Prom Dress Suggestions Needed
    I'm getting some traffic for prom dresses which to be honest I'm not targeting. It's showing up on a costume site. I was thinking I'll throw up a link to a merchant but after looking at a few of them I am totally clueless

What's a good price for a prom dress? Some of the prices were 200 - 500 dollars which seems high to me. One merchant I looked at the prices seemed reasonable but the selection was limited. Can anyone suggest a good merchant or two that has a nice selection and coverts. Thanks for any help you can give

I don't know about any specific merchants, but 200-500 is perfectly reasonable to most girls for a prom dress. (their parent's might not think so)

If you go below $100 on something like that they will likely be unhappy with the quality of the dress when they get it and return it.

Just my 2 cents.

Sheri

Pennys if you have them. And $200 - $500 for a DRESS for one high school date? LOLOL! That is insane. There are plenty of selections under $200, and lots under $100. ( Penneys only has 5 or so dresses above $100, for example) Even if you want to go higher end with something like Jessica McClintock dresses, almost all priced under $200, though tough to find online.

Well enough rant about a fair price on a prom dress, lol.

PromGirl ( which I believe is at LS) is probably your best bet.
    http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewall

Thanks Sheri and Anne for your feedback

It is strange at least IMO that people will pay that much for a dress for one night but I know some do. And God forbid that they can wear it twice (my sons girlfriend doesn't unless it's out of town).

Pennys has shot me down in the past so their out but I really like Promgirls site and their huge selection and prices. The fact that they approved me on auto pilot is a plus too Thanks again Sheri and Anne, it's appreciated!

Hmmm, looking at they title of this thread it looks like I don't have a clue as to what to wear

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Packy,

Sydney's Closet on SAS has plus size prom dresses.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne,

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll be sure to check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    And $200 - $500 for a DRESS for one high school date? LOLOL! That is insane.
    Yikes! I agree. I bought my prom dress myself when I was in high school (my parents never gave me a free ride!).

Wouldn't it be best to offer a selection of all price ranges?

Quote Originally Posted by lookingfortips
    Yikes! I agree. I bought my prom dress myself when I was in high school (my parents never gave me a free ride!).

Wouldn't it be best to offer a selection of all price ranges?
    Me too! I can remember it now, lime green .... and to think I thought it was BEAUTIFUL at the time, hahahaha! barf!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Me too! I can remember it now, lime green .... and to think I thought it was BEAUTIFUL at the time, hahahaha! barf!
    Tee hee. Mine was bright Santa red with white satin gloves that went up to my elbows. I also thought it looked great at the time but seeing the pictures now all I can think is, "Wow. That didn't match AT ALL."

I love being a nerd.

[QUOTE= Wouldn't it be best to offer a selection of all price ranges?[/QUOTE]

Lookingfortips, Absolutely Promgirl looks like they have a pretty good price range.

I won't chime in about the colors you and Anne wore but having 2 sons and a daughter that went to a lot of the dances I can say the dresses have gotten a lot shorter than I can remember

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I know this is old, but I promoted PromGirl for 3 years, sent a ton of traffic, and never got paid. Nordstrom and Sydney's Closet do well by me though.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread