

1. At least one. The maximum depends on the size of the school bus.
    2. I agree with Sal... the blades are raised up a bit, so stay low!
    3. Since you can get copies of Linux for free, I'd only charge $100 an hour for labor.
    4. If it's running windows, it'll definitely have a memory leak.. so there ya go.
    5. A database is a computerized collection of information that's organized for easy access. (I did it in one sentence! And hey, they never said your 8-year old nephew had to completely understand it. )
    6. 23

So, will Google hire me? Probably not...

Btw, I knew someone who was asked this on an interview:

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

He, of course, countered with: African or European?

And got the job. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Btw, I knew someone who was asked this on an interview:

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

He, of course, countered with: African or European?

And got the job. LOL.
    Was his name Arthur?

Bahahaahaa!

4. How would you find out if a machine’s stack grows up or down in memory?

6. How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
    4 - How would you find out if a machine’s stack grows up or down in memory?
    a) - When you power up, a machine’s stack would grows up in memory.
    b) - When you power down, a machine’s stack grows down in memory.

5 - Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew?
    a) A database is like a box of apples!
    b) You first fill the box with the apples.
    c) Then you can take the apples out of that box in any order you want, red, yellow, or green apples, first.

6 - How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
    a) - 24 times, even on a cloudy day.
    At exactly:
    12:00 am
    1:05 am
    2:10 am
    3:15 am
    4:20 am
    5:25 am
    6:30 am
    7:35 am
    8:40 am
    9:45 am
    10:50 am
    11:55 am
    12:00 pm
    1:05 pm
    2:10 pm
    3:15 pm
    4:20 pm
    5:25 pm
    6:30 pm
    7:35 pm
    8:40 pm
    9:45 pm
    10:50 pm
    11:55 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal

6 - How many times a day does a clock’s hands overlap?
    a) - 24 times, even on a cloudy day.
    At exactly:
    12:00 am
    1:05 am
    2:10 am
    3:15 am
    4:20 am
    5:25 am
    6:30 am
    7:35 am
    8:40 am
    9:45 am
    10:50 am
    11:55 am
    12:00 pm
    1:05 pm
    2:10 pm
    3:15 pm
    4:20 pm
    5:25 pm
    6:30 pm
    7:35 pm
    8:40 pm
    9:45 pm
    10:50 pm
    11:55 pm

Urgh. I was assuming you started from the 12:00am position and didn't count that.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Zach, you know how the DVR has TV shows inside it and you can save new ones or watch saved ones and then erase them...

A database is the same thing, but instead of just TV shows, it stores any kind of information that a computer can use.

But there's no remote, so if you can figure out how to work it, you can make a lot of money and make the girls crazy.
    Last edited by Donuts; September 21st, 2007 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Was his name Arthur?

Bahahaahaa!
    LOL. No, but that would've been a funny coincidence if it had.

Well, I may think about getting low, but first off, there's somebody standing there who just threw me in. Assuming I'm still in good health from my serious fall, I'm whipping out the bird and giving him a proper salute, the cruel bastard. I'm hurling a few high pitched screw you's his way as well. I think after 10-20 seconds, I'd whip out my now-very-small cell phone and call 911 and ask them to cut the power to the address I'm at, claiming there's an electrical fire raging. Then I'd ask that they send a few sheriffs out here cuz someone's trying to murder me! Since the blender is glass, I'd search my pockets for something to whack it with to crack it open, but the glass is pretty thick towards the bottom. Knowing those blades are fairly flimsy and given my new height, I'd put my shoulder to them, from their bottom side, and see if I couldn't bend them upwards to give me a little more overhead clearance. Having gained some modicum of safety, I think I'd spend my remaining time taunting the thrower, what have I got to lose, the 60 seconds is almost gone. Miniature moon is what I'm thinking, puts me in a nice low bent over position in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    LOL. No, but that would've been a funny coincidence if it had.
    Well, I don't know any Arthur. So the coincidence would be with the script of Monty Python's movie called the Holy Grail where King Arthur is questioned by the bridge of death. :-)

It's a great scene. After some of the lesser soldiers / knights are tripped up upon questioning and sent to their deaths, Arthur passes the test, turns the tables on the Questioner and then he quips something about having to know all these things when you're the King. I think it's humorous look at the true nature of confidence. Insightful too.

Thanks for reminding me of it.

1. All of them! I know someone with a very cool shrinking machine and he's just devious enough to get it done.

Well, I don't know any Arthur. So the coincidence would be with the script of Monty Python's movie called the Holy Grail where King Arthur is questioned by the bridge of death. :-)

It's a great scene. After some of the lesser soldiers / knights are tripped up upon questioning and sent to their deaths, Arthur passes the test, turns the tables on the Questioner and then he quips something about having to know all these things when you're the King. I think it's humorous look at the true nature of confidence. Insightful too.

Thanks for reminding me of it.
    I don't know anyone named Arthur either. It's been a while since I've seen that movie, I should watch it again. I just put together a page of Monty Python related memorabilia for one of my sites, so what with that and the unusual questions on the Google Test, that little tidbit about my friend's interview was fresh in my mind.

I am putting Rabbit with Big Pointy Teeth slippers on my Christmas list this year...

I choose to answer only one of the questions.

Yes, I can pass the Google test.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

1. All of them! I know someone with a very cool shrinking machine and he's just devious enough to get it done.
    You can fit every single golf ball in the world in a school bus... as long as you take one out every time you put a new one in when it starts to get full.

These are very open ended questions, aren't they?

Talking
    Well, I may think about getting low, but first off, there's somebody standing there who just threw me in. Assuming I'm still in good health from my serious fall, I'm whipping out the bird and giving him a proper salute, the cruel bastard. I'm hurling a few high pitched screw you's his way as well. I think after 10-20 seconds, I'd whip out my now-very-small cell phone and call 911 and ask them to cut the power to the address I'm at, claiming there's an electrical fire raging. Then I'd ask that they send a few sheriffs out here cuz someone's trying to murder me! Since the blender is glass, I'd search my pockets for something to whack it with to crack it open, but the glass is pretty thick towards the bottom. Knowing those blades are fairly flimsy and given my new height, I'd put my shoulder to them, from their bottom side, and see if I couldn't bend them upwards to give me a little more overhead clearance. Having gained some modicum of safety, I think I'd spend my remaining time taunting the thrower, what have I got to lose, the 60 seconds is almost gone. Miniature moon is what I'm thinking, puts me in a nice low bent over position in any case.
    Well, you had all that time to save yourself, but instead you decided to waste all those (60 seconds) to at the end just go out like this:

Then, here is a McGaiver tip, in case on the next life they throw you again, on another empty glass blender! (This tip can save your life!)

Don't use your tiny cell phone to call anyone for help.

Thake the cell phone appart and bend the antenna in a > shape, now rest the single point side of that > antenna against the plastic wall of that blender, while at the same time you connect the other two ends of that bended antenna to the cell phone battery terminals, thus causing a short to the battery, and causing the antenna to overheat, so now you can melt a hole big enough on that plastic wall of that blender, and be able to scape from there.

In case that the hole was not big enough by the 55 seconds mark, instead of wasting time trying to bend the blades with your shoulder, just hop on the middle of those blades in a X possition, make sure to hold on with tight grips, and ride the cycles.

When or if, the blades stop, then go back to melting the hole in the blender, but if the blades don't seems to stop anytime soon, you can at least try to let go of the blades in a fast push up and release motion, that way you will have a 50/50 chance of flying away from that blender, or just become an instant doughnut-shake.

Now, worse came to worse, at least you would be remembered as a frothy drink , and not as a .

So what do you want written on your tombstone , just in case you can't get out of that blender in time?

BTW, how can you tell whe the 60 seconds are up?

Well, if you didn't have a watch, or there was no clock on that room, then you start counting: 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi, etc, etc....

Sal: Anyone capable of withstanding those kinds of RPMs could probably understand what you and Ecom are saying all the time.

I try, but I haven't made it into that elite circle yet
    Now, worse came to worse, at least you would be remembered as a frothy drink , and not as a .
    LOL
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

1. I don't know

2. Lay down flat on the bottom

3. They wash themselves

1. about 400,000
    2. low towards the center, and put some clothes in the middle to hopefully jam the blade.
    3. $5/window, I don't work project-based.
    4. Look it up in google.
    5. You have lists of stuff like names and grades. A database can take all that stuff and store it in organized files. it's kinda like excel, but more complex and functional.
    6. 24

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread