sales crashed since last update
    Since the last update on Tuesday sales have been terrible. It may be a coincidence but seems like odd timing.

ABW Ambassador
    Coincidence. You talking across the board or just with a merchant or two? If CJ had a network wide problem with sales after that last update, boards, blogs etc, would be lit up. And sales are fine on my end.

ABW Ambassador
    What do you mean by the last update on Tuesday? Are you referring to the scheduled maintenance outage last Thursday?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There'e something supposedly happening right now:

Reporting Outage
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. PDT
    Both transaction and performance reporting in the CJ Account Manager™ will be unavailable from 6:00 p.m. PDT to approximately 9:00 p.m. and will be delayed until approximately 11:00 p.m. Tracking and recording of transactions and all other member area capabilities will be fully functional during this outage.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Your last post is irrelevant to your original post. Are you going to respond to my earlier post?

UPDATE: Ooops, I confused AffiliateHound with AffiliateFriendly.

It seems acrosss the board for all my merchants.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Sales with CJ are great for me since the update

Reporting was delayed for yesterday's stats until very late in the day, but they updated and the day was normal.

I don't think so,

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateFriendly
    Since the last update on Tuesday sales have been terrible. It may be a coincidence but seems like odd timing.
    Probably coincidence. I've had record highs for the last couple of days.

It looks like it's my turn The last sale event was 17:08 yesterday. Time to sit back and watch to see what today brings I suppose

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    My sales (primarily ebay) have crashed since the first of September. And ebay won't answer my emails.

Sometimes it seems like merchants punish you when you put forth extra effort. That's what happened here.

I should have known by now not to build sites around single merchants.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    My sales (primarily ebay) have crashed since the first of September. And ebay won't answer my emails.

Sometimes it seems like merchants punish you when you put forth extra effort. That's what happened here.

I should have known by now not to build sites around single merchants.
    Ditto, I learned this lesson a year ago. Never put all eggs in one basket.

I'm one sale away from a $100 bonus for 20 sales in a month, for one particular merchant. I've been getting a sale every other day, and sometimes every day, all month with this merchant.

After the last update on Thursday - no sales.

It would be easy to try to blame the last CJ update, or the merchant (and believe me, those thoughts crossed my mind).

But I really just have to look in the mirror and evaluate whether I'm still giving it 100% like I have been all month, and I also have to be willing to accept that the market is volatile - customers buy in groups, and stop buying in groups (so it seems).

And if all else fails, I'll probably just make the last purchase myself tomorrow morning. Spending $28 to make a $100 bonus doesn't seem like such a bad way to finish up the month, and then I'd have a licensed copy for myself (it's software) that I could use for screenshots and review articles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    I
    After the last update on Thursday - no sales.
    That's what I saw, I'm not sure why.
    I hope to change things around
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thumbs up
    Well, good news: the 20th sale just rolled in, which gives me the bonus and verifies that tracking is not broken.

I have the same problem as the thread starter. Before i averaged around 20 leads per day but after the 25th it has dropped to just average 3 leads per day!! What happend that day? What have they changed? All I know I (WE) are losing a lot of money here.

Also want to mention, I still got the same traffic (even more) and been average this since more then a month then it just stop same as the the thread starter says.

Check your links, or switch them for other links for the same merchant.

I might just be superstitious, but if a parasite has figured out that a given product is selling well from one or more of my pages, then I'd bet money that they include the links on that page in their list of "let's switch our id for his and swindle this sucker out of his hard earned money" links.

I notice that CJ tends to randomly generate the server name part of each link's url (probably to spread the load out across their servers). So each time I go in and check a link there's a good chance that a different server name will be used.

When I notice a dip in sales, I go in and change out the links with the newly generated server names, and three times in a row of doing this now I've noticed sales pick back up.

Is anyone else superstitious like me? Do you do this same crazy salt-over-the-shoulder technique too? And does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by RickPlmr
    I notice that CJ tends to randomly generate the server name part of each link's url (probably to spread the load out across their servers). So each time I go in and check a link there's a good chance that a different server name will be used.
    I don't think it's a problem with a parasite, I am having problems accessing the randomly generated server names

A "parasite" might be able to figure out the dominant keywords used on your site, but it would be difficult to tell exactly what items sold.

You can see my updates to the server problems here

Switching links for the same merchant is an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 1st, 2007 at 10:51 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Yeah, going to change the links just to be sure.
    Tried contacting both commission junction and directly to the affiliate without any answer. Getting frustrated and losing A LOT of money.. I wonder what't happend here.

Small update.
    I received 2 emails telling me that they got a 404 error when they sign up to a lead. This could be the answer why im seing such a low stats at the moment. I sent this to CJ support let's see what's happends. Something is wrong, that's for sure.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread