Newbie Adsense questions
    Hi, I'm new to affiliate marketing and just getting my first site up, a wordpress blog. I'm using a wordpress theme that already had adsense set up in the right column, and in the instructions the designer said that all I had to do was go in and change the current adsense account # to my own and it would be set to go. I'm wondering if that is legit, because I thought that Google required each new site with adsense to be cleared by them first.

Also, with this set-up, I'm a little unclear about how to get the ads to be relevant. The front page of the blog is showing adsense ads about blogging while the pages that display posts by category seem to have ads that are on target. How can I get the front page ads to change?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

ABW Ambassador
    "I'm wondering if that is legit, because I thought that Google required each new site with adsense to be cleared by them first."

As far as that, once you're accepted, you can put it on whatever site of yours you want, provided you still follow the same guidelines they have.

As far as the relevancy, that should change on it's own at some point. There might be a few things to speed that up, maybe others have tips but I've that with some of my pages at first but eventually it started showing relevant ads.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    MJG63.
    As Trust mentioned, once your account is setup, you use your account number on any site you own. Furthermore, it is against Google policy to set up more than one account per person.

If you are seeing unrelated content on your front page then you need to write posts with more texts and have them appear. Also you can modify your template to tell Google what text to consider and what to exclude. It is called 'section targeting'.

This code should work
    <!- -google_ad_section_start- ->
    The content you want for the ad goes between
    <!- -google_ad_section_end- ->

Do a search online for adsense section targeting to learn more

Thanks to you both for your input.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread