ABW Ambassador
    With Christmas right around the corner, I started to look for gift cert. links to some of my merchants. Not only did I find none in my "hot merchant list" but throught out all of CJ I only found 40 links. And probably only half of those were unique merchants.

Gift Cert. to online merchants seem like a perfect Christmas Gift. Could some of you "hot merchants" putup a link to a page that allows people to easily buy a gift card or gift certificate?

Thank you.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

And even better, for those merchants who do offer Gift Certificates, it would be nice if we could get paid commissions on them! Lots of merchants state they do not pay commissions on Gift Certificates. Nor do some pay for redeeming them. So if you push Gift Certificates, you lose.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Wow. I did not know that. I've been paid on the one's we've seen. I can't imagine a merchant not paying on a gift card. That's insane. They have the money, but don't have to send the merchandise for... how long? It's pure profit. Some cards are never redeemed.

Personally, I can really sell gift cards, so I'd like to promote them more.

I think every merchant should have at least one link to gift card/cert.

This is my first ABW post and with the subject being gift certificates, I thought that I would chime in.

Connie is correct (wow) most merchants exclude commissions on gift certificates. Which is too bad from an affiliate perspective since gift certificates are one of the stongest marketing tools that merchants have. The ability to let someone else market your product to others is very powerful and effective.

Not to push our company, but there is a way to earn commissions on gift certificate sales. GiveAnything.com gives a base rev-share of 10% on all gift certificate purchases. To avoid a full fledged marketing pitch, our affiliate program gives you two things. 1) The ability to sell a GiveAnything.com Gift Certificate which can be redeemed at 500+ stores like Sharper Image, Wine.com, fogdog, eHobbies and more. 2) Give the consumer the ability to print a certificate on their computer (which has been and will be huge this Christmas).

While most companies to not provide commissions on gift certificates, there are companies like ours that do give commissions. Depending on the affiliate provider, you can create seperate links to merchant pages on their websites.

OK, enough plugging. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ryan P. Phelan
    Sr. Vice President of Ecommerce
    GiveAnything.com

While it appears to be common practice for merchants not to pay commissions for gift certificate sales there are options available. As Ryan w/ GiveAnything.com mentioned there are merchants out there that offer a great gift certificate solution. Both GiveAnything.com and GiftCertificates.com provide your customers with plenty of options. While there are differences between the two sites your customers can have access to hundreds of merchant certificates by visiting either one.

I invite you to review GiftCertificates.com. In addition to the individual merchant partners that are available the SuperCertificate makes for a great gift if your customers don’t know what merchant(s) to select.

I would encourage you to contact us if you are interested in offering a gift certificate solution to your customers. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the discussion.

Noel Sommers
    Program Manager
    (402) 951-4129
    NSommers@GiftCertificates.com

What would be nice then for affiliates is for us to have an EASY -note- EASY way for us to link to individual gift certificates for each merchant at places like GiftCertificates.com.
    Have them in alphabetical order, list all the stores etc.
    I would love to add individual links for gift certificates to all my merchants but I want the ease of cut and paste, not having to search, or try to create the links on my own.

Connie - www.flamingoworld.com

All around the mulberry bush the flamingo chased the weasel

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by RyanPhelan:
    This is my first ABW post

Welcome Ryan, nice seeing you here...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by RyanPhelan:
    This is my first ABW post and with the subject being gift certificates, I thought that I would chime in.

Thanks for the post. I appreciate it.

quote:

Connie is correct (wow) most merchants exclude commissions on gift certificates. Which is too bad from an affiliate perspective since gift certificates are one of the stongest marketing tools that merchants have. The ability to let someone else market your product to others is very powerful and effective.

Yes, you are seeing what I'm seeing. This has got to be the best benefit an affiliate merchant can have. I don't pitch the product now, but pitch the company! Wow! Its like branding and a Good Housekeeping endorsement put together.

All for a small % of a gift card? Such a deal. I'm going thru my list of merchants right now and if they don't pay me for gift certs, they are gone. To not pay on such a purchase is fraud in my book.

quote:

Not to push our company, but there is a way to earn commissions on gift certificate sales. GiveAnything.com gives a base rev-share of 10% on all gift certificate ...

Ryan P. Phelan
    Sr. Vice President of Ecommerce
    GiveAnything.com

I'll take a look. Thanks.

For-what-it's-worth...

JC Whitney does have gift certificates and you do get commissioned for their sale. If interested,
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4096073731

Rick

Rick McGrath
    Partner Development
    JC Whitney & Co.
    affiliatehelp@JCWhitney.com
    800-863-4227 ext. 5681

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread