Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Started new diet
    So, after 5 years of continual weight gain, my husband and I have started a diet together. Cardio, healthy eating, the works.

So far, day 1 is easy. I'm excited and so is he.

Goal: Get healthy and energetic again. Ability to wear pre-baby clothes.

Weight loss goal: 30 lbs me, 50 him
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Sounds good, Danay
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I'm right there with you. My goal to get healthy has helped me lose 15 pounds so far. All it takes is to carefully watch what you eat and exercise I've found. My wife and are actually eating out more now than before, but we are very careful to look up the menus online before we go to check for fat, sodium and calories. Instead of eating movie and candy we sneak in nuts, dried fruit, power bars, etc. I'd feel guilty sneaking that stuff in, but frankly they just don't offer healthy alternatives at the movies.

We also joined a local health club this month and love it. Less than two miles from the house so it's convenient enough that we get there often.

Good luck with your goal! You can do it!!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ron, that's awesome. We joined a gym as well.... like 2 years ago! I go for weeks and then re-injure my back, then have to stop to get better.

sooooo, I am now going through physical therapy to fix my broken back That's really when my weight started going up, when I injured my back. And I don't even have a great story. It happened while wrestling with my husband about 6 years ago when we were coaching a little league game for our oldest son.

Anyway, The day has been pretty easy. It's the night time that sucks.

I swear I am the healthiest daytime eater and then at night, the 3 musketeers call me. It's like they KNOW me. They say to me, "Come over and take a break from your 15 hour day and spending quality time with the kids and playijng Transformers and giving baths and bedtime stories ...... and have a bite, relax and watch Heroes or Lost or whatever you Tivoed before you obsessively go back to write "just one more email to a client or colleague or whatever". Aaarrrgggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Danay, Danay's husband and Ron -- best of luck with it!! There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you're healthy and fit.

Best of luck!! You're on the right way!

Geno

Hi Geno, thanks. So far so good. I am eating so often that I'm pretty much sick of food. It's just healthier choices.

No nighttime snacks, instead I'm hitting a 5th of jack. lol. kidding folks, juuuust kidding.

err, sorry, need to keep my sense of humor about this.

I actually had to set my Outlook calendar to remind me to eat every two hours. I get so lost in work that I forget. but not anymore!

So Day 3, all is well.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Keep it up, Danay, and keep up posted on your progress!

Geno

I think the "hardest" part of it all is understanding that it's a lifestyle change and not just a diet. "Dieting" will get the weight off but continuing to keep it off with proper eating habits and exercise is the lifestyle change and key to success. I first started counting calories and then changing my diet while progressing with exercise and then equating food items to exercise time so I understand your 3 musketeers story, but for me it was Lindt truffle balls and they are an extra 6 minutes on the treadmill - it just ain't worth it!

Remember - learn your BMR, count your calories spent ( via heart rate monitor) and taken in and break your goal down to simple math. One pound is 3500 calories if you eat your BMR and do 1,200 cals of exercise a day (for 6 days) you'll lose 2lbs a week, to achieve more weight loss lower your intake. Slow and steady weight loss is necessary not only for your own health but also for avoiding yo-yo weight loss.

Best of wishes for success - keep us updated!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Making the decision to make a lifestyle change is much more appealing than thinking about dieting.

Best of luck. As success comes your way you will feel so much better!
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the good vibes and support.

Off to have my fat free cottage cheese with fruit.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Those steamed veggie packs are a godsend (especially for the diabetics). Good luck and may the diet be with you.

Day 4 and all is well. I did have a slip-up. I was at the bookstore with my kids and a pumpkin spice latte soy, decaf just fell into my hands. What could I do but drink it?

Well, as soon as I got home, I looked up the nutritional info, (230 calories and 3.5 grams of fat for a "Tall") and almost wanted to purge. But I just subtracted from the rest of my meals for the day.

sooooo, the slipup did not end up meaning I went over my alloted calories or fat grams. I just know what I need to give up when I have one. I wait for these things all year. Fall = Pumpkin Spice Lattes and heaven. Really, I have been toying with naming my next kid Pumpkin Spice. ok, maybe not, but I do love them.

So, day 4, all is well. Still on track.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Denay,
    I want to recommend a book to you in case you have not read it. It is called "You, on a Diet." It is amazing, and Haiko will agree with me You must learn to eat without depriving yourself. It is OK you had the drink today, just be aware next time and make a better choice ( Starbucks has the cinnamon thing with SF syrup and skim milk and the only calories are the skim milk basically). If you deprive yourself or feel guilty about enjoying what you eat, you will be on a downward spiral. You are welcome to IM me if you need to scream, or just need some support. I am not quite where I want to be yet ( did my 1 1/2 hours at the gym today!) but I have learned a great deal this year about exercise ( ran my first 5K in April) and eating healthier. It is tough the first couple of weeks, but as long as you do not feel deprived, you will be fine! :0)

Thanks Anne, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

It's funny, in my twenties, I could eat anything and not gain weight as long as I worked out enough. Since I screwed up my back, it's been a struggle. Hoping the therapy helps out in that department, I used to love running, rollerblading, and just being active.

Thanks for the offer of support. It's very much appreciated, & I may take you up on it sooner rather than later.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Outsourced Program Manager Andy2.0's Avatar
    Cmon Danay I have faith in you! I've also changed my habits and dropping a bit of weight because of it Keep it up!

We might be starting a little office competition on who can drop 10lbs in a week lol... swing by we'll add you to the mix.

Hey Andy, good to see you around these parts!

Thanks for the faith

I'm on my way over there right now to weigh in!

lol, then I'd have to kill you after divulging my weight.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Hello, good luck on it.
    Me I'll start next week.
    I have been preparing this september month, by reading an ebook I bought for a program.
    I got inspiration from the experience of Adam, do you know? On youtube he has a video of time lapsing as he took a picture a day of his physical transformation.
    Well, I've been reading and going to the gym to get back on track and then I'll start the program of nutrition and physical exercice.
    It's 36 days, separated in 3 parts of 12 days during which there are nutriments plays and specific exercices. Then you have 10 days of rest and muscle building and then you're ready to start another one.

My goal is to do the program at level 1 first, be successful and then continue with the full program. So after 46 + 46 days the results will be wonderful as I have not been in shape for several years!

Good luck with it, and whatever we do towards our goals it's always better than doing nothing or worse continuing what we were doing before, that's the opposite direction.

Good for you and good luck! After having my son I shot up to 200 lbs even though I had always been stick thin. Finally, 75 lbs of fat loss later, I refuse to ever go back! LOL!

But your plan is good. Cardio, weights, and a healthy diet. Crash diets flat out don't work in the long run so you're doing it the smart way!

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone

Both hubby and I are still on track and it's showing. We are both already losing weight after a week and it is finally getting easier.

My back is killing me from therapy, but that should get better soon.

Oh yeah it didn't help that I had a girl's night out with my cousin and we danced like maniacs. Therapist is gonna kill me, but what was I supposed to do?

You know, I suggest anyone who is trying to diet post it here. It is a hell of an incentive to not look stupid when you publicly announce you are dieting.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Not sure if I am still on a diet but it does help to post it on a forum. I started to post on a forum when I was around 222 and down to 205 now. For me it was the sparkpeople website that helped a lot.

http and a telephoto
    I don't diet, I "liveit" (only people my age that watched Richard Simmons will get that )

I don't have scales in my house, and I don't go to the gym, but this has been my year to get healthy. I used to do things daily without thinking that kept me fit (lifting lots of pounds several times a day) and it's been almost two years since I haven't been doing that.

With my back problems and other health issues this year, I have had to make changes like it or not. So it's nice to know there are so many here at ABW that are getting healthy too.

But let's not diet... let's just say "we're getting healthy".
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

SO I had a setback. My father-on-law passed away and we were gone for the wake, funeral, etc. I was great on the trip up but horrible on the trip back. Hubby fell off the wagon too.

I'm back to the healthy eating plan (notice I did not say "diet").

Good to be home.

Don't forget to call your loved ones and tell them you love 'em.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

Danay,

My condolences on the loss.

Healthy eating plan is a much better plan than any "diet" because as I said it's a lifestyle change and nothing temporary, stick to my calorie plan and you'll be amazed how the weight comes off naturally and stays off, there really is no off the wagon with a healthy eating plan and you can have goodies as well, just make sure to work them off and all in moderation.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Danay,

I'm sorry to hear about the death in your family. I'll keep your family in my prayers.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Sad news, Danay.... My condolences.

Geno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast