Action on Private Offer Expiration?
    Does a notice of a private offer expiration necessitate action from an affiliate?
    LinkShare would like to notify you that the Private Offer #123.123 that [Affiliate] has with CompanyX.com is set to expire in seven days. Please contact CompanyX.com to discuss this change.
    I would guess that normal/regular commission guidelines would apply?

What is expected of the affiliate in this situation?

Why is the affiliate being encouraged to contact CompanyX.com?

What happens if the affiliate chooses not to contact a company?
    What is the motivation for contact?
    What would the discussion encompass?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia,

I have been getting the same emails. So far merchantX has been changing the private offer# but nothing else. The commissions haven't dropped from the private offer. In other words offer 123.12 goes to 123.13, 123.14 and so on. I'm sure different merchants do it differently and that doesn't mean that it won't convert back to the regular commissions though sooner or later.

I think Linkshare wants you to contact them to see if you can keep it going or perhaps get more from them. In my case the private offer has been on a 7 day period it seems which is why they have to keep changing the offer every 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I think Linkshare wants you to contact them to see if you can keep it going or perhaps get more from them. In my case the private offer has been on a 7 day period it seems which is why they have to keep changing the offer every 7 days.
    So do you contact them every 7 days?
    What do you do: do you write a formal e-mail?

It's cryptic communication: I was told to contact CompanyX.com but was not given a specific contact name/e-mail.

I prefer:
    Here's the deal: Click the box if you accept the deal.

That's easier than having to try to figure out who I am supposed to contact and e-mailing some AM who might not even respond to me.

I was told I could "discuss this change" -- I wasn't given a motivating reason for the discussion. I'd be more motivated if told: Contact Mr. X in order to get a similar or better deal.
    Last edited by Rhia7; September 28th, 2007 at 02:49 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I just took a look at the email they sent and the first email sent was for a 14 day private offer. The second email sent was to say that the same offer will expire in 7 days which will be on the 30th. The thing is that the Private offer# has changed at least 2 times since. In my emails it does list the merchant though.

I looked at linkshare and it shows the current offer started on Sept 7th and end Sept 30th unlike the email that said 14 days so I'm starting to get as confused now as you are Rhia

I contacted them only once when they dropped commissions asking for an increase. Never since the offer was made to me though. If it's a good private offer you have, I personally would contact them to see if they will keep it going instead of taking a chance and letting it expire. JMO of course

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread