Question Adsense quit counting impressions for a single channel
    Was dorking around with one of our less...umm...dorked around with websites today and noticed that Adsense was not counting impressions for it, despite there being traffic and it displaying Adsense ads (not public service ads). It's pretty normal for Adsense to be behind a bit in reporting, so I ran a report for the last 7 days. Still nothing.

Conferned (confused + concerned), I ran an all time report for the channel displayed by date. Adsense showed impressions every day through August 2nd, then zip, zilch, nadda, nothing.

The site is a blogger blog, and the nearest posts were July 25th and August 9th, so I can't imagine any edits to the code that would've broken anything.

The only thing I've found so far that looks like a candidate for what's wrong is that the Adsense code (that I believe blogger generated), included both an ad_client and an ad_host - both different...

google_ad_client="pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
    google_ad_host="pub-oooooooooooooooo";

I've since deleted the ad_host and still no impressions, again, despite traffic.

Has anyone ever seen a channel just stop tracking before? As mentioned, Adsense serves ads on the site no problem, and the site has been getting traffic every day. The channel is not inactive and our account is in good standing (as far as I know).

Will be clearing caches, launching new browsers, trying FF and rechecking all of the code, but wanted to ask just in case.

Thanks much!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

After trying a bunch of stuff I finally noticed blogger under the access tab under account settings with a status of pending. I declined access and ran another report. Presto, an impression. Can't say there's a direct cause and effect there as I also generated all new code, switched browsers, emailed Adsense and a bunch of other things, and it's only 1 impression, but it's the first since August 2nd, so I'll take it. Also doubt I'll ever use blogger to add Adesense again...
    Eathan Mertz

And now, our first click since August 2nd...
    Eathan Mertz

http and a telephoto
    I always generate the code and add it myself. Never use the blogger code generator. Wouldn't trust it, and as you have shown, might be a good idea not to!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I always generate the code and add it myself. Never use the blogger code generator. Wouldn't trust it, and as you have shown, might be a good idea not to!
    I normally do it all manually as well. Must've been when I finally switched from old blogger to new. I think the color schemes were a mess and I must've edited once via blogger. Bad idea!

I checked all my other blogger blogs and this was the only one affected. I'm sure I wouldn't've gotten rich off it, but seeing revenue the day I fixed it, I wonder what I lost over the nearly two months it was down.

You'd think that owning both systems, Google could get them to work together. I bet somebody still paid for the clicks...
    Eathan Mertz

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread