Memory Lane - Old Computers
    MSN has a picture gallery of old computers, some worth over $10,000 today.

I had a Tandy once, but I can't remember if it was the same one in the picture.

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    How did they leave -

off the list? That's the one I had and used in school. Commodore 64 was also popular at the time, that one made the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    How did they leave -

off the list? That's the one I had and used in school. Commodore 64 was also popular at the time, that one made the list.
    Yes, the Atari made big a impact back then. I had a Commodore 64, and before that, the Commodore VIC-20. I recall friendly rivalries among home computer users: "My Atari is better than your ol' Commodore." Or, "My TI is the best!"

However, my very first computer was a Timex-Sinclair, a British-made computer imported by the Timex Watch Company. It had 2 KB of ram - WooHoo! --->
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I also had a Tandy, before I realized what a hard drive was. I was so impressed by the SOFTWARE on the big 5 inch floppies, I was sold. LOLOL!

My first one, I can't remember what it was. I'm thinking Tandy but not sure. All I remember is having to type in/transcribe from a code book to record programs onto a cassette tape.

One of the "Video games" consisted of crude stick-figure horse race. There was no interactive way to "play" the game; you just fire up the cassette tape and watch the horses run; there will be a random winner.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    New York, USA
    The first computer I used at work was a Friden Flexowriter-Computyper nearly 35 years ago. The last time I saw one it was in pieces in a storage room at Singer headquarters.

The first home computer I owned was an Apple IIc. The first Windows machine I owned was a 286.
    Last edited by Rhea; September 25th, 2007 at 07:24 AM.

Shreveport, LA
    My very first computer was a Commodore 64, then I moved onto the Commodore 128 and thought I was hot stuff.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Still have our Tandy. Should still work even though have not powered it on since y2k. These are not my pictures but same one.

Washington, DC
    I remember playing on my uncle's commadore years ago. So much fun!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heck, when I was a kid and decided to learn about computing, I went straight for the big dog, I sort of helped myself to Indiana University's mainframe, a CDC 6600, as I recall. After a few months, they caught on to what was going on, and, errr, my summer ended poorly.

After that, our high school picked up a couple of radio shack computers, the one's that had 4K of memory, and I learned on those. I do have fond memories of those little computers, though, at the time it was eye opening, even though they could not do a whole lot.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread