Hi, just wondered if there is a FAQ or section for those of us with websites who are new to affiliate marketing. Also a more specific question, can I directly link to specific products, or do I have to link to company home pages? I would really like to link to specific products.

Thanks for your help, I've already learned a lot since i've arrived and greatly appreciate your input.

ABW Ambassador
    Honiara, Solomon Islands
    Hi Kujack,

I suggest you sign up at and then access their CJU link in the top right (Commission Junction University). Great info there as well as at

Its called product linking and many many programs allow you to do this. Even if one of your advertisers hasn't built any product links you can use the advanced linking buttons on a banner link to redirect to a particular page and use a particular image.

To do this on cj, just click on a banner or product link then click the advanced button and fill in the details.

Alternatively just search cjs extensive product library via their "Get Links" tab and attempt to join any program whose products you want to sell.

Don't forget to make sure that you check that their products sell well and their return rate is low before wasting time marketing their products.

You can do this by clicking on the company name within the product links listings.

Cheers, DPG
    p.s. hehe DaPackster VVVVVV

Hi kujackhawk,

And Welcome. You can think of ABW as one huge FAQ section online. It should have pretty much all the answers you are looking for. If you look in this thread you should see a bar that has

New Find My Space Notify Tools Reply

If you use the Find button you should be able to search for any info you might want to know. The other way is to find the right forum and just ask a question if you don't see it already posted somewhere or can't find it.

As to whether you can use product links or just merchant links in most cases it is up to the individual merchants. Some will give you product links to use and others will give you catagory links or just links to their homepages. All of them are different. Anyways, good luck and I'm sure someone else will jump in to offer more help.

See, DPG beat me to it already

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

thanks for the prompt responses!

it appears the big affiliate programs are linkshare and commission junction. a basic question i have is whether i can be a part of multiple affiliate programs. for example, just because i use a merchant through cj wouldn't preclude me from using linkshare and it's merchants. right?

thanks again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kujackhawk:
    for example, just because i use a merchant through cj wouldn't preclude me from using linkshare and it's merchants. right?

thanks again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

There is really good article about getting your site search engine friendly.

The good news is that it requires quite a bit of effort and time to do what the article states, which means the odds of most others not following through is high. It's in the article sectoin of the ABW site.

BTW, it's "Jayhawk".....

Rock chalk. - The Internet's Fitness Resource

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread