Customer service lessons from the hospital.
    Ok, so my new customer service hero is my local hospital. They must have gone through some SERIOUS customer service training, because I am just in awe of the way we were treated.

The hospital has always been good; had my little one there in 2002 and it was a great experience. We've been to the ER many times whether it's been for stitches for my eldest or my husband's dislocated shoulder or my mom, the list goes on. Luckily, I've been fine. lol. The expereience was always good but not exceptional.

So, we had major royal treatment on Saturday at 5am when we rushed in with Aiden who is 4 and had a bad stomach flu. They had to put him on an IV because he wouldn't stop vomiting. Thank goodness He is better now after a very loooong weekend of caretaking.

Throughout the entire ordeal, they were super nice, told us everything that was being done and why, and they even gave us ETAs on everything. Now, I, along with everyone else I know, am used to basically puilling teeth to get ETAs and decent info from hospital staff.

And to top it all off, I just got a call from the nurse who took care of him. She simply wanted to check in and see how he was doing. We had a nice conversation and she ended it with send him our best wishes.

I was thrilled with the customer service, the follow-up and the information. Frankly, it has just reminded me why I should always strive to offer the same to my clients. Everyone appreciates info without alwayas having to pull teeth to get it. And, the best type of customer service is the proactive type.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

http and a telephoto
    Glad he is feeling better. Having experienced numerous hospital stays with my kids, pediatric units are the best, and pediatric ICU nurses deserve a special place in heaven and should be all treated as royalty.

I don't think they are trained in Customer Service, I think they just CARE. They have to or they wouldn't be able to tolerate the sadness that goes with the job.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks Deb. I don't know, I mean, I've always experienced good service, especially in the pediatric unit, but this time was just different. It really felt like the hospital was making an extra effort to be perfect.

That's the best way I could describe it, perfect.

Either way, I respect immensely the work those nurses do. They make what is horrible and painful for parents as comfortable as it could possibly be. And they do care, you can see it in everything that they do with the kids.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

http and a telephoto
    There are specific times when it seems they do go past the norm. And it seems they just "know". I have had good and bad and exceptional experiences with hospital stays.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    You make that many trips to hospitals???

Mental note: Give Danay some of my nurse uniform site business cards at Summit

LOL - I like the service at my regular hospital, except recently they realized I was sneaking out of ICU to go outside and smoke. So they barred me from even leaving the floor

nice.

Nah, I don't go too often, but I have had a few visits since my little one was born along with my mom's IBS. Nothing like a 2am call asking for a ride to the ER.

Heck, I'm just happy as punch to have her around, so if it means giving her a ride to the ER to get an injection every few months, so be it.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread