This issue is costing you and me tons of lost sales everyday with nearly every single affiliate program regardless of solution providers, affiliate manager performance and your greatest efforts.

This problem is out of stock items. It takes an affiliate 2-3 months to get their pages effectively listed in search engines. If an item finally catches a good listing after two months but is no longer available you've lost a lot of sales. I personally loose more money to this than to anything else. I estimate my loss to actually exceed my earnings.

How can we solve this problem?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Only solution is DHTML displays that auto update

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

well see not really and datefeeds don't help either. They don't work because it takes 2-3 months to get the search engine listings. If you dynamically update daily google misses 29 days of updates and displays only the one day it was indexed. Now the freshbot is awesome but is kind of limited at this time with only main pages.

The solution has to be one that comes from the merchant or affilaite solution provider. I said a long while back right here on abestweb that we need to somehow be able to have our customers return back to our sites from the merchants if they decide not to buy or if an item is oos.

I just use the _blank in the URL Heyder. then when the close the merchants window they are still on my site.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Not a great money making solution, but search for Tracy's eBay tip.

I just had another Homevisions item go OOS. I'm hoping they get it back in, since I haven't found anyone else selling it. In the mean time, the link now reads that the item is OOS, but you can buy similar items on ebay. Made a couple of nickels so far, like I said, not a great money making solution.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Out-of-stock reversals really irk me as well - especially on bigger ticket items. One of my fitness equipment merchants come to mind.

What if this happens when the merchant has a "delete cookie" option set (CJ) after the sale and the customer comes back to buy when the product is in stock? No commission for me - that's for sure.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Ya this is bad sometimes,
    just had 400.00 in sales all were out of stock today.Also it doesn't help when your still get charged for credit card processing and have to send out the refund your hit both times.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread