I just bought a URL for a search term that I would like to rank well with. You know, checked Overture, etc.

Well, I just got to wondering what the competition I would have to beat on google is doing and did a search on it (duh). Well, I found the competition, alright...I AM SHE!!!

Gees! Well, anyhow the new site will have much more expensive stuff. Let's see if I can knock my own panties off. LOL

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Now thanks some good news and with a little more good luck you rank #1 and #2.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

No, what you should do is copy the content of your existing site to the new one, and then send yourself a Cease and Desist letter, and report yourself to your hosting company for copyright theft.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> No, what you should do is copy the content of your existing site to the new one, and then send yourself a Cease and Desist letter, and report yourself to your hosting company for copyright theft.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...

Ssanf,
    I see nothing wrong with that...particularly if you can change the content just a little.

A little story for you...at one time the FCC prevented radio groups from owning a lot of radio stations in one market. That law was dropped (hence the volatile radio industry over the past few years). Anyhow, now in some cities, the same owner will own a rock station, country, oldies, CHR and various other stations. The thought is, although these stations compete against each other, you are listening a station owned by the same company. When a person gets into their car and turns on the radio, they are listening to a station owned by Joes Radio Inc, no matter what format it is.

Take that philosphy to the web...nothing wrong with owning competing websites, and to me can be rather beneficial. In your case, somebody looking for Pagan/Wiccan things will be looking at a site owned by you, even if they compete.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Dynamoo-LOL!
    ssanf-way to dominate that keyword!

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

Ssanf,

I see nothing wrong with that either. I have three of my sites competing with each other, but not always for the same keywords. One site comes up first on some keywords and another site comes up first on a different keyword. What I like best is when I do a search and see all three sites in the top ten listings for a keyword. I believe it is a very smart thing to do.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    SSanf,

It's only an oopsie when you want a domain to promote certain keywords and the one you want it already taken...you grumble and look for an alternative, but nothing hits you just right like the one taken already. Then upon further research you realize that you already own the one you wanted, but just never developed it yet.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I am going to develop it anyhow. I am putting the $60 commission stuff on the new one. This could be a good thing.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread