Does Anyone Own "The Flip"?
    It's a video recorder that sells for under $150 and is supposed to be good for transfering video. Has anyone tried one?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I have Tivo is it similar?
    David Carter
    MagazinesQuick.com

ABW Ambassador
    I've heard a lot about it from Sam at Revenews and Jim Kukral who have it and use it and love it. And then I was checking Amazon and it's the #1 seller in their category. It's something I might pick up myself. Pretty cheap and convenient with uploading to places like YouTube and other video sites or wherever.

Top selling in the camcorder category, just dominating and lots of great reviews, 8 out of the top 9 are Flips:

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...pf_rd_i=502394

I might get one too, but I can't tell if the software that comes with it is just for uploading to YouTube or if you can use it to publish videos on your own site.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    asdf
    The software that comes with it only lets you trim the video. No cuts or anything like that. It's very basic, but still useful.

Personally, I use Sony Vegas to take clips and make little movies. But you can get by without it if you just want to upload clips to Youtube.

I have a review of the camera at buytheflip.com. Yes, that's my site. I'm not going to get rich off the amazon link on the site a few bucks at a time. It's a case study really.

Amazing little camera. I've made close to 20 videos with it so far. Check out my dentist one.
    Jim Kukral
    You will love my book: Attention! This Book Will Make You Money

Yep, I love mine. Instead of using the software now, i just upload it straight to my YouTube acct from the .avi file. It acts sort of like a hard drive and you can pull the videos off without much trouble if you know how to get to the file system (which I do quick and easy on my Linux laptop).

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I reviewed it on one of my sites earlier today - very easy to use and I even had my 3 year old and 5 year old shooting video with it.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Love it ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Here's a second opinion.

DON'T watch Jim's dentist visit.

I have a Sony but it is too complicated to use on the fly. It's too much like walking around with a baby bag. This looks fairly compact and simple. Gotta love simple.
    leeann

So Leeann....Did you end up buying it? If so, what did you think? I was thinking of buying one as well.

Kristen

Kristen - No I meant to but as usual I've procrastinated. I might actually get some stuff done this week (like ordering the Flip) now that Oct. 15 (last day to send in tax stuff) is over. But based on some of the comments above, it looks like it's worth the money.
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    ...as usual I've procrastinated. ... now that Oct. 15 (last day to send in tax stuff) is over.
    LOL! I thought I was the only one who didn't get the tax return finished until yesterday! I didn't get around to starting on mine until Sunday.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    The quarterly taxes that were due on Sept 17th?

No, the 2006 Tax Return that was due 4/17/07 without an extension or 10/15/07 with an extension. You can file for a 6 month extension without any justification. Further extensions require justification. (Tax payments aren't extended, just the return.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Oh ok. For a second I was like damn, I could have sworn I sent them out last month I thought I might have missed it for a second.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm getting The Flip on Thursday. Oprah likes it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY5duopcLfY

I bought one for my nine-year-old daughter as she has her own blog with video now. Very easy to use.

I just got mine on Monday. I think it takes great video for what I am using it for. I will give a better review when I have a chance to use it a little more.

I saw it on Oprah yesterday too. Hopefully that will cause more people to click some flip affiliate links.

Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    No, the 2006 Tax Return that was due 4/17/07 without an extension or 10/15/07 with an extension. You can file for a 6 month extension without any justification. Further extensions require justification. (Tax payments aren't extended, just the return.)
    I have heard rumors that filing an extension and filing your return late will make you less likely to get an audit...supposedly because the IRS agents are eagerly filling their audit quotas earlier in the year. No idea if this is true. Personally, I like to get my return filed and out of the way in April. It stresses me out enough already, I don't need to think about it until October too!

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread